Suggestions to make the most of my DL visit, please!

Frogso

Earning My Ears
I'll be accompanying my husband on a business trip so I get to play while he works. I haven't been to DL since 1969. What are the must do's? I'm so excited to be going during the 50th Anniverysary year. I didn't realize that my trip would occur the week after the actual anniversary. Any dining suggestions? I'm planning on a 2 day Park Hopper. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Blue Bayou, the restaurant in Pirates of the Carribean is a must. I already have priority seating for July 24th. :flower: Get to the park early so you can enjoy the rides before the crowds come. Alice In Wonderland and Matterhorn are a must also, as I'm sure Space Mountain will be too. Have fun on your trip! :sunny:

I agree! Call ahead of time to PS for BB. If you are there when it is going see ELP at CA. Also Fantasmic at DL! Don't forget to do Soarin and Ca Screamin at CA. I would get to DL early and ride the Fantasyland Rides first they get busy fast. Use FP when possible. When DL gets to busy go to CAP they are always less crowded.

Is Blue Bayou good for kids too?? We go to WDW about twice a year. But this will be our first time at DL with the kids. 4 of them: DS12, DS9 (special needs), DD7, and DS3. We love to do character dining and sit down meals. Have planned 3 already: Goofy's dinner, Lilo/Stitch Breakfast and the chip/Dale one too. We will arrive on Tuesday and leave Sat. AM to catch the ship back to FL!!! Should I do Blue Bayou. DS9 would become a pirate if he could!!!!

Blue Bayou was fun for us. Be forewarned, it is very dark in there. The kids are given cardboard hats to wear. My dh wanted one, but alas his head was too big. :rotfl2: Make sure that you try the Monte Cristo. Very delicious.

Enjoy your trip.

Frogso said:
I'll be accompanying my husband on a business trip so I get to play while he works. I haven't been to DL since 1969. What are the must do's? I'm so excited to be going during the 50th Anniverysary year. I didn't realize that my trip would occur the week after the actual anniversary. Any dining suggestions? I'm planning on a 2 day Park Hopper. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Here is a short list of must do's:

DL:
Fantasmic show - and get there early to get a good seat
Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Small World
If you still like the fast/high energy rides go on Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mtn RR, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, and Indiana Jones

DCA:
Aladdin show
Soarin' Over California
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Frogso,

Be prepared that DL, California Adventure and Downtown Disney are all right there. There's no "commute time" to figure in, like you do between areas in WDW. The strategy we used was to be at DL for opening, and then migrate over to DCA or DD around 11:30 a.m., as Disneyland got very crowded. We did the 2 day parkhopper and found this worked well both days.

I'd also suggest making sure to see the Block Party Bash (early evening) and the Electrical Parade (at dark) at DCA. Nothing like them in WDW. We did both and thought that they covered our admission costs. All the rides we did were just a bonus!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter