Suggestions for shore excursions in Cozumel

Jlyons72

Earning My Ears
We are going on a Disney cruise in December on the Disney Magic. Have you been on an excursions in Cozumel that you recommend we do or do NOT do? We have ages 6-71, so whatever suggestion you have would work for all or part of our group.

We are also considering excursions not sponsored by DCL, if you have suggestions for any of those, let me know about those too!!

Thank you for your help.

We did Chocolate Tour/Ruins/Playa Mia excursion through Disney. There were people of all ages. The chocolate tour was ok, the ruins tour was interesting and the beach at Playa Mia is nice and relaxing. There are also other water activities for the kids to enjoy if they need more beach entertainment. We felt we got a good variety of activities for what we spent on the excursion.

I will recommend Xcaret or Xel-ha parks if you are looking for something more active. But my recommandation comes with a warning : if you are going on excursions that goes to the mainland, like the Mayan ruins, you need to ride a jetboat for 45 min each way. That boat is also known as the vomit comet. Last March, when we were there, 1/3 of the passengers had their head is a plastic bag for the entire time on the way there. The crew was passing bags around even before we left the jetty. It was pretty horrible.

We have been to Cozumel a number of times with other cruise lines. We like to go on our own to Paradise Beach. Next week, we are going on our own to Nochi Cocom.

I second Paradise Beach. You can get transportation outside the port. The beach is nice, pool is fantastic, and food at the poolside restaurant is excellent. There is a $3 charge for your beach chair (must pay) and then you need to purchase $10 worth of food/drinks.

Another option I'd recommend is a dolphin swim/encounter at Chankanaab National Park, which itself is a very nice beach. There's a small pool and sea lion show there as well. Not everyone has to participate in the dolphin swim. They can watch from a distance or relax on the beach.

We've done a turtle release excursion as well (loved it!) but not sure if it's appropriate for everyone in your group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!