• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions For A Place To Stay With 5 Children & 6 Adults

honeybees

Earning My Ears
I AM PLANNING A TRIP FOR A FAMILY OF 11 AND WE WANT TO STAY ON-SITE PERHAPS IN THE EPCOT AREA OR AT THE WILDERNESS LODGE AREA. HELP!!!! WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO STAY WITH THIS MANY PEOPLE. CHILDREN AGES ARE 13, 11, 6, 4, 2......ADULTS ONE SET OF GRANDPARENTS, TWO 40 SOMETHING SISTERS, TWO THIRTY SOMETHING PARENTS:( :(

You might try the villas at OKW, BWV,or WLV. You may also be able to book at BCV depending on whne the trip is. There are studios that sleep 4 with small refrigerators and a microwave, 1 bedrooms that sleep 4 with full kitchen and laundry facilities and 2 bedrooms that sleep 8 and also have a full kitchen and laundry facilities. OKW also has Grand Villas that sleep 12 and I believe that BWV has some Grand Villas but I'm not positive (don't have my member guide book handy). You can try the DVC rent trade boards. There are always members listing points for rent. They are usually $10 dollars a point but can occassionally be found for less.

Lori

I meant to add to the earlier post....

I am a new DVC member and taking my first trip on points this June. There will be 10 of us, was originally going to be 12 but 2 can't make it. We are staying in a 2 bedroom and a studio. That way we are close together, have use of the kitchen and laundry facilities, but can still get some privacy too. Hope this helps.

Lori

Depends on several things....

Do you want seperate rooms?

What are the individual family sizes?

What kind of budget are we talking about?

We have traveled with a group of 12 family members and we usually do three seperate rooms with 4 in each room. One of the families is too large for one room, so we each take an extra kid in our rooms to even out the room capacity. Then you can pick any resort that suits your budget.

Another option is one of the Disney Vacation Club resorts (Boardwalk and Old Key West have 3 BR units which sleep 12). The BW ones are hard to come by but you might have luck getting one at OKW. You could also do a 2 BR and a studio - might be cheaper this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter