Suggestions for MiraCosta in May? Am I too late (their system is down at the moment)?

Goofy4

DIS Veteran
Hi Dissers. Been a while. I'm back :) And unbelievably, I'm looking at a 5 night stay in Tokyo.

Can you tell me about MiraCosta? Since their system is down I don't even know if it is an option to stay there in early May.

I looked at the Hilton and their prices were much higher on the weekend. Does that hold for Disney?

Is Golden Week just a silly time to consider going to the parks?

I don't know about the hotels, but everything I have researched has said that Golden Week is insane. You shouldn't plan to get on many rides - there will be horrible crowds. I'm not going this year, but we are making plans specifically to be out of Japan before Golden Week.

Looks like everything but Celebration was sold out for a 5 day stretch. Their system was having issues, so it was really frustrating to look around.

I looked at my receipt and discovered that Friday and Saturday are nearly 3 times as much as Monday and Tuesday. Crazy! I probably don't want to know what the MiraCosta weekend price is. I'm mostly just happy to have a room at this point.

@kbmartin, I'll be thinking about a plan for visiting the parks. I'll have my adult daughter with me, so we don't have to be ride-focused. Thanks for the heads-up!

Looks like everything but Celebration was sold out for a 5 day stretch. Their system was having issues, so it was really frustrating to look around.

I looked at my receipt and discovered that Friday and Saturday are nearly 3 times as much as Monday and Tuesday. Crazy! I probably don't want to know what the MiraCosta weekend price is. I'm mostly just happy to have a room at this point.

@kbmartin, I'll be thinking about a plan for visiting the parks. I'll have my adult daughter with me, so we don't have to be ride-focused. Thanks for the heads-up!

Trying to get MiraCosta for a weekend day seems next to impossible. I stalked the booking site for weeks prior to my booking window. I ended up booking a package because one of our days is Saturday, in hopes that I could cancel the package when the "hotel only" bookings opened. There was absolutely nothing available other than suites when that date opened. I am so glad I took a chance on the package. It is insanely expensive, but heck, we'll probably never get to go again.

If you can go at any other time, reschedule. I know you said you're not concerned about getting on a lot of rides, but on Friday and Saturday of Golden Week, the crowds are going to be near or at capacity & it will not be a pleasant experience overall. You won't be able to enjoy the parks as much as you normally would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!