Stroller Rental

oceanwave

Mouseketeer
I need to rent a double stroller for our up coming trip. I can't decide between a City Mini Double or a Mini GT Double. The biggest difference I can see is the weight of the stroller. Are there any other differences?

Don't know about those particular strollers, but in general unless you're going for a one or two day trip, IMO renting a stroller is a huge money waste. Go to Wal-Mart, Costco, etc...and pick up a small double on your own. You'll pay far less than renting, and it's yours. No worry about damage, theft, etc... Plus, when done you can sell it and get a lot of your money back.

We rented the gt after reading reviews here. It was an amazing stroller! So much better than our crap double umbrella from home. It maneuvered well and it was comfortable for the kids to sleep in.

The GT has more headroom if you have taller children riding. We rented one last trip and it was great! Didn't find it too heavy for on and off the bus. Because of a cross bar in the middle of the storage basket it can be a little slow to grab bags out. We would ensure the basket was empty while waiting for the bus then there would be no fuss in folding when it pulled up :).

City Mini GT double has a wider and taller seat, the wheels are better (foam filled) and its an all around better stroller. The City mini will work fine, but if the difference isn't too much then i'd go for the GT. We have one and having had 15+ strollers in the past, this is the one we love the most! Costly to purchase at $500-600 though, so renting isn't that big of an expense. Both the mini and Gt fold up great with minimum effort and fuss, so you are onto a winner with either. But having used both and owned both simultaneously, I would definitely choose the GT. If it's worth anything, after having our GT for a month we sold our City mini double and our GT was a used unit and the city mini bought from new.

We used the double city mini last year with my 5 and 3 year old girls. It was great. It handled very well to get through the crowds. I just set it up to rent it again for our long Labor Day weekend trip.

Don't know about those particular strollers, but in general unless you're going for a one or two day trip, IMO renting a stroller is a huge money waste. Go to Wal-Mart, Costco, etc...and pick up a small double on your own. You'll pay far less than renting, and it's yours. No worry about damage, theft, etc... Plus, when done you can sell it and get a lot of your money back.
The difference in the cheap small stroller you would buy and the city series is about the difference in driving a bare bone Kia with no ac or power windows in the summer and a new highlander or the equivalent. It will get you from a-b but it won't be fun or even pleasant for all involved. I've pushed an umbrella stroller with two kids (a macclaren which for an umbrella stroller is nice) and the same two kids in a city series and I will never push two kids in an umbrella stroller at Disney again. You walk miles a day. Most umbrella strollers- especially small cheap ones- will have you hunched over. The wheels are small and hard so you feel every bump. They also make it harder to push with the weight of two kids in it. And they are not as comfortable for the kids. A small cheap one will not have reclining seats or a good canopy. Two things that can be invaluable if you kids is tired and wants a nap (as mine did).
Op you don't say the age of your kids or the size. I don't believe you can go wrong with either but if your kids are older or bigger go with the bigger one as it will be easier to push

We own a city mini GT double, but for a variety of reasons rented a stroller on a few trips to disney. The first time I let the guy at the stroller rental company (I can't remember which one, we've used all 3 ones that can deliver to Disney resorts) talk me into just renting the regular city mini double instead of the GT. He said since my sons weren't yet too tall for the regular city mini double that he would recommend saving a little money and just getting the regular. We did, and although it wasn't terrible I really prefer the GT. It just pushed a lot easier. So after that we always rented the GT double. The differences i can think of are bigger and better tires (not as big as the actual jogging strollers, but much better than the regular city mini and all of the smaller strollers) and a higher height limit (plus maybe a higher weight limit? I'm not as sure about that). The GT is not truly one finger push, but it pushed pretty darned good IMO. My DS 6 rode a city mini GT double on our last trip, and he would probably have wanted to ride it again this year at 7 except we had twins and now they get the stroller and the older boys have to walk now whether they want to or not! I think weight and folding wise they are close enough to each other to not worry about the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter