MinnieMommyof2

Mouseketeer
Hello Disney Pals!

I am struggling with which ADR's to nix and which ones to keep for our upcoming FIRST trip to WDW in November. We are staying from Saturday - Friday and are on the Disney Dining Plan. If
I'm calculating correct, we have 6 TS credits, 6 QS credits and 12 snack credits per person (Myself, DH, DD5, DD2 (free))

These are my current meal ADRs - which I realize are "over" my limit for credits. Of course, there is the option to pay OOP for some of them, or if we want the dining plan to actually be a good value, we would just narrow them down and stick to the credit budget. Here's where we are currently:

Day 1 Saturday - Disney Springs/Resort Day - Dinner @ Chef Mickeys
Day 2 Sunday - Magic Kingdom - Lunch @ BOG Dinner @ Crystal Palace
Day 3 Monday - Resort Day, MVMCP at night, No ADRs this day
Day 4 Tuesday - Animal Kingdom Day - Lunch @ Sanaa
Day 5 Wednesday - Birthday Day @ MK- Breakfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner @ohana Day 6 Thursday - Hollywood Studios Day - Fantasmic Dining Package Minnie's Seasonal Dining H&V
Day 7 - Friday - Breakfast ADR @ 1900 Park Faire (Mary Poppins is for Mommy) Goodbye WDW

I have been considering cancelling Chef Mickey's because of the food reviews, although I have kept it thus far because it seems like the perfect way to welcome us to the World, and get my daughters excited about the week to come. BUT, they are meeting Minnie & Mickey again on Thursday at the Seasonal Dining. I don't want to waste several credits meeting the same characters or eating Golden Corral food.
Other thought- maybe having 2 ADRs in one day is a waste of park time, although technically we'll be spending 2 1/2 days at MK so we should have plenty of time to do what we are hoping to do.

My girls aren't HUGE Winnie the Pooh fans, but I added CP because the reviews said the location is beautiful and the characters look absolutely precious.

I'm 2 credits over. Which ones would you say goodbye to?

Also, I have an alert set up on MD in case a dinner ADR opens up at Ohana for arrival day, in that case I'm definitely nixing CM and that will eliminate 2 adrs at MK on Wednesday. That's a big IF though.

Decisions Decisions!!!! This has been the hardest part of the whole trip!! LOL

Thanks for anyone that wants to chime in. I appreciate any and all insight.

So exciting, first trip- woo hoo!! We've never been in November so we'll be there too!!

I know you mentioned you will eat up a lot of time with ADRs. Once you have this first trip behind you, you'll learn your touring and dining style. For the amount of time you are in WDW, I don't think you have a ton of ADRs at all but I would not do 2 in one day, that's just our preference. Especially at MK and one being a buffet/character meal, those usually take a bit longer than a regular meal.

I think all your food choices look good, Chef Mickey's isn't my favorite but it's fun, just be prepared it's noisy. Also, touring plans has a reservation finder that's free for up to two searches. I've had good luck with both MD and TP. Have fun.

It looks like you're 3 dining credits over with CRT & Fantasmic both being 2 credit meals.

I would drop Chef Mickey (ewww food) and Ohana (also ewww food) and pay OOP for Sanaa which is pretty reasonable for WDW.

Is Fantasmic H&V 2 credits? I was thinking it was 1 and only the package at HBD was 2.....Maybe I read some old information.

Well I have to disagree a bit with 2manypets about Ohana, we eat there twice for dinner each trip and breakfast once. You have picked out several good places and not so good places. I dislike BoG but friends tell me the lunch is far superior to dinner. I see you have H7V selected and I assume that's for the Fantasmic tickets and your choices there are limited is their of Mama Melrose both of which are on my girls never again list. The food is not so good but if you go for an early breakfast the food will be hot and fresh. If you choose to go you might want to cancel Chef Mickey's and just get the character interaction at H&V. Both places are Golden Corral quality so be forwarned. Since BoG is a counter service you should consider paying OOP for that one and unless you adore Pooh you may want to cancel Crystal Palace. The food is good but you will need a bit of time there. The last time we ate there it took almost 2 hours for all of the characters to make the rotation once.

Oops, you are correct about it being 1 credit, for some reason I read it as Brown Derby. Sorry for the confusion.

Sanaa is at Animal Kingdom Lodge, if you plan to spend the whole day at Animal Kingdom, I think you're using a lot of time up going back and forth between the park and resort. So I would drop that and also Ohana, once again, a lot of back and forth between resorts and parks. Or having to go back to your resort from Poly can be a pain as well.

Well I have to disagree a bit with 2manypets about Ohana, we eat there twice for dinner each trip and breakfast once. You have picked out several good places and not so good places. I dislike BoG but friends tell me the lunch is far superior to dinner. I see you have H7V selected and I assume that's for the Fantasmic tickets and your choices there are limited is their of Mama Melrose both of which are on my girls never again list. The food is not so good but if you go for an early breakfast the food will be hot and fresh. If you choose to go you might want to cancel Chef Mickey's and just get the character interaction at H&V. Both places are Golden Corral quality so be forwarned. Since BoG is a counter service you should consider paying OOP for that one and unless you adore Pooh you may want to cancel Crystal Palace. The food is good but you will need a bit of time there. The last time we ate there it took almost 2 hours for all of the characters to make the rotation once.
Great tips, Thank you! I think I am going to cancel the Chef Mickeys and just wait to see that group of characters at the Seasonal Party. I read you can get some great pix there anyway while they are in their holiday attire. That eliminates one, and we're happy to do a QS for dinner on arrival night and go to bed early to be ready for the first theme park day. The pictures I saw online were very cute but the food was really basic looking to say the least.
I got my DH very excited about Ohana so I don't think he will want me to cancel that one. The breakfast there looked awesome too but I'm already out of credits. Maybe next time. LOL

Sanaa is at Animal Kingdom Lodge, if you plan to spend the whole day at Animal Kingdom, I think you're using a lot of time up going back and forth between the park and resort. So I would drop that and also Ohana, once again, a lot of back and forth between resorts and parks. Or having to go back to your resort from Poly can be a pain as well.
Transportation plans definitely need some tweaking. I am not all the way familiar with the best ways to get to and from resorts/parks/restaurants. I'm assuming it's a bus ride to AKL from Animal Kingdom Theme park? The lunch ADR is at 1:40, I'm wondering if that will reduce the lunch crowds at all.

Transportation plans definitely need some tweaking. I am not all the way familiar with the best ways to get to and from resorts/parks/restaurants. I'm assuming it's a bus ride to AKL from Animal Kingdom Theme park? The lunch ADR is at 1:40, I'm wondering if that will reduce the lunch crowds at all.

Sure, although depending on where you are in the park it could take a while to get back to bus. You should be at the bus stop by 12:40, sounds crazy but if you miss a bus and have to wait 20 minutes for the next one, you could get to your ADR late. Assume an hour for lunch, then another hour to get back to AK, is it worth minimum 3 hours away for the meal? Do Tusker House instead if you want an interesting meal while at AK. It's great and a character buffet.

When we had the dining plan, once, we planned our meals that were outside of the parks after we were done for the day. Otherwise, it was in the park . I have witnessed too may people running from a bus, or monorail, etc. to get to their ADR. For your first trip, try not to get too stressed out just to eat.

I'm going to agree with changing the Sanaa lunch. It's wonderful there, and you should go. But go for dinner. Or lunch or dinner on one of your non park days. And then uber to Winter Summerland mini golf after. I would not do a lunch outside of the parks on a park day.

Of course, it depends on how old your kids are, given the number of character meals, I'm thinking under 8? If you watch The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh before you go, they will love CP. The Pooh characters are the most huggable, and who can resist bouncing with Tigger?

Me, I'm not a big fan of 'ohana for dinner, so I'd drop that and move CP to that night.

I would cancel Ohana, BOG, and Chef Mickey's, as I'm not a fan of any of these places. Ohana used to be good a few years ago, but I was very disappointed with both the food and service during my last two dinners there.

Hello Disney Pals!

I am struggling with which ADR's to nix and which ones to keep for our upcoming FIRST trip to WDW in November. We are staying from Saturday - Friday and are on the Disney Dining Plan. If
I'm calculating correct, we have 6 TS credits, 6 QS credits and 12 snack credits per person (Myself, DH, DD5, DD2 (free))

These are my current meal ADRs - which I realize are "over" my limit for credits. Of course, there is the option to pay OOP for some of them, or if we want the dining plan to actually be a good value, we would just narrow them down and stick to the credit budget. Here's where we are currently:

Day 4 Tuesday - Animal Kingdom Day - Lunch @ Sanaa
Day 5 Wednesday - Birthday Day @ MK- Breakfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner @ohana Day 6 Thursday - Hollywood Studios Day - Fantasmic Dining Package Minnie's Seasonal Dining H&V
Day 7 - Friday - Breakfast ADR @ 1900 Park Faire (Mary Poppins is for Mommy) Goodbye WDW

I have been considering cancelling Chef Mickey's because of the food reviews, although I have kept it thus far because it seems like the perfect way to welcome us to the World, and get my daughters excited about the week to come. BUT, they are meeting Minnie & Mickey again on Thursday at the Seasonal Dining. I don't want to waste several credits meeting the same characters or eating Golden Corral food.
Other thought- maybe having 2 ADRs in one day is a waste of park time, although technically we'll be spending 2 1/2 days at MK so we should have plenty of time to do what we are hoping to do.

My girls aren't HUGE Winnie the Pooh fans, but I added CP because the reviews said the location is beautiful and the characters look absolutely precious.

I'm 2 credits over. Which ones would you say goodbye to?

Also, I have an alert set up on MD in case a dinner ADR opens up at Ohana for arrival day, in that case I'm definitely nixing CM and that will eliminate 2 adrs at MK on Wednesday. That's a big IF though.

Decisions Decisions!!!! This has been the hardest part of the whole trip!! LOL

Thanks for anyone that wants to chime in. I appreciate any and all insight.
Try working a Garden Grill in there somewhere...great reviews and character interaction is often voted the best.

Hello from Norway :)
So exiting with first trip... that was me 17 years ago (we had planned a "once in a lifetime trip".. well this November it will be trip nr 12 or 13)
I totally understand that you are struggling with your ADR`s... ME TOO...
You will probably get a lot of different answers here, because we all have different tastes and our own favorites.

One tips, like the others have said... you don`t want to use up too much park time traveling...
We have only eaten at Chef Mickey once.. and that was for Breakfast.. and I really liked that...

For your MK day.. maybe two TS would be to much? What if you could try and get BOG for Breakfast? It would only be 1 QS (BF)
And I LOVE Crystal Palace.. it has been a while since we have been there... but the restaurant was very nice and good when you will be at MK
But, if your kids don`t like Pooh and friends maybe try something else?

We do also have tickets for MVMCP in November and we have a reservation for Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
(I might change that one, but we have enough days on our tickets so we can use one that day and we would be at MK around 1.15 p.m.)

I have not been to Sauna, but for your AK day, maybe Tusker House?
(I have not been there, but many people seam to like that one...I might try that one for our trip also)
Rainforest cafe is fun also... if you would like to pay out of pocket (I don`t think BF is very expensive)

We did Cinderella Royal Table on our first trip, and the funny thing is... DH still want to go back there :)
It is 2 TS if I am not wrong.

Ohana is one my list, but again... maybe not 2 at the same day? (I know.. you want to do "it all" :)

Minnies seasonal dining... it has also been on my list and I am really considering that one....
I like 50`s prime Time at HS also.. a lot of fun....

Just booked DINNER at 1900 Park Fare for our trip also, we have never been there.

Good Luck... you are going to have a MAGICAL time :)

I agree with the recommendations for Garden Grill. I like their breakfast food better than their lunch/dinner food, but YMMV.

Overall I think your plan is pretty good. As others have said, I would drop Sanaa lunch and do Satuli Canteen for QS instead. I would also drop dinner at Ohana on your MK day and do QS instead. Others have mentioned Garden Grill, which I totally agree with...but it doesn't look like you're visiting Epcot so that probably won't make sense.

Day 4 Tuesday - Animal Kingdom Day - Lunch @ Satuli Canteen
Day 5 Wednesday - Birthday Day @ MK- Breakfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner @ Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbor House (QS)
Day 6 Thursday - Hollywood Studios Day - Fantasmic Dining Package Minnie's Seasonal Dining H&V

I’m leaning towards cutting Sanaa and then making a trip to AKL during another morning (non park day to see the Savannah from the viewing areas). I don’t want to be stressing about the time all day worrying about transportation. Maybe we will look into a QS for lunch and dinner and stay in the Park that day. I don’t see us spending the $$ on a Minnie Van or uber just to skip the uncertainty of the buses

Overall I think your plan is pretty good. As others have said, I would drop Sanaa lunch and do Satuli Canteen for QS instead. I would also drop dinner at Ohana on your MK day and do QS instead. Others have mentioned Garden Grill, which I totally agree with...but it doesn't look like you're visiting Epcot so that probably won't make sense.

Day 4 Tuesday - Animal Kingdom Day - Lunch @ Satuli Canteen
Day 5 Wednesday - Birthday Day @ MK- Breakfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner @ Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbor House (QS)
Day 6 Thursday - Hollywood Studios Day - Fantasmic Dining Package Minnie's Seasonal Dining H&V
Thank you! We have definitely been looking at CHH since it’s QS and I saw some great videos about it on DFB. Great suggestions

Hello from Norway :)
So exiting with first trip... that was me 17 years ago (we had planned a "once in a lifetime trip".. well this November it will be trip nr 12 or 13)
I totally understand that you are struggling with your ADR`s... ME TOO...
You will probably get a lot of different answers here, because we all have different tastes and our own favorites.

One tips, like the others have said... you don`t want to use up too much park time traveling...
We have only eaten at Chef Mickey once.. and that was for Breakfast.. and I really liked that...

For your MK day.. maybe two TS would be to much? What if you could try and get BOG for Breakfast? It would only be 1 QS (BF)
And I LOVE Crystal Palace.. it has been a while since we have been there... but the restaurant was very nice and good when you will be at MK
But, if your kids don`t like Pooh and friends maybe try something else?

We do also have tickets for MVMCP in November and we have a reservation for Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
(I might change that one, but we have enough days on our tickets so we can use one that day and we would be at MK around 1.15 p.m.)

I have not been to Sauna, but for your AK day, maybe Tusker House?
(I have not been there, but many people seam to like that one...I might try that one for our trip also)
Rainforest cafe is fun also... if you would like to pay out of pocket (I don`t think BF is very expensive)

We did Cinderella Royal Table on our first trip, and the funny thing is... DH still want to go back there :)
It is 2 TS if I am not wrong.

Ohana is one my list, but again... maybe not 2 at the same day? (I know.. you want to do "it all" :)

Minnies seasonal dining... it has also been on my list and I am really considering that one....
I like 50`s prime Time at HS also.. a lot of fun....

Just booked DINNER at 1900 Park Fare for our trip also, we have never been there.

Good Luck... you are going to have a MAGICAL time :)
Thank you!! Yes it’s so hard to refrain from trying to see everything although I know it’s totally impossible!! Lol
I really can’t wait for November, the Christmas party and ALLL THE FOOD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter