Sucking at Disney Decisions Today

DoulaMel

Disney Doula
Looking for a little collective wisdom since my group cannot decide. We have had kind of a dreadful January and this past weekend, we determined that we have one day in the coming week to spend at one park. Three of us were just at all four parks in October and one of us has not been there since a very young age and has very limited memories of WDW.

Decision 1
Friday or Saturday

Decision 2
AK or MK

The pros for Friday AK are that there are no EMH hours so we can rope drop with everyone else. The cons are that this day has shorter hours.

The cons for Saturday AK is that there are EMH hours. But - all together, the park hours are better this day and that's a pro.

The pros for Friday MK, are that we would have Saturday to recoup before traveling again on Sunday. The cons are that we like an 11pm closing over a 10pm because the crowds really do thin out as the evening progresses.

The pros for Saturday MK are the hours are 8am - 11pm with no EMH but with these hours, and a Saturday of a long weekend, the potential for bigger crowds might be pretty high. There's the con.

The problem is we think there is more to see and do at MK for our first-in-a-long-timer, but the crowds are heavier and the lines are longer, in general, and our last minute booking will limit our FP selection. We absolutely love FoP in AK and would ride it twice, but we were just there so do we want to do all of the other attractions again so soon.

I would try to get the one pack member that hasn't been in forever to really voice what they think they might want to do. I think their leaning would be my vote, it may hinge on how much they like animals and/or Avatar, or want the straight up Disney experience.

I have asked and asked - no opinion. She says happy with anything.

I think I'd go with Friday, MK then. It would give you a day of rest for one, but also since you were just there; AK is awesome, but even riding FoP twice (which I heartily agree with and try to do as well as Satu'li Canteen) kinda leaves a repetitious feeling, whereas I think MK offers so many rides and variety that it is easily repeatable... plus, it's the Magic Kingdom after all and if I hadn't been in forever that's where I'd want to go. lol

I would say Magic Kingdom on Friday easily. Even if you do the standby line how can you miss Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion or PoTC? I do not know the ages involved but sort of like Pirates more since the 10 year old asked me why they didn't follow the movie more closely when they built this ride. Sigh

Sorry to hear January was dreadful. :sad1:

Another vote for MK on Friday.
In regards to doing FOP twice at AK, the chances of getting FP+ for this ride at this late in the game are slim, so you would be spending a lot of time waiting in line if you want to do that twice.

You should still be able to get some FP+ for at least some of the rides at MK at this point. Perhaps not the big names, but you should be able to get some and that would save you some time.

Have a great trip!!!

MK is what I would choose due to 4th etc FP+.

And I know what you mean about Dreadful Jan. My Jan has been quite difficult due to weather. I live in Minnesota.

MK all the way! And yes, I'd go Friday if it's a possibility, though if you're smart with Fastpasses Saturday might be great if you're all the kind of people who can hang for the whole day.

Agree with previous poster who said the chances of getting two FoP fastpasses are pretty slim at this point, though I do think Friday should be less crazy than Saturday as in addition to not being a weekend, the bulk of your February break school crowd (hey that's me) will be arriving Sat/Sun.

Sorry to hear January was dreadful. :sad1:

Another vote for MK on Friday.
In regards to doing FOP twice at AK, the chances of getting FP+ for this ride at this late in the game are slim, so you would be spending a lot of time waiting in line if you want to do that twice.

You should still be able to get some FP+ for at least some of the rides at MK at this point. Perhaps not the big names, but you should be able to get some and that would save you some time.

Have a great trip!!!

We have done it twice in one day without fast passes or crazy wait times. We go for rope drop and end of day.

I think we are headed to MK, thanks for all the votes. It really did help... except the Epcot person - but that made me laugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!