Suggestions for my adult family trip!

Gerweniel

Mouseketeer
I'm so excited! My Disney dream will be coming true in September 2020! My sons and I were fortunate to have many wonderful trips when they were younger. They love the parks as much as I do. We haven't had a family trip in many years as they have been to college, graduated and now working and we are all geographically separated.
Well, I took a solo trip last month and got a bounce back for myself. When I returned home, just for the heck of it, I looked into doing a split stay and renting DVC points. My thought was to maybe have one son and his girlfriend stay with me the first half and the other stay the 2nd half.
To my delight, after speaking with my boys and their girlfriends my older is renting his own points and my younger and his girlfriend will be staying with me in the DVC!!!!

I am beyond thrilled and it is a trip worthy of special treatment. I am certain my sons and their GFs would not be into wearing matching shirts, and my idea of getting personalized Mickey/Minnie ears was shot down.

So my creative, crafty Disboarders - any suggestions for attire, gifts, SOMETHING that is not too blatant that I could make/buy to give us a group feel? I'd love to have something for Christmas for them to get them excited during the wait and to bring to the parks.
Thanks for your help!

My family also refuse matching shirts or ears. Maybe buy everyone a special magic band or spirit jersey in the character they like? If they are anything like my family, just going is enough. Mine aren’t real big into “stuff” and they groan at the thought of all the cheesy stuff ( I love the cheesy stuff. If it were my choice we would wear matching shirts and ears every day lol) hope you have a magical vacation with your boys 😀

I thought my older kids ds 24,24,22 and gf23 would not do matching shirts they would not when they were younger. I was surprised when they did. I had the help of my sons girlfriend and we picked out a design that was not too crazy. Like they have ones that just say Disney 2020 etc. It doesnt have to be the ones that say funny things or have your name on it.
Ours for next year are star wars themed.

Last edited:
I thought my older kids ds 24,24,22 and gf23 would not do matching shirts they would not when they were younger. I was surprised when they did. I had the help of my sons girlfriend and we picked out a design that was not too crazy. Like they have ones that just say Disney 2020 etc. It doesnt have to be the ones that say funny things or have your name on it.
Ours for next year are star wars themed.
We did the Star Wars theme one year. My brother got them for everyone ( it is the one time my family complied) but the shirts were all different. I had one with a storm trooper and darth Vader on a roller coaster so it was very fitting for WDW. It made for cute pictures too ( my family also groans at group picture time)

What if you didn't get matching shirts, but coordinated shirts? Some sort of theme that makes sense when you are together but not too crazy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts