Stroller help..

alyssa18o6

Disney Obsessed.
Going to rent a stroller for our November trip. My daughter will be 6 months old, we have a Chico Bravo at home. Which stroller would you recommend the City Mini or the Mini GT?

We own the City Mini as well as an older City Mini Elite. The City Mini is our "Disney Stroller" because it's terrific for buses and planes. It's lightweight and folds easily with one hand.
The GT looks similar to our old City Elite, which is what we prefer to use at home or on trips where we drive. It's more maneuverable than the City Mini because of the single wheel in front but is an absolute beast and really heavy and bulky. I don't think the GT is like that but I'm not familiar with it myself. You can't go wrong with either, City Mini makes great strollers. You could check out YouTube videos of both and see which would work better for your family. :)
Hope you have a wonderful trip!

For use in and around the parks I'd get the GT. The bigger foam filled wheels / tires prevent a lot of 'tracking' that is caused by the parade lines in the road and other deviations. Depending on the year the GT has slightly wider seats so is more comfortable.

We have the GT double and love it. Had literally 20+ different strollers over the years and this is the only one I haven't sold. Hands down the best all around stroller! Purely subjective of course ha ha

We have a GT at home and we love it! The GT is bigger, but when we were stroller shopping it didn't seem any bigger or bulkier than the mini. Also, the GT has an adjustable stroller handle which we like since I am short and my husband is tall, the handle on the mini just wasn't as comfortable for me to deal with. We are going in November and plan on renting a GT.

Long past the stroller portion of life (my kiddos are probably older than you and DGD is about to enter her teens) but I can still read specs, buy one for a family member's baby shower and observe strollers in action daily.

I would concentrate on the one that weighs less (City Mini) for this locale. The weight is particularly important when staying at resorts dependent on bus travel. You've no real need for the foam filled wheels at WDW since the walkways have an even terrain and you probably won't be using this stroller frequently enough to worry about extra ruggedness. Remember that you may still need a car seat with a child as young as your little one for either model. Do keep in mind a feature that a pp brought up which is the height of the stroller pushers; this can be a deal maker/breaker based on adult pushers' statures that is advantageous to the GT.

As you plan to visit WDW frequently it might be a good idea to buy a used one and have it for years to come. It would probably pay for itself in 2 trips usage if you get a used one at a good price.

HTH.

Last edited:
We've always used the Citi Mini in the parks, the single and the double and it's been an awesome park stroller. I thought about trying the GT once when we rented, but couldn't justify the extra price tag since the regular one has all the features we love (large canopy, easy to maneuver even one handed, plenty of storage, lays flat and 1 step easy fold). I will say I've been told that the GT has an adjustable handle that is useful if you are very tall. I'm definitely not, but if you are that may be a consideration.

Adjustable handle, depending on year it also has bigger seats, the foam filled larger wheels are a huge upgrade and worth it by themselves!

Strollers aren't cheap though, but there are bargains to be had. I managed to get a 3 year old GT single with rain cover and accessories for peanuts today! So keep your eyes peeled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!