STUDIO PEOPLE: Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

• Yes

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 74 49.7%
  • Yes, but only if point cost is no more than the studios at BWV (depending on view)

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • Yes, but only for a few nights as part of a split stay or for a short trip

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
Note the difference in amenities.

TS have one pull down queen bed and no wet bar. (Looks like only water would be from the sink in the bathroom). Assume Tower Studios have a "hard" occupancy of 2 adults plus an infant.

DS have queen bed plus pull down queen bed and a pull down single bed. Full kitchenette. Sleeps 5 adults

Tower Studios
Amenities
  • Microwave
  • Paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils
  • Coffee Maker
  • Bathroom with a walk in shower
  • Built in desk
  • Wireless Internet Access
  • Flat panel TV
  • Private Porch or Balcony
  • Small Refrigerator
  • Iron & Ironing Board

Deluxe Studios
Amenities
  • Wet bar
  • Split bathroom with a shower/tub combination on one side and a walk in shower on the other
  • Microwave
  • Paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils
  • Hairdryer
  • Wireless Internet Access
  • Kitchenette
  • Private Porch or Balcony
  • Coffee Maker
  • Iron & Ironing Board
  • Flat panel TV
  • Small Refrigerator

I was initially intrigued by the "Tower Studio" at Riviera when it was announced. I was envisioning a special studio with a king bed and luxury amenities, albeit on the small side. My wife, on the other hand, imagined it to be the place where Rapunzel was imprisoned.

Now that I've seen the Murphy bed is the only sleeping surface, you can't use the sofa when the bed is down, the balcony is so small that the furniture barely fits, and the kitchenette facilities are "hidden" in a wall unit, It's a hard pass for us no matter the point requirements.

No way, I did not buy DVC to be squeezed into a sub standard room. I would more likely stay at a non-DVC location than stay in one of these units.

I have no desire at all to stay at Riviera. It's not close to anything other than by the Skyliner. And I'm not sure on that one.

Maybe for a night or two if the restaurant is excellent. Pool looks nice. Mixed feelings about the Skyliner, especially in the summer.

My other vote is: only if the point cost is substantially less than a standard at BWV. As a BWV owner why would I pay similar points for a smaller room that is farther away?
As a BWV owner, I struggle with the same question. But I would be truly shocked to see a point chart LESS than the BWV.

I'll probably check out the roof top restaurant, through. Hoping it's at least as good as the CG.

I probably would not, but I don't usually book "value" rooms anywhere. DVC has already demonstrated that they can create a category of low cost but under-sized, bad view rooms and members will heartily compete for the right to book them. I suspect many members will find the trade off (cost vs size) quite worth it.

I usually travel solo and don’t use my room for more than taking a shower and sleeping. So I would definitely be interested in staying in one of these rooms if the points per night are not outrageous.

For a night or two just to check out Riveria, and if the points were low, sure. We would likely schedule those as our full park days, or mostly park and pool/rooftop restaurant days, and then move over to 1 bedroom at BCV or something for the rest of our trip to stretch out. I never use the kitchenette anyway, and I have heard that the pull down Murphy queen beds are very comfortable. I would not stay longer than two nights I don't think, I am also not interested in purchasing Riviera, but I will use my current points if something is available there just to check it out.

Would I stay? NO!!
My guess is Disney is using these as entry level points for singles or couples who don't have the funds to purchase a large pool of points. Obviously that is only a guess since we have not seen the points chart yet.

As a BWV owner, I struggle with the same question. But I would be truly shocked to see a point chart LESS than the BWV.

I'll probably check out the roof top restaurant, through. Hoping it's at least as good as the CG.
I agree. If they are similar to BWV points they may be appealing to couples who own somewhere point heavy like GFV or Poly to save some points and be near crescent lake. But they will likely never be an appealing option for BWV owners.

Given their rack rate is comparable to a standard view studio at GF. I'm guessing that points will be something similar to that.

Based on early rack rates numbers only, this looks like it's going to be a very expensive resort.

We don’t sleep on sofa beds anymore. We make our young, healthy sons with good backs sleep on the sofa beds :). No part of me wants to share a pull down, queen size sofa bed, even for a short trip.

If dvc had made the tower studios with a real, king sized bed, then maybe. We are at the point now where luxury and location are important factors for us. These studios don’t seem to fit either of those criteria for us.

I voted yes but the caveats would be the point requirements and we would have to be travelling without our daughter (obviously but that does limit our usage of the Tower Studio).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter