Stroller parking rules?

DizneyMommy

Every Day is Disneyland Day!
I just saw this mentioned in the disabilities forum and didn’t want to hijak. Has anyone done this yet? The last thing I want to do is stand in a 2 hour line at the gate every morning behind 826474873 other strollers to get a stroller tag. Can you keep one tag for the whole trip throughout the parks or is this a new tag every park/day thing?

A tag for your own personal stroller or a Disney rented stroller?

I just saw this mentioned in the disabilities forum and didn’t want to hijak. Has anyone done this yet? The last thing I want to do is stand in a 2 hour line at the gate every morning behind 826474873 other strollers to get a stroller tag. Can you keep one tag for the whole trip throughout the parks or is this a new tag every park/day thing?
I'm not sure this can be answered yet as I believe the pilot is only being conducted in AK and many people only visit AK one day of their trip.

According to the articles I read, if you take your own stroller you will be given a colour at the first stroller parking location you use, not need to get it at the front of the park. This should space things out and I really cannot imagine there being that many strollers all parking at the same time, unless you visit Pandora first.

According to the 2 articles I just now read online, if you bring your own stroller, you won't have to go to the Stroller Rental at all. When you park your stroller at your first attraction, they will then give you a stroller tag.

If you rent a stroller at Disney, you have to go to the Stoller Rental line anyway.

I'm not sure this can be answered yet as I believe the pilot is only being conducted in AK and many people only visit AK one day of their trip.

According to the articles I read, if you take your own stroller you will be given a colour at the first stroller parking location you use, not need to get it at the front of the park. This should space things out and I really cannot imagine there being that many strollers all parking at the same time, unless you visit Pandora first.
Ah. That little tidbit seems to have been left out of the post I was reading :rolleyes:

I couldn’t tell from my mad google skills if it was a test or rumor or what was going on. We arrive in a week and want to budget time where needed!

I found an article finally. I guess I don’t see the point of this. It seems like an annoyance for families to have to stop and hunt down the correct color corral every time they park. I see people just saying to heck with it and putting it in the closest lot no matter what color they have.

I’m sure disney sees some reason for this. I just hope it doesn’t mean having to walk twice as far back to the stroller after every ride. Are there really enough strollers parked at every ride to need to do this? I can see one, maaaybe 2 rides at DL where this would be possible due to space, and even then totally unnecessary.

It sounds like it started June 1, so it’s been 7 days? Hopefully someone has been there and can chime in! I just want to be prepared, especially since we are going to rope drop Na’vi. I really hope this wont slow us down and put a bunch of people ahead of us.

I'm totally not understanding this process at all. So if I have a purple tag, I'm supposed to park my stroller in the purple parking area. But if the ride I want to go on is closer to the blue area, I can't park there? Are there going to be CM policing the area and telling me I can't park there? Am I going to have to show my tag to pick my stroller back up? I sure don't want to have to wait in a line to park or pick up a stroller. It's just confusing and not making any sense to me.

I'm totally not understanding this process at all. So if I have a purple tag, I'm supposed to park my stroller in the purple parking area. But if the ride I want to go on is closer to the blue area, I can't park there? Are there going to be CM policing the area and telling me I can't park there? Am I going to have to show my tag to pick my stroller back up? I sure don't want to have to wait in a line to park or pick up a stroller. It's just confusing and not making any sense to me.
That’s what is so unclear. I think it’s more like each ride will have these? At least I hope, I don’t see what making us park farther away from the ride is going to accomplish. Other than bottlenecks and boards of people all in one place.

I can't remember which site I saw it on, but one article I read stated you can switch colors throughout the day. For instance, if you start with a blue tag but want to park in a red area, they'll give you a red tag at that parking area.

I still don't really understand the point of this. I imagine there will still be tons of people who park their stroller wherever, CMs still moving strollers within sections as people reclaim their stroller, and people still having trouble finding their stroller. I see it being a pain for people having to make sure they are in the right section or find the CM (or check in with them just to park the stroller) to get a new tag, then remembering how to get to where their designated section after the ride. It won't be as simple as "oh look, there's a bunch of strollers- let's park there," or "That's where we must have left it, because that's where I see a bunch of strollers."

I would like to think that Disney has some sort of method to their madness on this one, but I can't quite figure out what it is.

I can't remember which site I saw it on, but one article I read stated you can switch colors throughout the day. For instance, if you start with a blue tag but want to park in a red area, they'll give you a red tag at that parking area.

I still don't really understand the point of this. I imagine there will still be tons of people who park their stroller wherever, CMs still moving strollers within sections as people reclaim their stroller, and people still having trouble finding their stroller. I see it being a pain for people having to make sure they are in the right section or find the CM (or check in with them just to park the stroller) to get a new tag, then remembering how to get to where their designated section after the ride. It won't be as simple as "oh look, there's a bunch of strollers- let's park there," or "That's where we must have left it, because that's where I see a bunch of strollers."

I would like to think that Disney has some sort of method to their madness on this one, but I can't quite figure out what it is.
The idea is that your stroller will never be moved from the color area that you left it in. With CMs constantly rearranging strollers, guests would have to play hide and seek after they exited an attraction. This way, you have a smaller area to search.

It seems like they are trying to help you find your stroller. Some of the stroller parking areas are quite large. Perhaps they will partition them off based on colors Theoretically, you would only have to look in the red section if you have a red tag instead of searching the entire stroller parking area. If it works, I"m all for it. It can be difficult to find your stroller in some parking areas.

I found an article finally. I guess I don’t see the point of this. It seems like an annoyance for families to have to stop and hunt down the correct color corral every time they park. I see people just saying to heck with it and putting it in the closest lot no matter what color they have.

I’m sure disney sees some reason for this. I just hope it doesn’t mean having to walk twice as far back to the stroller after every ride. Are there really enough strollers parked at every ride to need to do this? I can see one, maaaybe 2 rides at DL where this would be possible due to space, and even then totally unnecessary.

I'm not sure if you have been to WDW already or not? If you have, you'll fully understand this pic! I'm guessing this is why they have instilled some sort of system to attempt to ease the stroller parking challenge. This was a pic I took (many years ago now but still relevant) during a day at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Colours would have helped here for sure!!

stroller parking.JPG

Can anyone provide an update on the Stroller Parking with coloured sections that was piloted in June? Are they still doing this? Have they expanded it to other parks since June?

Our stroller days are behind us (thus I pack far more efficiently for the parks! ;)) but I'm helping a friend plan their first trip to Disney and they will have a double stroller that they're renting.

I'm interested in an update on this also. We are taking our grandson for his 3rd birthday in September, and this will be a first trip of having to deal with a stroller. It has also been 20 years since we have been to WDW, and I know so much has changed. In all of our research, this is the first we have seen about stroller parking colored sections.

I'm interested in an update on this also. We are taking our grandson for his 3rd birthday in September, and this will be a first trip of having to deal with a stroller. It has also been 20 years since we have been to WDW, and I know so much has changed. In all of our research, this is the first we have seen about stroller parking colored sections.

@KsGiGi, it looks like the test ended on June 30th and is no longer in place at any of the parks.

I make an enormous bow to put on the handle, it makes spotting our stroller so much easier! I'm thankful they've discontinued this I think! I didn't remember using a stroller being such a pain back when our own kids were young! I'll be happy when our GS won't need one for the parks!

Even with that photo someone posted outside of Disney jr., we were there in a similar-looking photo and you scan for your stroller and you find it. It’s not really as jaw dropping as it seems. Maybe takes 5 minutes. Just scan down each row. Use an identifying object.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter