Stroller for the 4 year old?

KateJoe&JakesMom

Earning My Ears
We have a 4 year old (almost 5) a 2 year old and a 10 month old we are taking to WDW. All the moms in playgoup said we should have a stroller for our 4 year old as well as the 2 and 10 month (both boys). We have a double stroller for the boys, but should we haul an umbrella stroller for the 4 year old, rent one there or do you think she won't even require it?

Thanking all you seasons WDW goers.

I would take the umbrella stroller. Our 4 y.o. sat in the stroller a lot when we went in Feb. First, it's faster to get around when you can put the kids in the stroller and zip to the other side of the park. Second, it's easier for them to eat/drink while sitting rather than walking and trying to hold your hand at the same time. Third, monkey see, monkey want--you don't want to have to carry one of the little ones because the 4 y.o. decides she wants to sit for a while (and, in my opinion, this will happen at some point during the trip). Fourth, you won't have to carry her back to the tram/car at night (YEAH!). Have fun!

We are going in 27 days with a 4 1/2 year old and we are bringing our umbrella stroller. We will go back in June when she's 5 and will bring the stroller then, too. Much easier on parents to not hear whining. Plus, if we are rushing to get somewhere, it's easier to push her than drag her!

We just bought a new umbrella stroller for our 4 y.o. (she'll be 5 when we go in Jan.) It is a nice stroller, with a visor and a basket underneath, and it has one-hand fold, etc. She would make my dh carry her everywhere if we didn't bring it!!

Definitely bring the stroller. My dd was almost 5 and she rode in it most of the time. We are going back in two weeks and she is now 5 1/2 and we are bringing it back with us again. That's a lot of walking for little legs. I know my 8 year old would love to ride in one if he could.

Erika

She really must have one at Epcot where there is so much walking. We usually skip it at MK because the attractions are much closer together and it's almost more annoying to keep retrieving it and reparking it. At MGM, you could go either way, depending how she's doing. If it's easier for you, you could bring the boys' stroller then just rent one for her at the parks where there is a lot of walking.

We are going to WDW in December with our 4 yo and 6 mo girls-we have a stroller for the youngest and an umbrella stroller for the oldest, however, the stroller for the 4 yo is rather small for her now (ie she has to squish her bum in it!!!) I was wondering if anyone knew of a larger umbrella stroller for toddlers or would I benefit more from renting, since the ones at WDW are larger anyway?? (We are also flying from NY!!!!)

Hi again:

I've been wrestling with this issue as well. The stroller rental is $7.00 per day which means for the time that we are there it's $63.00. Plus if we walk to Epcot or MGM, she won't have a stroller.

However, I don't know if they have lightweight strollers big enough for Sydney. We may have to do some searching on the internet.

sydally
I thought you were planning on getting a doible stroller. so that you could fit both the girls. that way you dont have to push and lug around two strollers. if not i think that an umbrella stroller should be ok for syd. she doesnt way to my more then emily does.

My daughter was 4 1/2 on our last trip and having our own stroller was still a great benefit. As I said on another post, they're great for getting from your room to the bus stops and from the bus stops to the park entrances.....as well as a place to sit while waiting for a bus. Help all your kids stay as rested as possible because who wants to hear whining in Disney World???? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter