Studios BWV vs OKW. Please post experiences

DVC Bunny

Earning My Ears
DH and I stayed at a studio for the first time in January at BWV. Our only other experience with a DVC property was at OKW in a one bedroom. We found the studios at BWV a little on the noisy side. As a matter of fact we actually had our room changed because the family next to us in the lockoff room had two young daughters who were screaming their ABCs at 11:00 and the dad screaming at them to shut up. I know that's not a normal occurance, but even the room the we were changed into was a little noisy. Is it because of the lockoff doors don't insulate sound as well as a full wall? How has your experience been in terms of noise of BWV vs OKW in a studio? Thanks for your input!!

-Deborah
'99 OKW
'00 OKW
'01 BWV & Poly, BWV

[This message was edited by DVC Bunny on 02-02-01 at 11:44 AM.]

I think it's the lock-off door at both OKW and BWV that could be the problem. Any loud noise will come through the door. You probably didn't notice it when you are in the 1-bedroom since it is only the area right by the door that carries the noise but in the studio you hear loud neighbors even at OKW. Most times it isn't a problem except in cases like you mention where voices are above normal level. BWV does have some dedicated studios that would eliminate the problem.

we have stayed in a studio in both places - I also think BW is louder - the doors are not quite all the way to the floor - like oKW -
that maybe because of the sticking problem that some villa have at OKW & VB. When we have this problem I turn on the TV more noise I know but I can sleep with the TV on, I can't sleep with the kids in the next room partying. One time it happened in a 1-bedroom at OKW - too many people (I think 6) were in the studio next to us - very loud.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the quick response!!!

-Deborah
'99 OKW
'00 OKW
'01 BWV & Poly, BWV

I have only stayed in a studio at BW but have friends who have stayed in both. They prefer BW because of the sofa bed, I understand OKW has the two beds in the studio. I really must have lucked out, I have never had a problem with noise at the BW. I know - never say never. Good Luck.

Next time you want a studio at BW ask for the "studio plus". These are dedicated studios and that should help cut down on the noise.

We tried a second floor OKW studio. It was great & quiet. Maybe we just had quiet neighbors. OKW studios have two queen beds, BW studios have one bed a a sleep sofa. This could be an issue. I am neve comfortable using a sleep sofa. They are OK for kids. I always feel like I am sleeping on a metal rack. I must admit, however, I have never tried BW sleep sofas.

we have stayed in both an OKW studio and a BWV studio. Both times they were attached to a 1br and both times we could hear the people next door.

When we stayed at BWV for our first trip after buying into DVC we had very noisy neighbors. Like someone else posted, the kids were being somewhat loud and the parents would start SCREAMING at the kids "BE QUIET, THERE ARE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR! YOU'RE DISTURBING THEM" or something to that effect over and over and over. I wanted to knock on the door and say I didn't mind the kids but could the parents PLEASE shut up. Since this was our first stay our guide called us and asked us how things were going and we said our neighbors were loud and obnoxious and she said that we shouldn't be able to hear them that clearly. That day someone came up to look at the weather stripping on the door between units but since that family moved out I couldn't tell you if it was any quieter because of that or because they were gone.

When we stayed at OKW it was a family of early risers who were hitting the parks first thing. We are not early risers and didn't really appreciate listening to them get ready in the morning, with the tv blasting and yelling from one room to another. It also sounded like we were in practically the same unit (which i guess we were since it was a lockoff).

What i'm trying to say in my longwinded way is that I have experienced equally annoying noise in lockoff units in both OKW and BWV. It's interesting that someone cited space under the doors as being part of the problem. Maybe I will put a rolled up towel there on our next trip if the neighbors are loud and see if that cuts down the noise.

Lisa

"You employ stone, wood, and concrete, and with these materials you build house and palaces. That is construction. Ingenuity is at work. But suddenly, you touch my heart, you do me good. I am happy and I say 'This is beautiful.' That is architecture. Art enters in."
-Le Corbusier

Last November we were in a lock-off studio overlooking the Boardwalk. We could hear the people in the room next door a bit - they weren't being overly loud. The noise from the Boardwalk was what was loud.

Dixie Landings '94, '96
Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club '98
Off site (never again) '99
BWV '00
HHI '01

Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter