Studio Meal Ideas

I don't like pre-cooked bacon. I want my bacon really crisp, so I bring cheese sticks and a pound of frozen bacon, & stick in studio frig. By morning it is thawed. I buy a dozen eggs and OJ at the resort store, and cook the bacon to crisp in a microwave omelet maker, wipe out some of the fat, and cook a couple eggs. So mornings I have a nice, filling, protein-heavy meal. That lasts me almost all day. I only need one other meal a day. I also pack some non-melting snacks in my park bag, which help when my blood sugar drops--jelly beans, small 1 ounce pkgs of cookies. At night I might have a cheese stick, and some pringles, or something. I really wish the resort stores had big containers or V-8. The 12 ounce bottles are ridiculously priced.

I get my cholesterol for 6 months in one stay, but I do get my protein.

Edit: I fly, so just what I bring on plane with me. It is always just 1 or 2 people, so not feeding a family.

Last edited:
I’d love to get more ideas from others about what they make in a studio and how. Maybe we can start a recipe thread? 😉

I would love to hear from people who fly and don't have access to a crock pot or griddle. How do you get your food and how do you prepare it with just a microwave and a toaster?

I would love to hear from people who fly and don't have access to a crock pot or griddle. How do you get your food and how do you prepare it with just a microwave and a toaster?
There are some shelf stable microwave meals in the grocery store, look around the soup aisle. I’ve seen soups, cup of noodle style ramen, beef stew, ravioli and the like. Not great for you, but in a pinch it’s better than just microwave popcorn.

I make nachos in the microwave to snack on. I buy tortilla chips and shredded cheese and use the microwave to melt the shredded cheese on the chips. Then I spoon salsa on top before biting. You can add jalapeño peppers or milder pepperchini peppers before melting the cheese in the microwave. It’s not fancy at all but I always make enough for me and hubby because he always says he doesn’t want any but changes his mind once he sees me eating it.

I travel a lot for work, prefer to avoid too much restaurant eating, and have food allergies. I often get food at the Whole Foods hot bar to keep in my fridge and microwave as leftovers. That could work in a DVC studio! There are also some healthier frozen meals at Whole Foods that I like for hotel rooms. I'm pretty partial to the Feel Good Foods potstickers as an easy dinner or yummy snack, and I also like the Udi's and Annie's frozen meals from Whole Foods.

My favorite hotel room breakfast is frozen waffles with peanut butter spread on them, or microwaveable oatmeal cups with some almond butter stirred in.

There are some shelf stable microwave meals in the grocery store, look around the soup aisle. I’ve seen soups, cup of noodle style ramen, beef stew, ravioli and the like. Not great for you, but in a pinch it’s better than just microwave popcorn.
I sure hope I'm not stuck with only that kind of food. We avoid high-sodium frozen foods if at all possible. The only thing I'm coming up with is the microwavable pastas with a low-sodium spaghetti sauce (warmed up in the microwave) and a bagged salad. Can't have that every day though. I retire in 88 days and we will take our first extended trip in November. (I say extended but it's only 7 days, but for us that's the longest trip we will have taken.) For health and cost, I would like to limit our eating-out meals to one a day except for one morning when we do The Wave breakfast. We may throw in a couple of counter-service meals. But we will still probably need around 5 meals in the room. For breakfast, we do oatmeal cups and cereal and bananas (with milk and bananas bought at the gift shop). Would love to do something with some protein for breakfast. And we will definitely need to do a delivery--maybe Walmart who we tried last time.

I brought some hard boiled eggs with me in a packed cooler, and they came in handy earlier this month.

We fly in and have severe allergies + special diet (vegan), so while we are excited about all the plant-based initiatives that WDW is providing, eating out gets expensive, especially since we plan on being there a lot more now, thanks to DVC. lol!

We will be staying in a studio in a few weeks and I signed up for the owner's lockers to store cooking and eating items. My plan is to have groceries delivered and on the first day, we grill up a bunch of food at the BBQs provided at the resort so when we need to eat throughout the week, just reheat in the microwave. Breakfast for us usually consists of premade muffins, fruit, and yogurt (no cooking needed), then when we do dinner, it's the grilled food + sides that are easy to microwave. We plan on just buying snacks in the parks to hold us over until later, or maybe splitting a quick-serve meal if the mood hits.

I'm hoping it works out for us so we can delay buying more points for a 1-bedroom (full kitchen)! LOL!

Quick trip to the local Walmart
Grocery List
1 qt milk
eggs
Tuna
Shredded cheese
Pre cut (diced veggies)
Crackers
Hummus (red roasted veggie is my favorite).
Oatmeal
Thin sliced Pita bread
yogurt cups
Variety pkg of Muffins/cinnamon buns
Frozen waffles or pancakes /syrup
Fresh fruit (I usually buy a mixed platter) and bananas
Chips
Bread or English muffins

My Breakfast/Lunch go to

1. Scrambled eggs in a Mug (throw in a few veggies).Toast or English muffin,fresh fruit.

2. Oatmeal cereal,bananas and peanut butter on toast.(Jam or Honey)

3. Muffins/Yogurt,,waffles or pancakes /syrup,fresh fruit.

4. Twice cooked cheese sandwich,,toast Pita bread or English muffins--- sprinkle with shredded cheese,,microwave 30 seconds.

5.Tuna Pita sandwiches (add in some veggies and shredded cheese),add some chips/crackers Hummus.

6.Yogurt/ fresh fruit,toasted or try raisin bread.

If my sons are coming with me I will pick up sandwich meats/buns/butter.

Dinner is usually at a nice sit down restaurant or something quick service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!