Strongest drinks?

Cayaco

Mouseketeer
So how about this?

What's the strongest drinks at the parks and where can I get it? I know it's a family resort and not a wild spring break bar city, but where are can someone get a drink that has a nice punch to it and not a watered down over priced glass of sugar water?

In my experience most of the drinks at WDW are moderately strong at best, there are plenty of over priced sugar water drinks on property. The Lapu Lapu at the Tambu Lounge/Poly is good and the drinks at Trader Sam's (also Poly) pack a punch. You might find something potent at various booths at F&W if you're going during that time.

A standard offering at the resort bars is the Captain's Mai Tai. It comes with a rum floater, and I found it to be the strongest regular drink offered.

I haven't seen it in the restaurants or parks, but at the resort bars, they offered an extra shot in drinks for a couple extra bucks. I haven't stayed in a Disney resort since 2012 so I can't say for sure that they still do this.

So how about this?

What's the strongest drinks at the parks and where can I get it? I know it's a family resort and not a wild spring break bar city, but where are can someone get a drink that has a nice punch to it and not a watered down over priced glass of sugar water?

At AK they have a full bar at Nomad and mostly full bar at the outdoor walk up bar near Everest. You can order straight Jack Daniels if you are looking for a punch that isn't sweet. Or vodka or whatever you like.

At DHS, there's a full bar at Tune In Lounge or Brown Derby Lounge. So, whatever drink you'd get at a normal bar can be yours. And can be served in a to go cup. These may be "over priced" as many things are at WDW.

I agree...Lapu Lapu, anything from Trader Sam's, and the captains mai tai. Also, I've ordered a double shot of whatever is in the drink at times....usually at the pool bars. I tried that at BB though and the bartender said they were only allowed to put so much alcohol in a drink. :confused3So....unless I can get a Lapu Lapu or something from Trader Sam's, I get wine.

So the strongest drink we have ever had at WDW was at the ice cream place in the France Pavilion at Epcot. My DH got the ice cream martini. I think he got rum as the alcohol - the bottle the young CM picked up was very close to empty but she miscalculated just how much was actually left. She made a comment about finishing the bottle off and started pouring . . . and pouring . . . and pouring. At some point she realized there was way more left than she thought but she laughed and shrugged her shoulders and went ahead and kept pouring until it was empty. Everyone in line started laughing. There was so much alcohol in that drink my DH had to seriously pace himself!!

In general I have found the drinks at WDW to be fairly tame. We have found that if you sit at the actual bar and chat with the bartenders they tend to get more generous with the alcohol, similar to bartenders outside of WDW.

The Lapu Lapu has 151 so has a nice kick to it. If you want a stronger drink just ask for a double shot in the drink.

I agree the Lapu Lapu is strong, as are drinks from Spice Road Table. You can get a double shot in the Grand Marnier slush in France too. The strongest drinks I had in WDW were actually at the Star Wars dessert party! The bartender was very generous with his pours!

Depending on the bartender have had a pretty strong drink here.

PyzxVod.jpg

Best tip I've ever had from WDW. At Disney owned outlets ask for a double. $2 upcharge. Got my husband through the early years lol.

Best tip I've ever had from WDW. At Disney owned outlets ask for a double. $2 upcharge. Got my husband through the early years lol.
I discovered this at the Bellevue Lounge at the BW when the bartender responded to my request for a B&B on the rocks with: "You did say to make that a double, right?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!