Studio at Copper Creek Villas or Standard at Polynesian?

evlaina

DIS Veteran
Like I do everyday, I was playing around with my reservations and saw a standard room at the Poly opened up for our trip in December. Its $200 more for the whole trip than our studio at CCV. We'd love a king room, which it could be, but there's no guarantee we wouldn't get stuck with 2 beds (we prefer one). We have never stayed at either, and CCV/WL seems amazing, especially at Christmastime, but I've always wanted to stay at the Poly and it's so convenient. Husband couldn't care less where we stay lol so I come here to my people.

I considered it before, but I don't want to do a split stay.

Is a king bed guaranteed in a studio at CCV? (I'm asking because I don't know)
If the K bed is guaranteed, then stick with CCV.
Otherwise, take a chance and head over to Poly! It's the resort we've stayed at most in all of our visits to WDW.
So yes, i'm biased! ::yes::

Is a king bed guaranteed in a studio at CCV? (I'm asking because I don't know)
If the K bed is guaranteed, then stick with CCV.
Otherwise, take a chance and head over to Poly! It's the resort we've stayed at most in all of our visits to WDW.
So yes, i'm biased! ::yes::
A single queen is what we have booked, which we are totally okay with, we just didn't want 2 queens.

A single queen is what we have booked, which we are totally okay with, we just didn't want 2 queens.
Got it! Never stayed at CCV, so I'm not familiar with the set up.
We stayed at Wilderness Lodge many years ago, and it wasn't for us. But many people really love it!

A studio at copper creek will have one queen bed and a sleeper sofa. No chance of any other configuration in a studio.

If it were me, I would stay at the poly. No question. We have stayed at both multiple times, and there just isn’t any comparison between the 2 for our family. The poly is on the monorail line, has better restaurant options, is closer to the magic kingdom. We just prefer it :)

It's a tough call, but I think I would go Poly on this one for only $200 more. The transportation options there are just far better and faster than what you will get at WL/CCV. I would make king bed the only request you place on the room.

Having stayed at both, I would personally go for Copper Creek. The rooms are new and nicely appointed. The space is well utilized. It's just a nice place to wake up in and come home to. The resort is beautiful. You have the boat to MK, and the resort boat loop to Contemporary (and therefore monorail) and Fort Wilderness. (We also looked up the room numbers for, and requested, an "alternate studio." They cost the same but are much larger b/c they are in a few alcove spots on the floor. I think there's only about 6 or 8 of them so you aren't guaranteed to get one. But it's worth trying for it, I loved staying in one).

If more transportation ease is most important to you, maybe choose Poly. You have the monorail and can walk to the EPCOT monorail. It also opens up easy dining options at GF and Contemporary. However, the rooms were simply not worth the price to me. It is incredibly basic in terms of a hotel room. The room is large, but uninspiring. It was our dream to stay there so we saved up for the 700 something dollars a night and were so disappointed. For that amount you could get something spectacular at the Four Seasons. I would only spend money to stay at Poly again if I could get a DVC room, which we toured and were infinitely nicer.

Having stayed at both, I would personally go for Copper Creek. The rooms are new and nicely appointed. The space is well utilized. It's just a nice place to wake up in and come home to. The resort is beautiful. You have the boat to MK, and the resort boat loop to Contemporary (and therefore monorail) and Fort Wilderness. (We also looked up the room numbers for, and requested, an "alternate studio." They cost the same but are much larger b/c they are in a few alcove spots on the floor. I think there's only about 6 or 8 of them so you aren't guaranteed to get one. But it's worth trying for it, I loved staying in one).

If more transportation ease is most important to you, maybe choose Poly. You have the monorail and can walk to the EPCOT monorail. It also opens up easy dining options at GF and Contemporary. However, the rooms were simply not worth the price to me. It is incredibly basic in terms of a hotel room. The room is large, but uninspiring. It was our dream to stay there so we saved up for the 700 something dollars a night and were so disappointed. For that amount you could get something spectacular at the Four Seasons. I would only spend money to stay at Poly again if I could get a DVC room, which we toured and were infinitely nicer.

And roughly about the half the price if you rent points. We regularly stay in Poly Studios for around $350 a night.

I stayed at Poly in May and was disappointed. We loved the resort itself, but the rooms, interior corridors, and elevators were very subpar. It needs a major overhaul, which a manager I happened to speak to on an unrelated matter mentioned is in the works. I did walk through a DVC building and it was sooooo much nicer. I'd stay Poly again, but I'd do a dvc studio instead of a standard hotel room.

@Brett Wyman Yes I've tried to rent points at Poly for a DVC room before, but I have never managed to find availability for my entire trip. If I could get in there for $350/night I would! (I tend to go at slightly more popular than average periods of the year, alas.)

Thanks everyone for the replies! My husband decided to have an opinion last night and wants to stay at WL! His 40th birthday is during our trip so I'm fine with his choice. If/when any sort of discounts come out we'll probably change our minds AGAIN anyway and stay at the GF because it's our dream resort 😂

@Brett Wyman Yes I've tried to rent points at Poly for a DVC room before, but I have never managed to find availability for my entire trip. If I could get in there for $350/night I would! (I tend to go at slightly more popular than average periods of the year, alas.)
We only got our dvc rental by booking a confirmed reservation for most of our stay and then adding on a night.

Thanks everyone for the replies! My husband decided to have an opinion last night and wants to stay at WL! His 40th birthday is during our trip so I'm fine with his choice. If/when any sort of discounts come out we'll probably change our minds AGAIN anyway and stay at the GF because it's our dream resort 😂

I really think you will not be disapointed with WL! I urge you to look up the alternate studios and put in a room request for those at the appropriate time, with the room numbers (I believe they all end in 115 except for the first floor? There's a thread here with the floorplans you can look up. It's worth trying to get one). The resort really feels like an escape and is a great place to hang out. Make sure to relax at Geyser Point!

And if you still want to experience the Poly, do what I do and have a monorail trip! You could take the boat to Contemporary, have a meal at California Grill or The Wave. And take the monorail to the Poly for drinks at Trader Sams and some Dole Whip at Pineapple Lanai!

I really think you will not be disapointed with WL! I urge you to look up the alternate studios and put in a room request for those at the appropriate time, with the room numbers (I believe they all end in 115 except for the first floor? There's a thread here with the floorplans you can look up. It's worth trying to get one). The resort really feels like an escape and is a great place to hang out. Make sure to relax at Geyser Point!

And if you still want to experience the Poly, do what I do and have a monorail trip! You could take the boat to Contemporary, have a meal at California Grill or The Wave. And take the monorail to the Poly for drinks at Trader Sams and some Dole Whip at Pineapple Lanai!
Thank you for the suggestions! I have been stalking the boards WL forums, and I belong to TP, so we'll put in a room request. And Geyser Point is on my list for our lunch the day we arrive. The resort IS gorgeous, I am excited for it.

We're celebrating both his 40th AND our 10-year anniversary so I was contemplating the Highway in the Sky Dine Around! And I can't wait to try Trader Sam's!

Thank you for the suggestions! I have been stalking the boards WL forums, and I belong to TP, so we'll put in a room request. And Geyser Point is on my list for our lunch the day we arrive. The resort IS gorgeous, I am excited for it.

We're celebrating both his 40th AND our 10-year anniversary so I was contemplating the Highway in the Sky Dine Around! And I can't wait to try Trader Sam's!
For the comment on the "alternate studio" request you will have to have a "Deluxe Studio" reserved and not a "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower". The one with a "WalkIn Shower" will not get you an "alternate studio" configuration, they don't exist. If you do have "Deluxe Studio" you might have better luck getting an "alternate studio" requesting an upper floor as if that request is granted you will guarantee an "alternate studio". It's just possible the room assigner might not know what that means if you ask. Also Floors 2-7 they end in x115 and on the first floor they end in x166 and x168. Just note that this is 8 out of 37 "Deluxe Studios" (and 23 of them are on the first floor). Now if you have "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower" they are all on Floors 2-7 and your main requests would either be "Courtyard/Silver Springs Pool" or "Boulder Ridge Pool". If assigned Floor 6 or 7 you have high odds of a dormer type balcony.

For the comment on the "alternate studio" request you will have to have a "Deluxe Studio" reserved and not a "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower". The one with a "WalkIn Shower" will not get you an "alternate studio" configuration, they don't exist. If you do have "Deluxe Studio" you might have better luck getting an "alternate studio" requesting an upper floor as if that request is granted you will guarantee an "alternate studio". It's just possible the room assigner might not know what that means if you ask. Also Floors 2-7 they end in x115 and on the first floor they end in x166 and x168. Just note that this is 8 out of 37 "Deluxe Studios" (and 23 of them are on the first floor). Now if you have "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower" they are all on Floors 2-7 and your main requests would either be "Courtyard/Silver Springs Pool" or "Boulder Ridge Pool". If assigned Floor 6 or 7 you have high odds of a dormer type balcony.
Good to know - we have the one with the walk-in shower, because we prefer it. I'll be happy with any room view there...we are rarely in our room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter