Suggestion for semi-fast food on the way from MCO to AK

dmanwi

Mouseketeer
Our flight arrives at MCO at 9:45am and we decided to head straight to AK and spend the day there. I'm not convinced its worth the money for a partial day but were are only there for a few days.

Does anyone have a suggestion for grabbing a quick lunch on the way from MCO to AK? Something just off the highway and something that is relatively quick service? Maybe sandwiches, wraps, or burgers? Possibly something just after leaving the airport as we will probably be starving at that time of the morning.

Our flight arrives at MCO at 9:45am and we decided to head straight to AK and spend the day there. I'm not convinced its worth the money for a partial day but were are only there for a few days.

Does anyone have a suggestion for grabbing a quick lunch on the way from MCO to AK? Something just off the highway and something that is relatively quick service? Maybe sandwiches, wraps, or burgers? Possibly something just after leaving the airport as we will probably be starving at that time of the morning.

It kind of depends on what route you take and whether you want to eat in or get drive-through. Are you looking for breakfast or lunch or a combination of both? Something like Perkins or Denny's might be ok.

You could also consider grabbing a bite IN the airport before you leave.

I think I would opt to find food in the airport. There are plenty of possibilities on both sides of security, especially if you are open to quick service style food. There are a couple of sub shops that would make for a good lunch option. Check out the MCO website for the list. I would think that eating in the airport would be the fastest option, not having to find your way off and on the highway.

I would recommend eating INSIDE the airport, it would be the most time efficient option as most of the fast-food type restaurant chains pretty much all have a location inside the airport, I would recommend the food court inside the main terminal building as it is the largest food court and also centrally located in the middle of the airport and close to ground transportation. See this link for the airport's dining offerings page:

https://www.orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/shops-restaurants/

And miss the chance at a Wawa sub? Y'all are crazy.

:lmao:

Haha that place is pretty addicting I must say. We stayed an an off-site timeshare this past month for a week and there was a Wawa on the corner and we stopped there 4 times during that week to have their hoagies. $5 for a 10 inch hoagie made freshed to order is a bargain and it also tastes a lot better than those other sub shops.

Last edited:
How about Steak and Shake? My kids all love that place and we go at least once per trip. There are several in the area

I have never been to a Wawa. I will check it out. We do like Steak and Shake. Thank you for all of the suggestions. This helps.

Grab a sandwich from Publix. You can place your order through the app and pick it up on your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!