Suggestions for Snack to Bring....

Melika77

Mouseketeer
HI! Last July when my DBF and I went to WDW, we decided to bring snacks with us. We brought Granola bars and Pop tarts for days we were not going to have a character breakfast. We also brought coffee cakes and hunts pudding. If you'd like to bring chocolate pudding, buy the hunt's brand because it does not need to be refridgerated. We kept the cool in ice buckets, so we would have cool snacks when we returned for our afternoon naps.

I would also suggest bringing small rubbermaid water jugs. They have small ones that fit into large fanny packs, so you don't have to carry them around the parks.

Any other good food and drink tips?

Melika77@theglobe.com

For quick meals on the bus or in line I bring Power-bars or other meal replacement bars. Also, litle packages of fruit snacks and peanut butter crackers travel well in back packs.

"We need more fruitcakes in this world!"
-Jimmy Buffett

beef jerky is good because it is a snack that provides protien. Also trail mix hits the spot!

stpat2.gif

Join us at the
Boise DIS meet
on Saint Paddy's day !
E-mail me for more info...

We found that the Lance-type peanut butter crackers - or even Ritz Bits - tend to crumble if not eaten the first half day in the pack. (We must be rough on them!) Anyway, we go to Sams/BJs/whatever & get Combos. A big box in indiv. packages. The pretzel part doesn't crumble as easily. Also, a big box of fruit snacks. We like the Farley brand ones - cheaper & a little softer than the name brand ones. Each person takes a pack of each for a half day. If we don't use them, they're still edible later.

Our first trip I brought PB (small jar) and got jelly at the food court. We bought bread at DD Grocery. Second trip I brought Pop tarts, PB crackers, cheese n crackers and snacks. As my kids got older they wanted a more substantial lunch. After snacking all morning though we can still get away with a hot dog, pretzel or pizza slice. We only sit down for dinner every night. This is what works for us. Also we bring empty bottles and put powdered drink mix in them, then you fill it with water at the park and not carry heavy bottles all day long.

Wow!! Two great tips that I didn't even think of. Beef Jerky and drink mix (like kool-aid). Great ideas!! Thanks!!

fetch.dll

<font face="comic sans ms" font color=#9900FF font size="4"><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">Disneyworld, were dreams really do come true!!</marquee> </font>

<font face="comic sans ms" font color=#3333FF>All Star Movies May 1999 </font>
<font face="comic sans ms" font color=#FF66FF>All Star Movies May 2000</font

Marshmello treats hold up very well,and take the place of Expensive candy.
Individual packets of peanuts also help round out the protein with the jerky and peanutbutter. :D

[This message was edited by tink2dw on 03-10-01 at 02:55 AM.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!