Stupid Eclispe Question

Me too! I don't even like going outside on a regular day without sunglasses. DW bought some eclipse glasses but I don't know that I even need to look up for more than a quick glance to satiate my already small appetite for this event.

Absolutely! If you want to find a stupid topic NFLDERS & I can direct you to one.:earboy2:

From the local weather reports it seems that our showers will continue into the afternoon. Figures.

It's generally not a great idea to stare at the sun. As was stated, a normal reaction is to look away. If it's a full sun the pupils will close quickly. It would be like stepping out of movie theater into a sunny day outdoors. I was under the impression that your eyes tolerate looking at a partial eclipse longer than a full sun. There's of course going to be more light if there's a normal sun. I don't think it's exactly the same, but for the most part people don't stare into the sun.

And right now where I am I can't really see anything because it's overcast. I can access NASA TV's feed, and right now they're showing the feed from Madras, Oregon with their staff in Salem, Oregon.

Me too! I don't even like going outside on a regular day without sunglasses. DW bought some eclipse glasses but I don't know that I even need to look up for more than a quick glance to satiate my already small appetite for this event.

Absolutely! If you want to find a stupid topic NFLDERS & I can direct you to one.:earboy2:

What'd you have in mind!?

So our local library had some free glasses, but they only had about 150 pairs, and there was a line of people waiting for them. Probably 500 people plus. Oops.

I'm seeing nothing with all the clouds in my area. I can't even spot where the sun is. It' just one big diffused white light.

I've warned people over and over not to do this without a filter on cameras/phones or they could fry their sensors. My feed is full of cell phone pics of the eclipse anyway. I expect my feed to soon be filled with, "Something's wrong with my phone! The camera won't work!"

I used my old phone with a cracked screen. Problem was I was trying to do it selfie mode so I could take it with my back to the sun but in that mode you can't set any exposure modes that would help with the brightness. It has pro settings but not for a selfie.

Our local news reported that anyone whom wore a ___brand eclipse glasses need to book an Opthamologist appointment asap. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter