Suggest some kid friendly attractions/resorts in SoCal.

FireflyTrance

DIS Veteran
Hello all. I am life long Northern California resident, and my family always takes a trip to Disneyland each year. We planned a trip for February for my daughter's birthday, and I think we will still go whether or not Disneyland is reopened by then. Can anyone suggest some attractions that are currently open that would be fun for a 2 year old and 7 year old? We plan to go to Downtown Disney for a day, the Hello Kitty Cafe, and possibly the San Diego Zoo. What else would you suggest? I am thinking it might be too cold for beaches in February. Also please suggest kid friendly resorts. We are thinking we will either stay in Anaheim area or San Diego area, but I am really open to anything. Thanks!

Maybe a good spot to look into is the Legoland Hotel in Carlsbad which is currently open. Has theming for children. It’s close to Interstate 5, to go south to the SD Zoo and north to the Disneyland area and Hello Kitty Cafe.

Look through this thread for some ideas, then check to see if those places will be open: DAY SIX Podcasts of Things to Do Around Disneyland
Also, Knott's has been running a series of successful food festivals with different themes. Right now the Halloween festival (Knott's Falloween) is sold out and getting very good reviews. There may be another festival in February so keep watching the Knott's website.

Can anyone suggest some attractions that are currently open that would be fun for a 2 year old and 7 year old?
Things can change drastically between now and then regarding what will be open. Right now, most indoor museums at Balboa park are listed as closed through the end of this year. Maybe they will be open in Feb.

As of now, the San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park are open and you can purchase some tours that will be limited to your family only. If they can open up more by Feb, they may get rid of those tours. Legoland park is closed, but I believe their little aquarium is open. The Birch Aquarium in La Jolla has limited opened days. Sea World has some events and the events include some of the shows.

Lots of boat rentals open if you want to go out on Mission Bay or San Diego Bay. At least outdoors is always open. You can see wild seals and seal lions in La Jolla and visit the tidepools. It's easy to sit here and think everything will be more open by the time you visit, but the reality is that there will be a lot of family gatherings for the holidays at the end of the year and New Years Eve could create a super spreader event. So, I seriously doubt we'd be in a yellow tier in Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!