Stroller parking locations in each park

kniquy

DIS Veteran
So we are on the fence with getting a stroller or not for our almost 5yo DD. If we cave and get a stroller are there certain stroller parking areas that i should know for each park? We want to be prepared and don't want to be wandering around wasting time. I am guessing in each land there is certain spots - in Epcot i remember seeing a sea of strollers between the Land and seas with Nemo.

Is there any list of stroller parking lots for each park?

There’s no list, but there is stroller parking near most attractions. I worried about this prior to our trip last year (our first with a child AND a stroller), but it was very easy. And you can leave the stroller as long as you’d like.

One thing we learned when we were last there was that stroller parking is often at the front of a ride----then when you exit you are on the other side and have to back track. If you are on the fence, you might want to consider it. When my son was 2.5 and we were there we brought a stroller and ended up leaving it in the room pretty much the whole time----we covered way more ground and it felt much more freeing to not have to bound down to retrieving the stroller every time for us. That said---you have to know your kid and whether or not they "need" the stroller. If it is going to prevent melt downs, then bring it. My 2.5 year old was high on Disney and at the time we went hated the stroller so he walked pretty much the entire time on his own. You have to do what's best for everyone to have a good time---including yourself as a parent. When we return this summer wit my youngest who will be 2.5 we might bring the stroller---but it's hard knowing how much easier it was for us without having it last time. He's much more interested and willing to ride in it than my oldest was at this age.

One thing we learned when we were last there was that stroller parking is often at the front of a ride----then when you exit you are on the other side and have to back track.

That's not necessarily true. There are a few rides like that, but even then it's not like you have to walk a mile to get it. It's normally a short walk. Many other places the parking isn't at the entrance or exit, rather somewhere just outside the general area of the ride. As a PP said, there is stroller parking everywhere, you'll have little trouble finding places. The only thing to keep in mind is that a CM may move your stroller as they try to make space, so it may not necessarily be in the exact same spot you left it. It'll be in the same area though, you'll get used to doing a quick hunt for it.

So we are on the fence with getting a stroller or not for our almost 5yo DD. If we cave and get a stroller are there certain stroller parking areas that i should know for each park? We want to be prepared and don't want to be wandering around wasting time. I am guessing in each land there is certain spots - in Epcot i remember seeing a sea of strollers between the Land and seas with Nemo.

Is there any list of stroller parking lots for each park?

The stroller parking isn't an issue, there are spots to park them at most attractions. The only real issue with it is sometimes you will get on a ride after you parked your stroller in one spot and a CM will relocate all of them elsewhere. So the parking area isn't necessarily clearly marked at all attractions so don't go crazy and think someone stole your umbrella stroller like I did. LOL. But it's not very far from most rides. We stopped bringing the stroller at around age 7. I know my kids and as much as they didn't use strollers in "real life", in WDW life every kid can use a stroller at some point and the big benefit I miss about not bringing one anymore is having a spot to hang my bag since now I have to carry it myself. If you're on the fence, just do the small easy to maneuver umbrella style and see how it goes, if it's not needed then you leave it behind on day 2. I would rather stroller my 5 yo around than carry them for sure!!

The only inconvenient stroller parking area for us was at Nemo & Friends in AK. The walkway gets so crowded when a show gets out, I felt like a salmon swimming upstream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!