STUDIO PEOPLE: Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

Assuming Availability, would you really want / book a Tower Studio?

• Yes

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 74 49.7%
  • Yes, but only if point cost is no more than the studios at BWV (depending on view)

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • Yes, but only for a few nights as part of a split stay or for a short trip

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I fully expected these rooms to have a King bed. With just a queen size murphy bed..it is unlikely we will stay here unless the point were ridiculously low.

For a night or two just to check out Riveria, and if the points were low, sure. We would likely schedule those as our full park days, or mostly park and pool/rooftop restaurant days, and then move over to 1 bedroom at BCV or something for the rest of our trip to stretch out. I never use the kitchenette anyway, and I have heard that the pull down Murphy queen beds are very comfortable. I would not stay longer than two nights I don't think, I am also not interested in purchasing Riviera, but I will use my current points if something is available there just to check it out.
Is it a correct assumption that they used the pull down queen beds to attempt to best utilize the smaller square footage of the studio? :confused3

Probably not. Really need a few more details to say a definite yes or no.

Points would have to be low low low, views good and a guaranteed high floor and be a solo trip.

It would have been more of a consideration with a king bed that wasn't also the couch. And a couple of chairs. But if points are similar to other studios elsewhere? Or if studios at Riviera are equivalent with other DVC studios then no.

Just to add that those Murphy beds are very comfortable, at least to me they are. I have slept in the ones at Art of Animation many times. They are a regular mattress, nothing like a pull out sofa experience.

I would consider it if it fit my plans and points were reasonable but that is unlikely to happen.

I do not like the idea of a gondola as transportation, especially in summer without air conditioning. Sometimes the friendship boats are stifling.

Maybe I would stay in a tower studio once with DH if we had a car. We enjoy cruising, and on DCL that means we share a queen bed on those vacations. So, if the Murphy bed has a real queen mattress, that could work, and cabins on ships are small.

When we know more, can see the pool and the accommodations maybe I will want to stay at Riviera, but right now, I do not expect to like it. AKV has the animals to look at, the other resorts that I like have water features like lakes, OKW has ponds with fountains. I even prefer the Congress Park pool because you view DS across the water. I expect to be happier about Reflections when that comes on board.

Just because I have stayed at every DVC resort so far, I will probably stay there once. My first choice of accommodations there would not be a Tower Studio.

Voted other - it's a giant 'it depends.' If the resort in general looks interesting, and the tower points are low enough (I do not think they will be - to me 'low enough' </= 10), I may book a night or two when it's just me and DH. Otherwise, we may try out a regular studio, just for the heck of it.

Just to add that those Murphy beds are very comfortable, at least to me they are. I have slept in the ones at Art of Animation many times. They are a regular mattress, nothing like a pull out sofa experience.

I would consider it if it fit my plans and points were reasonable but that is unlikely to happen.
Will be eager to hear about the comfort of the Murphy beds!::yes::

Another "Other" vote, and like Henwen88 above says, we might book a night or two just for the heck of it, to cross another resort off the list. I would be shocked if the point costs are significantly low--Disney doesn't do low or less expensive when they build new things. However, just to satisfy a curiosity, we may give it a shot at some point in the future (before a cruise, perhaps, as bobbiwoz mentioned). As for buying, that would be a definitive "no." Too expensive to start, and the penalty of not allowing a resale buyer of your contract should the worst happen and you have to sell is a big, red flag. Besides, the thematic elements actually relating to Disney seem minimal though, to be fair, no one has actually seen the joint yet.

I voted other because while we're almost strictly studio users even for 2 people the points would have to be extra low - much lower than BWV even. If the SF is really only 225 ft I can't see paying more points than I would for a value studio at AKV or a std studio at BLT or SSR. Just from a SF and amenities perspective it's not worth it even for me. Might talk me into it for 1 night at the beginning of a trip for the first night just to check out the resort but I can't see staying for more than that.

Location is worth a lot to us. Is it the only DVC EPCOT Resort room available-heck yea.

If Skyliner works as expected I can guarantee the 2 of us would pick a Tower Studio at Riviera over any rooms (not just studios) at OKW/AKV/SSR and maybe even VWL. It's also an area we far prefer over the monorail resorts as well.

Without the points needed its impossible to answer for us. I mean is 2 points more for a std studio?

But we travel in many different sized groups.

One example was just last week at BCV. 2 couples with littles ones shared a 2BR and G&G stayed in a studio. That could easily be a Tower.

Or if it's just the 2 of us, I would give it a try.

We are studio people (just me and my husband), even though I wish we could be 1-bedroom people (points poor). Owning at BWV though, we're just not interested in these at all. And if there's only 24 of them as mentioned above, they most likely won't be available at 7 months anyway.

I probably would provided the points required would be less than BWV (where I own). Or if I was on a solo trip and the BWV studios were unavailable. I prefer location over amenities or size, so having a room relatively close to Epcot and HS would be nice since I'm usually at the parks or DS most of the day. The resort itself has little appeal to me in terms of theme or amenities (pool, restaurants, etc).
Of course I might change my tune once I see how quick/efficient the Skyliner is.

I am one who stays in studios only as it’s just my DH and I traveling. Still, that Tower studio is just too small. I want to feel like I’m in a some what of a deluxe accommodation and the Tower studios don’t fit that classification. JMHO.

Last edited:
The tower studio doesn’t look much smaller than the BLT studios. Plus the lay out might be better than the BLT studios. If the Murphy bed is comfortable and points were low enough I would stay in the tower studios.

The tower studio doesn’t look much smaller than the BLT studios. Plus the lay out might be better than the BLT studios. If the Murphy bed is comfortable and points were low enough I would stay in the tower studios.
People running measuring software say the tower Studios measure out around 250 sq ft to BLT’s 339.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter