Strollers for an older and younger child

Just chiming in here with another vote for a double. Even if you don't use it a lot for the 6 yo, you have room for holding stuff.

Also if you plan on using a diaper bag like thing, don't. Use a backpack. Your back will thank me.

From prior experiences to taking kids to Disney, nothing and I mean NOTHING can really prepare them for the amount of walking it takes to conquer a day in the parks. Heck, myself included, wouldn't mind someone pushing me around for a break. It is a lot. Factor in weather, crowds, etc, you will be glad for the stroller (or having the availability rather). My kids could easily not use a stroller around the 3ish mark, but not in Disney!

Ok everyone. I’ve read a hundred articles, blogs, forums, you name it on traveling with a 2 and 6 year old. Single or Double strollers. Wing it, don’t won’t it. Ugh! We are going to Disney World in July 2021 and staying at CBR ... and I just can’t decide. Anyone with personal experience please chime in. Thank you!
At the absolute least I'd get a sit n stand with some kind of bench the 6 year old can sit on. It may just be better to get the double stroller.

Thank you! How easy is it to fold up? We’ll be using the sky liner and busses on property and will have to fold it up
It's pretty easy and quick to fold up! There's a little button that collapses it, and then you just have to push it down. We like that it isn't so wide when folded up (since it folds like an umbrella), unlike some other side-by-side doubles. It's still pretty heavy but manageable. We divided and conquered--my husband would fold and carry on the stroller, and I'd take the kids. :)

When my stepsons were 5 and 7, we took 2 cheap umbrella strollers we picked up for $20 each at Target. Gate checked them on the plane. And it was the best decision ever! We could split up, navigate crowds with ease, and never had to worry about the kids keeping up with our faster adult pace. Super easy to load on a bus, throw in the car, etc. Last year we went with our 6 and 8 year old. Did the exact same thing.

if you go with the cheap umbrella stroller, you’re not out major funds if they break,get lost, or just don’t work for you. It’s worth it just so you don’t hear “my feet hurt” all day long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter