Stupid Ways you have wasted money?

That's a huge pet peeve of mine too. I'm vegetarian, don't eat eggs, and both my son and I can't drink milk. DH and DD eat and drink all of that stuff though, and always ask me to buy things like lunchmeat, eggs, and milk, then never eat/drink it, and it spoils. It drives me crazy, because I am a frugal shopper and detest throwing money away like that, especially when I put time into making sure I clipped coupons and got the best deal for it.

I do the same for my sons when they are home. My husband and I are plant based eaters but ask our boys what they want for groceries. They give us a list then don’t come home or eat out. It makes me sick to waste food especially when an animal has given its life to only to end up in the trash.

That’s my food waste life story in a nutshell
It is really too funny. Does anybody, anywhere actually eat spring-mix?? It's by far not the only produce I bring home only to throw away but I honestly can't remember every not just throwing away spring-mix after it goes slimy. Maybe they should just have a trash-can right there at the check-out counter...:upsidedow

So many things. I lost a ton of money on an ex husband. Took me almost 2 years to pay off all the debt. Single forever now. I agree with the food waste. We are not leftover eaters so It all goes in the trash night before trash day. Also CC debt. Have bought a lot of stuff that I think I needed. I do not make a lot so paying off $3000 is a big deal. But hopefully debt free in Jan for good.

It is really too funny. Does anybody, anywhere actually eat spring-mix?? It's by far not the only produce I bring home only to throw away but I honestly can't remember every not just throwing away spring-mix after it goes slimy. Maybe they should just have a trash-can right there at the check-out counter...:upsidedow

We actually eat spring mix! I have figured out a foolproof way to keep It fresh for 10 days. It has to stay COMPLETELY DRY. I dump it out of its bag or container, then put it in a new plastic container lined with paper towels on the bottom AND on top. I don't use a lid. Works like a charm. If I come across any slimy leaves, I just pull them out. It takes some work, sure, but my husband takes wraps to work for lunch and spring mix is the best to use in wraps because it doesn't wilt easily.

I brew my own beer.

I don't really want to think about what that has cost me.....

Probably far less than I spend on wine. We visit our daughter at college in Oregon a few times a year. We usually come back with 5 or 6 cases of wine. At $30-$40 a bottle is does add up.

We actually eat spring mix! I have figured out a foolproof way to keep It fresh for 10 days. It has to stay COMPLETELY DRY. I dump it out of its bag or container, then put it in a new plastic container lined with paper towels on the bottom AND on top. I don't use a lid. Works like a charm. If I come across any slimy leaves, I just pull them out. It takes some work, sure, but my husband takes wraps to work for lunch and spring mix is the best to use in wraps because it doesn't wilt easily.
I totally believe this would work and I'd try it if I even actually liked spring-mix. I much prefer heartier, crunchier lettuces. My buying it is just crazy...:crazy: Why do I feel like I have to buy it??

Waste money all the time. Drives me nuts. Latest was...we just cancelled Dec 19-24 Disney trip because DH wants to go to our family (5 hours away from us or 14 from Disney) for Xmas because both our moms had severe medical issues recently and we don't know how many more holidays we have. Last week I bought, and used for just 1 day, a Platinum AP for me and renewed DH's AP to a Platinum AP. Only need Gold. Called last night and they were kind enough to refund DH's renewal since it doesn't start until Nov 1. But I used my Plat AP so I am stuck with it. What's that, about, $150 mistake there.

Then, we booked cruise for January and DS-21 can't go. So we cancelled him last night. They told us on the phone that we'd not pay a penalty...but I think maybe there was language barrier confusion because we should get @ $500 refunded for DS and there was no refund on our CC yet. I also asked if we'd lose the $150 OBC and he said no, but then the dining package I bought with it sent me an e-mail saying we now owed the $150 as our OBC was removed....uggghhh. He made us move cabins since our 3 kids were all in a 3 pax cabin and with DS cancelling he wouldn't let them stay put plus DDs are 19 and not allowed to be in cabin unless it's next door to ours...so we moved down a couple categories as there were slim picking on 2 side by side cabins available for Jan 3. I feel like moving cabins screwed us and we may lose $$$ on this. We called twice to clarify what we'd lose and 1st time they said just $100 and we could switch my name and one of DDs names so one adult in each cabin (said we could keep cabin and OBC). Then when I called back to actually cancel...that guy said no $100 penalty since we were before final payment (but I don't think we were and I paid in full weeks ago) but we'd need to move cabins but would keep OBC.

So TODAY I sit here and stress and watch CC to see if any refunds (still not showing one for DH's gold AP renewal and his renewal isn't on our MDE account either but the Platinum AP renewal is gone). I should get about $125 for the AP refund and $500 for the cruise (and we cancelled 3 drink packages for the cruise so that should be refunded too).
I have no idea what you just said, but I do know it takes more then one night for a refund to show up on a cc.

I really only buy greens on sale to make sautéed greens with cause if I’m gonna eat greens, I want to be able to eat a substantial amount without dousing them in Vinaigrette to make them palatable enough to eat in quantity. If I want a salad I’ll eat one at work.

As for wastes of money, I’ve blown two motors in two different cars. And it wasn’t due to high performance mods. I’m a lot better with the car I have had for the past seven years.

I totally believe this would work and I'd try it if I even actually liked spring-mix. I much prefer heartier, crunchier lettuces. My buying it is just crazy...:crazy: Why do I feel like I have to buy it??

I mix it with kale and arugula so I have a good base for my salads. I eat huge salads everyday and I still always make the mistake of buying too many greens. I’ve accepted throwing a lot of it out however my husband always is giving me the side eye when I’m loading the grocery cart. I can’t stand it when he tags along to the grocery stores with me.

Yep. About once a month I make a "Big Salad" for dinner using spring mix as the base. Top with grilled chicken or beef strips, or tuna, and other veggies/hard boiled eggs, etc. And some expensive cheese, of course.

Unless the pre-bagged spring mix is on sale, I find it cheaper to buy it at the salad bar. Standard price is about $2.99 to $3.50 for a 5 oz. bag. ($9.57 to $11.20 per pound). The supermarket salad bar is $7.99 per pound. $2.50 per bag is the break even point. If the bag is cheaper than that on sale, I buy it.

I mix it with kale and arugula so I have a good base for my salads. I eat huge salads everyday and I still always make the mistake of buying too many greens. I’ve accepted throwing a lot of it out however my husband always is giving me the side eye when I’m loading the grocery cart. I can’t stand it when he tags along to the grocery stores with me.
...which brings us to another stupid way to waste money. My DH (God bless him) is a really terrible grocery shopper. He goes alone and it can cost double what it should AND we don't eat a lot of it. I'm laughing out loud remembering the time he brought home $12 worth of persimmons. Seriously, persimmons? At least if we're together I have a shot at "helping" him pick reasonable things at reasonable prices. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter