Success FP refreshing for 10+ people?

MainMom

DIS Veteran
I’m going in June with a group of 12 who stick together. We previously went as a group of 11 4 years ago. It was my first trip with the new FP+ system. I don’t know if they had 4th and more FP’s back then, but I didn’t even try it.

What I’m wondering is if anyone traveled with a large group of 10+ and if you attempted refreshing. If so, what was your success like? Did you manage to get FP’s for right away or were they hours later? Did you split up your group when refreshing? Did you find the time spent refreshing worth it?

I’m going in June with a group of 12 who stick together. We previously went as a group of 11 4 years ago. It was my first trip with the new FP+ system. I don’t know if they had 4th and more FP’s back then, but I didn’t even try it.

What I’m wondering is if anyone traveled with a large group of 10+ and if you attempted refreshing. If so, what was your success like? Did you manage to get FP’s for right away or were they hours later? Did you split up your group when refreshing? Did you find the time spent refreshing worth it?

I haven't done that large of a group (largest was 7) but the same general ideas apply...you'll just need more patience and some more luck. Absolutely break the group up into groups of 3-4 and then try to find overlapping FP's. It will be tough to find a lot of FP's for top rides for right away. I think I would go into it figuring that if you could get an additional 2-3 FP's for everyone each day then you're 2-3 ahead of what you did last time. If people were willing to break up into smaller groups and you weren't needing to get 10+ all overlapping you would likely have more success in adding more FP's. There should be some of the lower tier attractions that you could get together fairly easy on though.

I would suggest planning to do the shows and activities (parade, etc) in the afternoon and refresh for rides to fill in between them as you can. That way you have a plan of what to do if you don't get something you want. You can always skip County Bears if you get JC, etc.

I would suggest planning to do the shows and activities (parade, etc) in the afternoon and refresh for rides to fill in between them as you can. That way you have a plan of what to do if you don't get something you want. You can always skip County Bears if you get JC, etc.

We usually do our FP’s in the morning/early afternoon after rope drop then take a mid day break. I do it this way because I’m never sure who is going to show up for evening plans. I figure when I’m on mid day break I can try to get a FP for whatever park we are hopping to in the evening and work from there with whoever shows up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter