Stroller Rental, cleanliness questions

tinkb

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

So I'm a bit of a germ nut but I've gotten much better after 3 kids. Still, the thought of using a stroller that has had lord knows how many different kids with how many different cooties grosses me out a bit. We're traveling with a 6yo, 4yo (who tires VERY quickly) and an 18mo old, so definitely need a double stroller. Our current double hasn't been used in ages and I discovered is covered with mold from being in our garage :crazy2:. Looks like renting it is!

So I'm looking at the usuals, Kingdom Strollers, Magic Strollers, etc. Does anyone know how they clean them between rentals? If you've used them, do they look clean? My baby puts everything he can find in his mouth and is always chomping away on our stroller straps, so I'm sure it won't be any different with the rental, much as I will try to stop him!

I'm even debating on trying to clean my own stroller but I think it's too far gone and not sure if the mold would be more harmful than mystery cleaning products/random kid germs. Our last Disney trip we all came home with Norovirus and had an awful, vomit filled plane ride from hell trip home, so I'd REALLY like to avoid that at all cost!

We did kingdom strollers (a single) last trip. We rented a City Mini GT and while it definitely had some miles on it, it was clean. We are planning on renting from them next trip.

My BOB Revolution got a little moldy. I scrubbed it down first with soap and water, then with bleach and water and my husband pressure washed it to make sure I didn't leave any soap in the fabric. I let it sit out in the sun to dry for 2 days. It was just fine!

If yours isn't cleanable you might want to check out FB yardsales or Craigslist for a second hand stroller. It might easy your anxiety to be able to clean it and bring it so you know exactly what you have. You can resell or donate it when you get home.

We rented from Kingdom Stollers. One time the stroller looked brand new. Another time you could def tell it was used, but it was VERY clean.

We rented a City Mini from Baby Wheels Orlando last year (doing so again this year) and it looked brand new. They describe on their website how it is sanitized between rentals.

We rented from Orlando strollers and they said that they clean it between each use. Ours was very clean and looked new to me. I had absolutely no issues and was very happy with both the service and the stroller itself.

DW is a germaphobe. Our strollers were usually clean, but they were spotless and germ free after she wiped them down with chlorox wipes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter