Studios disappeared fast !

DougEMG

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Today I was online at the 7 month mark to book a studio for Jan 12-16 right at 8am. Pretty much everything was available expect for POLY and OKW. Ended up booking BLT standard view, so pretty happy with that. Out of curiosity I then checked for the same booking again at 8:06, Jan 12-16 for a studio, and the only thing available then was SSR. Totally surprised me just how fast all the other resorts became unavailable.

WDW marathon 2020 weekend is Jan 8-12 so most likely all the studios don’t have a check out date until at least the 13th and even then a lot of people stick around for a couple days longer after race weekend. I think it’s more a factor of things being booked through the date you’re trying to check in and not as much people “grabbing” things right at the 8 am even though I’m sure it’s a handful doing that too.

WDW marathon 2020 weekend is Jan 8-12 so most likely all the studios don’t have a check out date until at least the 13th and even then a lot of people stick around for a couple days longer after race weekend. I think it’s more a factor of things being booked through the date you’re trying to check in and not as much people “grabbing” things right at the 8 am even though I’m sure it’s a handful doing that too.

Okay, that makes sense. Didn't realize that the marathon was that weekend.

Was on the 11th and no studios at all for the 11th.
So instead of 2 studios, BFF and I booked a 1 bedroom with her doing the first 3 nights and me the other 4.
She couldn't get hospitality house, so I didn't either. Planning to try to stay in the same villa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!