Suggestions for QS at Hollywood Studios

There's a current thread about 1 TS restaurants at each park, resort, and DS. Still, I'm not familiar w/ the QS plan so I'll do the best I can for HS.
My family felt ABC Commissary gave good value and taste for the price. Extra points for A/C and comfortable seating.
I liked the Cesar salad at Catalina Eddie's and the rest of my traveling party enjoyed the burgers @ Rosie's. Fresh lettuce and tomatoes made them better than the average fast food burger. One of the nice things about that meal is both restaurants (along with at least one other) share seating in a large outdoor patio covered in tenting. Made it easy for individuals to pick and choose what they want to eat. You will also have new choices in the Toyland portion of the park.

We REALLY liked the new offerings at Fairfax Fare last November. The rice bowl was tasty and the empanadas looked good too (no one ordered them).

We did ABC Commissary. It was just ok but not terrible. QS at HS is not great imo. Eat what you can and then move on. The wait was long. Do mobile ordering if you can.

Fairfax Fare was good when I had it. I had the Chicken or Pork rice bowl. It was probably comparable to Moe's or Qdoba in quality.

I wish there were cooler or indoor seating, but it isn't a bad place to eat.

Backlot express is good when a show didn't just let out....

ditto for the "Sunset Ranch Market" gathering of groupings, I usually can find something delicious between all of the options there....

When we have to do QS for lunch, its usually Backlot Express. Not a fan of ABC commissary. have not tried Fairfax Fare.

My boys (17 and 15) and my DHs HS basketball team like Pizza Rizzo. Of course it’s not the best pizza, but they all ate well.

ABC Commissary in the evenings. If you go to their menu you will see that lunch and dinner have 2 different menus. A lot of people seem to miss this fact and assume lunch and dinner have the same menu like they used to have.

The dreaded HS QS. I'm hopeful, and excited to try Woody's Lunchbox and Baseline Taphouse when we go in October. I do enjoy Sci Fi for TS though!

If you can, leave and go eat at EPCOT. HS doesn’t have a rea good QS and TSLand won’t solve that.

I haven't had such great luck...Thank you!
I'll trump you with, "we've had no luck". ABC Commissary will never see the color of my money again, I'd rather go hungry. Disney, needs to keep working out QS at this park. The one shining star.... Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, they've had a menu change but everything we had prior was good, so we're doing it again in August. Good luck.

I'll trump you with, "we've had no luck". ABC Commissary will never see the color of my money again, I'd rather go hungry. Disney, needs to keep working out QS at this park.
Agreed! ABC Commissary is on the never again list. We had dinner there last Thursday. Food was terrible, lines were terrible, and they gave us a pager for the table to get our food (waited maybe 10 minutes?). $89.05 for a QS dinner for 4. Almost $90 for mediocre at best food. That was 3 Land and Sea (Surf and Turf whatever they call it) meals, a burger, a kids slushie, a parfait, 3 beverages and sales tax. $90!!!!

We should've went back to Fairfax Faire. Ate there last December and everybody liked their food. And it wasn't $90. Live and learn.

Part of Hollywood Studio's problem is to many of the counter service restaurants are outside and in the hot months they are just not worth it. We usually go to Backlot Express or we just eat breakfast at the hotel's counter place and then go to dinner at either Sci Fi or 50 Primetime.

I never eat QS at HS. Ever. Id rather remain hungry. I do however really enjoy SciFi and 50's though. SciFi is my first choice. Good food and really cool (and quiet) atmosphere! PS: Their oreo shakes are to die for! :cloud9:

I'm another one who can't stand the QS options at HS.

I was dreading our HS day because we didn't have a dinner ADR in the park. Originally we were going to eat in our resort - Kona - but we decided we wanted to spend more time in the park and I was going to drop Kona. Well, today I snagged a 6:40 pm ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe. So I'm pretty happy about that and I officially dropped Kona (hadn't done that yet).

I'm another one who can't stand the QS options at HS.

I was dreading our HS day because we didn't have a dinner ADR in the park. Originally we were going to eat in our resort - Kona - but we decided we wanted to spend more time in the park and I was going to drop Kona. Well, today I snagged a 6:40 pm ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe. So I'm pretty happy about that and I officially dropped Kona (hadn't done that yet).
Congrats try the fried chicken they really know what they are doing with chicken and a personal favorite that peanut butter chocolate cake. Its so sweet I can only eat about half but it is so good.

I'm another one who can't stand the QS options at HS. It’s been like that for years...

Well, today I snagged a 6:40 pm ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe. So I'm pretty happy about that
Good for you! It’s a coin toss between the fried chicken or the pot roast, equally good!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!