Struggling to have energy

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
I’m getting frustrated with my body and it’s lack of energy. I’m a working Mom of 2 kids under 5, and have fibromyalgia. I’m exhausted all the time even though I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night, am eating better, take a multivitamin and probiotic. I do know my vitamin D is low, but I take a supplement for that, and I just found out my ferritin is low-normal, notnlow enough to do anything about. All my other blood work is normal. My fibromyalgia is under control pain-wise, so that’s not it. I’m so desperate for energy that I’m even considering som of those MLM supplements, even though I’m against them. Any tips for boosting my energy?

I don't know how the weather is where you live and I know very little of fibromyalgia, but is it possible to take some walk or spend some time outdoors, I find that energizes me.

You said you're eating better(awesome) but what about drinking? I find when I stay on top of my water intake and stay hydrated I have a lot more energy. Also if I allow myself to be lazy for a stretch of time, it's hard to get back up and moving around.

I’m getting frustrated with my body and it’s lack of energy. I’m a working Mom of 2 kids under 5, and have fibromyalgia. I’m exhausted all the time even though I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night, am eating better, take a multivitamin and probiotic. I do know my vitamin D is low, but I take a supplement for that, and I just found out my ferritin is low-normal, notnlow enough to do anything about. All my other blood work is normal. My fibromyalgia is under control pain-wise, so that’s not it. I’m so desperate for energy that I’m even considering som of those MLM supplements, even though I’m against them. Any tips for boosting my energy?

Ah ha, are you me? LOL I am sitting here sorting my meds getting ready to take the b12 and VitD.

I also take a multivitamin but apparently it is not working well. I do have lymphedema in my whole body so it is not happy and not working right.

Just got my blood panel back. I have been exhausted since December. Yep, low iron (Ferritin 10.4), low b-12 (376), low Vit D (22).

Recommendation is to take 1000mg of B12, I am on prescription VitD at 50,000 units a week, and they want me on low iron which I am hesitant to take due to side effects of taking iron.

What were your numbers?

Let's see - any one of those things on their own can zap your energy. You've got all three!

Having young children, especially, is exhausting.

Maybe 7-8 hrs of sleep isn't enough for you. Maybe you need more. (Yeah, I know, finding time for more is tough!)

I think you're on the right track with improving your diet, as is Soldier's Sweetie with making sure you get enough fluids. Also take some time for yourself at least once a week to just clear your mind or veg out if that's what you want to do. (But get out of the house! Preferably in the sunshine, if you can find any!) Make sure you're eating foods that contain iron.

I would be very careful with unregulated supplements.

I would try the excellent non-chemical recommendations first, then if they don't work, consult a doctor to determine any imbalances you may have that can be addressed with approved supplements.

I’m good about water intake. And I’m not diabetic. My ferritin is 21, which is the low end of normal, not low enough to treat. Vitamin D is up to 48 after months of taking 50,000 units a week. I’m trying to get better at exercise, so I can say I have all of my non-medication bases covered, lol!

I also Take a super B complex. I notice if I take them regularly I have more energy. If I run out of them and don’t replace them I start to notice a difference. Maybe worth a shot.

I’m good about water intake. And I’m not diabetic. My ferritin is 21, which is the low end of normal, not low enough to treat. Vitamin D is up to 48 after months of taking 50,000 units a week. I’m trying to get better at exercise, so I can say I have all of my non-medication bases covered, lol!

What about the B12? It appears that low B12 causes all of those symptoms as well.

How is your weather right now? Are you able to go sit in the Sun for half an hour or so? Even though you are taking vitamin D your body just might need some simple sunlight. I am sitting in the sun in my backyard and have been for 45 minutes today.
After a particularly stressful two months and a crazy busy two weeks, I am so achy and sore even though I sleep 7 hours and take many supplements. The last 2 nights I took Aleve to help me rest.

I find that a good dose of sunlight on my face, arms and legs with no sunscreen does wonders for me.

It's been a few months since I could get outside in the sun.

We have heavy rains and cooler temps coming in tomorrow, so I wanted to catch the rays while I could.

I find that a good dose of sunlight on my face, arms and legs with no sunscreen does wonders for me.

Me too!! It snowed the beginning of this month! We are in desperate need of sunlight. I took the kids outside and put some shaving cream and food coloring on their little table and relaxed in the sun while they went wild!

Is your D at just need supplements level? Mine dips a lot & I need prescription D in a much higher dose.
I do agree lots of the symptoms could be B-12 related.

It is 21. My multivitamin has iron but that’s it.

My own doctor didn't like to see any woman under 50 for ferritin. I was at 5. I felt horrible. I got mine up to 30 and I felt tons better. It could be your ferritin still, but at least you are getting some iron.

As for Vitamin D, mine was/is also low but for some reason I never feel any different when it goes up.

The Chronic Fatigue that goes along with Fibromyalgia is very very VERY real.
And, it often becomes an issue before the pain and stiffness of Fibromyalgia does.

I know of several approaches for the pain...
But, I have never heard of anyone who has found a way to address the fatigue.

I can only send you HUGS!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter