Success getting FOP FP for first day of trip?

DentalDana2

Mouseketeer
I keep going over our TP for our 6 Park days and every way that I do it, it keeps making the most sense to go to AK on our first park day (morning after we transfer to SSR from Universal). How much success have you guys had snagging FOP FP at 60 day mark when it’s at the beginning vs end of your trip?

I was booking on a rolling 60-day for our trip, but for one of my AK days, I was able to get FoP for a party of 5 at 6:35PM. Right at 60 days, on at 7:00AM exactly.

I was able to get FoP for another day by watching park hours - they extended them a little more than a month out from our trip, and I was able to snag an early morning FoP for that day when they became available.

For our first AK day, I had been unable to get FoP in advance, but I did get it as a 4th FP+ for 3 of us, although it took almost half an hour of refreshing in the afternoon.

So, it is possible.

I keep going over our TP for our 6 Park days and every way that I do it, it keeps making the most sense to go to AK on our first park day (morning after we transfer to SSR from Universal). How much success have you guys had snagging FOP FP at 60 day mark when it’s at the beginning vs end of your trip?
Using my “rolling 60-day FP window” because I was linked to a friend with an onsite stay, I was able to book FoP for a group of 5 people for late in the day. I did this for four consecutive mornings within an hour of the window opening and each time was able to book 2 FoPs late in the afternoon and then Change Party and add 3 to the FP group for a total of 5 FPs at exactly 60 days out,

I was checking for the first week of May.

61 days was the earliest when I made our FP+ last week. We got hoppers this time because we weren't sure of how everything would fit and had a little wiggle room to work with.

I have had zero luck getting FP regardless of day. You need to be online at the moment the 60day mark hits to get one. I have apparently continually missed it. We are going in Nov right after thanksgiving for a week. We only go to parks on one day, usually the early day for resort guests at AK. I will get online as early as possible 60 days out. We were just there last week. We got into park early and still waited three hours. Normally we would never do that but the kids were desperate to get on. I have to say it was amazing!

I was on at 7am on my 60 day mark - couldn't get it for day 60, but got it for day 60+1 for 6 people for 5:10pm.

I’m hoping that since it’s an EMH day, I can rope drop with a less than 45min wait if all else fails

We are in the exact same boat. We are staying at AKL and have to go to AK on our first day.

Of course, I will absolutely go for it at the 60 day mark, but we are fully prepared that we may have to be lurking on the outskirts of Animal Kingdon with the huddled masses a good hour before the early opening

It's still a long wait, whether you're outside the park standing around, inside the park standing around, or in the que. Hopefully our first day good vibes will carry us through.

A wait at WDW beats a wait anywhere else on earth.

I was able to get it with no problem. I just got up and logged in around 6 and they were available. The only times still available though were 3pm and later.

Edut: Our party is a group of 5.

Why is it that waiting for the park to open for an hour and then in a queue for 45 min doesn’t sound bad, but waltzing into the park and then waiting 1:45 sounds like a fate worse than death? Lol

Because in the first scenario the hour you spend waiting is while the park isn’t open so there’s nothing else you could be doing (besides sleeping in). In the second scenario the entire wait time is spent during park time that could be better spent elsewhere. All waits are not created equal even if the time is.

I couldn’t initially get our first day FOP FP, but was able to get one for 60+4. However, at about 31 days out, I was able to switch our Na’vi for our first day to FOP (this was for a group of 4). Back in February we booked a last minute trip where we were within our 60 day window when we booked. Therefore we didn’t get a FOP FP. However, I was able to snag one day of for that trip. That was for a group of 2.

We got one (four people) for 5:30pm on our first park day, but I think it was either a fluke or only available because our first park day is Easter. I was not able to get one for our 5th day. Go figure.

I keep checking periodically on the off chance that I can change out Na’vi for FOP on day 5. No luck.

Book one at a time. I got FOP day of rather easily one at a time as people drop individual ones rather than group ones.

We were able to get FOP FPs for the evening of our first day, so give it a try!

tommorow is my 60 day mark if im up@ 6am coffee loaded on the app @7:00 whats my chances of landing a fp for fop?

We did this last week. Logged on right at 7am and got FOP at 6pm our first night!! It can be done! Good luck!!

From what I’ve heard, your chances are better now than they would’ve been a few months ago. Do it one of the last days of your resort reservation for a better chance and make sure you get FOP very first thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter