Strongest drinks?

I second the Lapu Lapu! My DH is a big guy and he drank one at Ohana and his cheeks were so red- had to go back to the room and lay down after dinner lol

If there were only more locations in Magic Kingdom for some EtOH! I definitely need a libation after a day there.

La fin Du Monde at the Canada Beer Cart, 9% abv and a full pint for $9.50.

If you can make it over to The Wave or the Top of the World Lounge the Seven Seas Lagoon Cocktail ($22) is comically large and was quite heavily poured by the bartender when we watched him make it.

Although the Lapu Lapu was large it didn't "feel" like it was terribly strong to me personally.

A drink stand in Epcot China has a drink called "tipsy ducks in love" that's something like tea, chocolate, and bourbon. I had heard from several sources that it was strong, and indeed when I ordered it last year it had a very heavy pour of Jim Beam.

I've very much enjoyed the ice cream martini in France...they do a good pour...it was at least two shots straight rum with a scoop of ice cream. I also like Rose and Crown...they had Pimm's and Lemonade on the menu and made it well. The China cart someone mentioned with the tipsy ducks in love is quite tasty.
My husband swears by Territory Lounge at WL. He loved their bloody Mary, to the point he volunteered to do laundry so he could wait for the laundry while drinking a bloody Mary in the lounge.

The Spice Road Table also has good drinks. During F&W, the food cart in Morocco has some good drinks. I don't remember which one I got, it was orange colored, but I know I was feeling good the rest of the way around WS ;)

...During F&W, the food cart in Morocco has some good drinks. I don't remember which one I got, it was orange colored, but I know I was feeling good the rest of the way around WS ;)

This^^^ Last year, the dudes working there looked bored, because everybody was visiting the F&W booths, instead. They poured us some HEAVY Sultans Coladas.

The Margarita place inside of the Mexico Pavilion. They have gotten really expensive, like $15 range, but are so strong they can be difficult to drink.

Overall I would say WDW drinks lean toward the stronger side and they tend to use higher quality alcohol.

The Ultimate Long Island Iced Teas (found on most all resort drink menus) can be strong but it's risky finding a bartender who really knows how to make a good one. Sometimes you get too much sour mix in there which is bad!

The Margarita place inside of the Mexico Pavilion. They have gotten really expensive, like $15 range, but are so strong they can be difficult to drink.

Overall I would say WDW drinks lean toward the stronger side and they tend to use higher quality alcohol.

I don't agree with this at all, The La Cava margaritas are on the stronger end of the spectrum of Disney drinks, but they are quite easy to drink :drinking1, and not nearly as strong as many good margaritas that you can find in tequila bars all over the U.S. I think most WDW drinks are pretty weak, although there are a couple outliers.

I have had manhattans at many Disney lounges, it's pretty hard to make a weak manhattan - most recently a terrific rye manhattan at the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lounge. I have had the same at Animal Kingdom Lodge (not as good).

I don't agree with this at all, The La Cava margaritas are on the stronger end of the spectrum of Disney drinks, but they are quite easy to drink :drinking1, and not nearly as strong as many good margaritas that you can find in tequila bars all over the U.S. I think most WDW drinks are pretty weak, although there are a couple outliers.

That seems to align with most other posters. Perhaps for me it is the mix of drinks and the heat! One cocktail at WDW and I am good to go!

They usually hit me with wicked reflux before I can drink enough to really feel it. My limit there is two or I end up eating Tums all day.

A drink stand in Epcot China has a drink called "tipsy ducks in love" that's something like tea, chocolate, and bourbon. I had heard from several sources that it was strong, and indeed when I ordered it last year it had a very heavy pour of Jim Beam.

Tipsy Ducks In Love is one of my favorite drinks at WDW, and more often than not the servers are VERY generous with the pour of bourbon in the drink, making it stronger than expected, especially since it goes down so smooth (it basically tastes like chocolate milk with a little bite to it).

Also, it's not an official "on the menu" drink, but in Japan you can order a sake and a beer to make a sake bomb, which is also going to be pretty strong.

That seems to align with most other posters. Perhaps for me it is the mix of drinks and the heat! One cocktail at WDW and I am good to go!

This would be so much better for my wallet :rolleyes1.

They usually hit me with wicked reflux before I can drink enough to really feel it. My limit there is two or I end up eating Tums all day.

Ugh, that's no good at all, I used to love the margaritas, but lately I find everything way too sweet, so I go for the tequila flight instead!

So how about this?

What's the strongest drinks at the parks and where can I get it? I know it's a family resort and not a wild spring break bar city, but where are can someone get a drink that has a nice punch to it and not a watered down over priced glass of sugar water?

A strong drink - don't get anything with sugary/syrup/juice added to it. Go to a bar/lounge and just get a vodka rocks, vodka tonic, martini, gin and tonic, etc.

I don't think there is anywhere in Magic Kingdom to get a regular drink, but you can hop the monorail to the Contemporary if you are desperate! ;)

What's the strongest drinks at the parks and where can I get it? I know it's a family resort and not a wild spring break bar city, but where are can someone get a drink that has a nice punch to it and not a watered down over priced glass of sugar water?

1) Drinks contents are set for each bar.
2) Specialty drinks (from the drink menu) are the same for each bar/eatery.
3) Do not expect stronger drinks, as Disney does not want to give away the booze.
4) there is too much profit in alcohol to waste it on "long pours".
5) If you want a stronger drink, order a "double".
. . . at some locations, they will oblige
. . . at other locations, they will not

So, as someone with a stupid high tolerance (usually), I agree with everyone here who said look for places that offer cheaply upgraded doubles. I also agree that I get better pours out of Japan (the Sake bar in the back of Mitsukoshi) and China, or in La Cava when you subtly convince the bartender to make you a fresh versus pre-made drink (I'd also argue this is about being friendly versus being an attractive woman, as I've heard argued a few too many times, I can personally vouch for looking like a hot mess on what I thought was the verge of pneumonia at least one of the times I got a fresh batch out of the bartender).

Also don't discredit high ABV beers, sometimes that is the best you can do in Disney when you want something that will pack a punch.

So, as someone with a stupid high tolerance (usually), I agree with everyone here who said look for places that offer cheaply upgraded doubles. I also agree that I get better pours out of Japan (the Sake bar in the back of Mitsukoshi) and China, or in La Cava when you subtly convince the bartender to make you a fresh versus pre-made drink (I'd also argue this is about being friendly versus being an attractive woman, as I've heard argued a few too many times, I can personally vouch for looking like a hot mess on what I thought was the verge of pneumonia at least one of the times I got a fresh batch out of the bartender).

Also don't discredit high ABV beers, sometimes that is the best you can do in Disney when you want something that will pack a punch.
What are some of the best places for cheap doubles in your experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts