• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sue do you need pics of wc car for toy story?

scottsod

Mouseketeer
if you do i have some shots of my son being loaded on the ride

also does anyone else think that the prossess they use is not that good we noticed if the only car that can take the wc in it comes in and the person in front of u waiting can transfer they put them in the wc car anyway and not in the regular car?? i have more detials on this we talked to several mangers but i dont want to beat it to death if its been talked about before

We were at WDW for 10 days in October and rode it several times. I do have some pictures (OK, I took a lot on our recent trip), but the color is sort of bleached out and orange-y on my pictures. I do have some of the whole process and some from mrsksomeday that show the ride.
If you don't mind sharing yours though, that would be nice. The more the better and when I make up some picture montages like I did for the Epcot FAQs thread, the more pictures I have to choose from, the better.

The thing I noticed was that the wheelchair car is kept in use with a seat in it so they can seat people who are not using wheelchair. It takes several minutes for them to transition the wheelchair car to be used for a person who is staying in their wheelchair and then time to transistion it back. We saw them transition it for the person 2 parties ahead of us using a wheelchair, then put it back for someone to ride sitting in the seat. Then, when we were ready to ride, they had to change it back again for DD to ride in her wheelchair.
I think there are still a lot of kinks to work out in the whole process.

We - me, my sister and my mum (in a wheelchair) - rode the ride twice while there in September, and had problems both times. The first time put off us completely, and it was only thanks to a special fastpass that we went on a second time.

The first time we went in the regular queue, which was a 40-minute wait. We got around with everyone else fine, until we got split to go up the wheelchair loading bay, where by we joined a queue of 4 or 5 other parties. That was okay, but we then stood and watched as the people who were behind us in the original queue, get up the stairs, over the bridge, on the ride and out before we even moved anywhere. It was another 40-minutes before we got on that ride from the wheelchair loading bay.

The wheelchair car was taking forever to come around - I think they only had one in operation. Not sure if there is just one car, or that a second was not working, but it took a long time to get everyone loaded and around. That put us off going on again because if we were going to have to wait twice as long as the stated time (which after that ride never got below 65mins), then it wasn't worth wasting part of our day.

Like you said Sue, we also found that it was a long time between pulling the car off the main track and putting it back on the track. Several cars were going by before our car was put back 'into action'. It is certainly something they could improve on. Once we were on, it was fine, and getting off too.

The second time we used a fastpass, so went straight around to the loading bay. It was still a good 15mins before we were loaded, but at least this time around they checked if we were able to transfer, and when we said yes, they pulled a standard car into the loading bay. However, we didn't end up back there, at which I was totally livid.

As we realized we were going to the normal loading bay, my sister and I were waving frantically at the guys on the controls going 'wait, we're supposed to be over there!' But we ended up in the main loading bay and were expected to unload quickly. My sister and I had to leap out of our side of the car and run over to the wheelchair, which had been left at the furthest possible point away from our car, and bring it back over.

We left mum in her car until we brought the chair over because she can't move easily (swollen ankles and knees make getting up and moving very difficult) and generally needs a hand. By this time though, those in the regular queues we virtually jumping on her to get into the car, and the CM was very rude insisting that she could take just a couple of steps to get out so they could load.

That's what we liked about the whole Toy Story set up - that as a disabled guest your loading/unloading was separate from the normal running of the ride and you could take as much time as you needed getting in and out without disrupting everyone else. Only the time we weren't sent to that loading bay, it caused all kinds of problems.

For anyone offered a standard car because they can transfer, might be wise to insist that they are returned to the disabled loading bay in order to disembark at their own pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter