Suggestions for very tiny tummies

tammeb

It's never boring at the Baltazar's
OK, I recently had gastric bypass surgery (stomach stapling) yet I want to enjoy my dining at WDW. Suggestions for really good places that will understand my plight? Serve me adult food in children's portions? 1/2 portions? Sample plates? I don't want to pay $15 for the 2 oz of food I'll be able to consume...

Thanks!

Well all I can suggest for counter service would be ordering the kids meals (not sure if those would appeal to you though), or the salads at some places. And for sit down places, I would ask, tell them it is due to a medical issue, or you could always order soup, most of them have that, or even the appetizers to share with the person you are traveling with, which are usually very good and cost less than the entree. Otherwise, why not snack your way around The World? Some of the snacks they have there are better than the sit down or counter service food, and you could have something different and small every few hours. Good luck!

I have a couple suggestions--first, just share a meal with your traveling companion. The portions are very large, especially if you also split an appetizer.

The other is that most WDW places will serve a half an entree at half price. We've gotten half entrees for DS when he was younger at Palio (they weren't happy about it, but taht's another long and not so nice story), Yachtsmans Steakhouse (they were more than happy, but the server did have to ask the manager), Le Cellier (very eager to please), 50's Prime Time (more than happy to accomodate), and a few others.

I would avoid the buffets, you'll be spending a lot of money for nothing.

Anne

Tammy, I just had the same thing done, and it IS a problem sometimes finding something 'reasonable' for our problem when eating out. Luckily since I'm not at WDW:), I can usually order something normal, but I do tell them ahead of time to put it in a takeout carrier for me, as I will have the rest in another one or two meals later on. Yes, I do LOTS of leftovers!:) Hopefully, by the time I get to go to WDW again, maybe I can convince my DH or DD to split some meals with me. I just wish they had more similar tastes to me. Though, I have found that my son just loves to share crab legs with me! Especially since he gets the lion's share!:)
Kim

I often eat an appetiser as a main meal for lunch (along with soup or a salad). Many of the nicer restaurants have great "Starters" which,sometimes, are just smaller portions of the main dish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter