Suggestions for ROMANTIC dinner with DH! Thinking about Chefs de France????

knationk

Mouseketeer
I had DH look at the menu listed on allearsnet. We were thinking of Chef's de France. We live in Paris, TN and have always wanted to go to Paris, France. So he liked the idea of this, plus it would be something totally different than what we've tried before. I haven't heard alot of comments about Chef de France on here. Is it good? If not, what restaurant would you reccomend?

THANKS!
Kayla

POP CENTURY September 18-25th!! :)

I have never been to Chefs in France. I do think that California Grill during fireworks could be very romantic. Of course, when I went there I was with my DM, Dsister with her 2 kids, and my 2 kids. The kids were being very bratty, but the food and the atmosphere were soooo great that we still manged to thoroughly enjoy ourselves. I also hear that Victoria and Alberts is very nice, although I have never been there.

Chefs de France if very good..one of our favorites..and if you want to take it one step further...head upstairs to Le Bistro (dinner only)...very romantic.

Both are outstanding..food, service and atmosphere. Le Bistro is smaller and more intimate.

Food is mediocre for the price price at CA grill.... and the fireworks are definately better from main street in the MK.

I personally think that Chefs de France is a great restaurant - especially if you've never tried traditional French style food. But I do think it is a bit loud - it's more of a bustling brasserie type place.

Bistro de Paris is much quiter and more intimate and is certainly more suited to romantic meal à deux.

But I would check the menu and be sure both you and your husband are in the mood to be a little adventurous. Where Chefs de France serves more standard French food - likes Onion Soup and Quiche, Bistro de Paris serves more gourmet dishes for a more adventurous palate.

But the food is delicious and definately worth the splurge!

My bf and I love to eat at San Angel Inn (ask for a water table). It's so cozy and romantic - feels like you're really outside in Mexico. The food isn't the best I've ever had.. but it's good. The atmosphere makes up for it.

Good luck choosing :)

I would have to vote for the California Grill as a great, romantic place to dine. The food & service is excellent and the views are amazing!!

Bistro de Paris is wonderful and much more romantic than Chefs de France (we were there on Valentine's Day 2004 and saw a couple get engaged at a nearby table - it was lovely!).

For romance, I also like Jiko and Citrico's. Both are elegant, quiet restaurants with wonderful food and service. Cal Grill is very noisy and hectic and I have never found it to be romantic.

For a romantic dinner last Dec. DH took me to Bistro de Paris. It was awesome. And they sat us right next to the window. We had a great server and the food was awesome. It was quiet and so wonderful. I highly recommend it.

V and A's is the most romantic restaurant in WDW.
It's not even close.

It's also the most expensive, so if you'd rather do something else:

Cal Grille
Citrico's

V&A's is the most romantic of the restaurants mentioned, but very expensive. Bistro de Paris is a nice suggestion if you want to go French. If, however, you prefer the menu at Chefs de France, just go to dinner late. The place is bustling at lunch and dinner. However, we went once at about 8:30 p.m. The place was nearly empty. Had a lovely, quiet dinner at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter