Struggling to decide on a resort

On a long trip like that split your stay. Its almost like two vacations in one. They will move your luggage from one resort to the other for you. You can check out of one go to the parks and at the end of the day go to your new resort.

If we split our stay, will we lose the free dining? We arrive just a couple of days before it stops being available for Brits.

What ever package you have will carry with you to the other resort, as long as the free dining is available for the whole duration of your stay you will have it. It may have to be booked as two different packages, they change stuff a lot. I believe there are different levels of free dining for different resort levels. A deluxe resort may get you a higher free dining package than a moderate. So if you switching between moderate and deluxe, the free dining package may change. It may be a little tricky to book but it can be done.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I think we've decided on the more room option of OKW.

We're worried my daughter might grow enough that the 5th bed at CBR would be too small. She's at that growing quickly stage. The kids would want both bunkbeds and a savannah view at AKL, increasing the cost there by a lot. BC is still £1000 more than OKW 1 br and we figure over 2 week trip we could use the ability to spread out a bit more.

My husband is still trying to find a way to walk to a park from OKW, but I think we'll manage the buses ok.

We considered those, but neither is available with the free dining from the UK, which makes them far, far more than OKW for the 2 weeks we will be there. Between the difference in cost of the rooms on the UK site and the dining, it's about a £6,000 difference. That would cover a lot of ubers.
I'm glad you have decided!! Bussing is not bad and having the extra room will be nice with such a long stay. Have a great trip!! pixiedust:

If we split our stay, will we lose the free dining? We arrive just a couple of days before it stops being available for Brits.
If you split your stay
You do indeed lose free dining on the 2nd resort
Not a wise move !

We’ve stayed in studios, 1 bed & 2 beds at okw
It’s a beautiful resort.
The 2 bed was my fave -however the pricing now removes them from our selections.

Please tell your husband nobody walks anywhere in Disney. It’s not like the U.K.
it would be the equivalent of trying to walk from Leeds to Manchester!

Try AKL, it is lovely. We have stayed at most deluxe resorts and WL is our favorite and AKL is our second favorite. We do enjoy the Epcot resorts as you can walk around at night and the entrances to the two parks is very nice. But at AKL, your kids have two different pools and the quick service is nice. The Epcot resorts don’t have good quick service. With the bit of money you are saving use Lyft or Uber a few times instead of the bus. Have a great time.

We've been twice before and stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. The kids were a lot younger then. They'll be 12 and 14 on the next trip, which is getting pretty old for a brother and sister (especially a sister who tosses and turns all night) to share a bed. We're in the UK and looking at a 14 night stay just before Easter.

We're currently trying to decide between:
Beach Club: extra bed plus walking to Epcot and HS. But, we've stayed here before and it's not cheap.
Old Key West: 1 bedroom villa is coming out £1000 cheaper than Beach Club (which is coming out cheaper than Yacht Club or Boardwalk) but it's not really walkable to any parks and my husband is not a fan of the buses.
Caribbean Beach: The Skyliner seems interesting and currently my daughter could sleep in the child's bed as she's small enough, but she could grow by then
Animal Kingdom Lodge: Some rooms have bunk beds and we've never spent a lot of time there or really at AK. It's not got great transport links though.

Any input that might be helpful?
Animal Kingdom Lodge bunk beds. It's a wonderful resort and its bus service is just fine.

What about getting 2 rooms at a value? 2 bathrooms, and POP is refurbished. They have their own buses ( resorts with multiple stops could have full busses when they ge5 to you)

For 2 weeks we would have killed each other at CBR. OKW has the biggest villas of all the DVC properties. We love Beach Club, but a pretty price. And it would probably be difficult to rent DVC points for 2 weeks without splitting it into different stays. I am assuming you are getting a dining plan? Perhaps 2 rooms at Pop so you have the gondolas and buses, plus plenty of dining at both Pop and AoA?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!