Suggestions for QS at Hollywood Studios

This won't be helpful if you're asking for a QS because you want to use the dining plan, but if not, Sci-Fi doesn't cost much more than a QS and the food is so much better.

Said this in last thread about OS at HS, wife and I loved the Fried Green Tomato sandwich. Was great.

Good for you! It’s a coin toss between the fried chicken or the pot roast, equally good!
MMmmm pot roast! Its my fave. I had the fried chicken once....I found it too salty? Maybe it was an off day? I dunno. But its a popular item and many people like it. So perhaps its just me. :)

This won't be helpful if you're asking for a QS because you want to use the dining plan, but if not, Sci-Fi doesn't cost much more than a QS and the food is so much better.
I agree. SciFi doesn't cost that much more than a QS meal. Plus the atmosphere is awesome.

Last edited:
We've done PizzaRizzo/Pizza Planet on every trip. It's not 5 star dining, but we've never had a bad meal.

We REALLY liked the new offerings at Fairfax Fare last November. The rice bowl was tasty and the empanadas looked good too (no one ordered them).

Any idea if they can do plain rice instead of cilantro rice for those who hate cilantro? The meals look good aside from that and it's a pretty common aversion.

We had a decent lunch at Backlot Express last year. Kids had chicken and waffles with the darth vader themed waffles, everyone enjoyed it. Sat in the A/C, free drink refills, was a fine experience.

Any idea if they can do plain rice instead of cilantro rice for those who hate cilantro? The meals look good aside from that and it's a pretty common aversion.

Sorry. I don't know for sure, but it was already in the rice sort of like it was cooked in with the rice as the rice was cooked. My guess is they don't have plain rice, but it's worth stopping by and asking.

Agreed! ABC Commissary is on the never again list. We had dinner there last Thursday. Food was terrible, lines were terrible, and they gave us a pager for the table to get our food (waited maybe 10 minutes?). $89.05 for a QS dinner for 4. Almost $90 for mediocre at best food. That was 3 Land and Sea (Surf and Turf whatever they call it) meals, a burger, a kids slushie, a parfait, 3 beverages and sales tax. $90!!!!

We should've went back to Fairfax Faire. Ate there last December and everybody liked their food. And it wasn't $90. Live and learn.

My family had a very different experience. They enjoyed their impromptu meal of a salmon plate and rib and chicken platter. I wasn't hungry so didn't eat with them or even taste their plates. DGD didn't like the ribs but that's because she prefers dry rub ribs over those with sauce. Her grandfather nibbled on her ribs between eating his salmon with green beans.
Putting in the order went quite fast and the pager unit was used so the server could find and bring our order to the table. I'm not a big fan of QS but found the food looked better than the average counter service fare. No idea on the cost since we were on the dining plan and already figured out that Disney over inflates it's menu food costs. Or as the man and I call it: Disney, Home of the $9.00 Hotdog, LOL.
Haven't tried the new or old menu at FairFaxe but glad you enjoyed it:).

I'll trump you with, "we've had no luck". ABC Commissary will never see the color of my money again, I'd rather go hungry. Disney, needs to keep working out QS at this park. The one shining star.... Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, they've had a menu change but everything we had prior was good, so we're doing it again in August. Good luck.
Hi there,
Thinking of the BDL myself for an upcoming trip. Were you still pleased w it when you visited in August? Also, do you know if you can order appetizers from the restaurant?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter