Stroller Theft

Do you have a recommendation for one?

I know people who use both Tile and TrackR and like them both. It can really vary because it is crowd sourced gps. So it depends on how many people are using the app for either device in the park on any given day. The way they work is when someone with the app comes near it, you get an alert with its location if you’ve marked it lost or stolen. Some models also beep. Probably the fastest way to recover it is to put your phone nUmber and name on it somewhere visible and hard to remove.

We take our City Mini GT. First we put a personalized laminated sign hanging from the back. But second, when we park it, we just pop the front wheel off and stick it in the backpack we carry through the ride (just push one button and voila!). The CMs can still move it by tilting it back, but can't imagine anyone will want to take it.

We take our City Mini GT. First we put a personalized laminated sign hanging from the back. But second, when we park it, we just pop the front wheel off and stick it in the backpack we carry through the ride (just push one button and voila!). The CMs can still move it by tilting it back, but can't imagine anyone will want to take it.
Ha, that is pretty smart! I never thought of doing that, but the front wheel of my BOB pops right off.

I agree that the chance is small. We took our Stokke last year and never had any issues with it. The seat sits super high up and i wanted an instant seat for my daughter to watch parades and fireworks from. I don't regret bringing it at all. But it does stay parked for a good amount of times in the park. So if you have one (like the others suggest) that has a wheel that pops off that'd be a brilliant idea. I've locked the wheels on ours before and it didn't take that long to lock and unlock.

I'm FOR bringing the stroller YOU are comfortable pushing.

We have always had our stroller and our first trip, we brought a lock and locked it to a little fence in MK and when we came out there was a security guard looking for us and telling us how that's against the rules and he was going to have to break the lock if we hadn't came when we did. It was embarrassing and a little nerve wracking bc we had broken a rule. They explained that they had that rule for safety, etc. and it made perfect sense. SO now we just tie curly ribbons all over the handlebars that I get from Dollar Tree and put our name on it and you can even do a balloon, makes it SO much easier to find when a CM moves it. Plus I think it would deter a thief from stealing ours over the others!

My daughter and son in law have a city mini double stroller and this is exactly what we do. Cast members don't mind moving a stroller that's missing a wheel as long as they can still maneuver it easily enough. I always feel so much safer leaving it out there like that.

My daughter and son in law have a city mini double stroller and this is exactly what we do. Cast members don't mind moving a stroller that's missing a wheel as long as they can still maneuver it easily enough. I always feel so much safer leaving it out there like that.

This is brilliant! Conforms to rules but no one will steal. Where was this idea when I needed it 12 years ago??

I'd like to say that buying a $60 umbrealla stroller (not the super thin $10 kinds) is a great way to do WDW. Cheap enough they definitely won't be stolen. Large enough to keep the kids comfy, they even recline all the way down so kids can easily nap there.

Was informed by a co-worker not to bring our nice stroller to the park. We were given a nice bugaboo stroller. She informed me that hers was stolen and never recovered. She had a BOB stroller. Did some searching online and found this has happened a lot in the past. This is the only stroller we have. Should I invest in something cheaper or not worry about it.
I read in the Disney book to leave a diaper on the stroller and it's won't be stolen. Not sure if that is true. Sometimes they are taken by accident. I remember a few years ago going with my sister 9 total kids. We had 2 double strollers. After getting off a ride, kids jumped into stroller and we went to next ride, where we realized we had swapped strollers. Identically blue double strollers. We went back and ours was still there and we left the one we took by accident. Now we always buy a balloon and put on a stroller to identify it.

We didn’t have any issues and have never heard from friends about stolen strollers, but I feel like traveling to Disney World can be rough on a stroller, so I don’t think personally I would take a nice one.

On our last trip, I bought a decent used stroller for $65. It reclined and was comfortable for my kids, but I figured if it got banged up on the airplane or bus rides back and forth, no big deal. It worked out great for us. Even better, I can sell it for almost what I spent on it! I was going to spend $90 to rent a stroller in Orlando, so this seemed like a much better deal.

I hate this! I’m purchasing insurance when I rent a BOB stroller this summer just for this problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!