Sugguestions on how to handle vacations from now on? Update 8/1 see post #11

tinkgrl

Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein
Hi,

As most of you know I got accepted on the waitlist for a service dog. I'm not exactly sure how long the wait will be. Could be 3 to 5 year maybe less. We might get called @ anytime. At least 3 months before a team training. The team training are in August, November, Feburary & May. Now we can't stop taking trips for 3 to 5 years. Any suggestions? Would want a week @ disney after graduation or 45 days after graduation. Have to get recertified @ 45 days. We get 210 points. Any ideas on what to do would help.

Thanks,

I would just keep booking trips...:teeth:

Would DVC - if you notified them now - be willing to "help out" at all? (If you did have a trip booked for that time frame)

Good question...and probably one you've asked yourself a thousand times!!:)

Then there's always the option ofjust renting them out if you had to:)

:sunny:

PS...did I say congrats onthe other thread?? If I didn't, here goes:
:Pinkbounc YAY!!! :Pinkbounc

were you wondering about booking a "Graduation Celebration Week", with your points allotted? If you should just book weeks during those times now, kind of thing..??

I'm so confused... :goodvibes

Loved C&TCF, though!! ;)

I would just go ahead and plan your trips. Since you said they will let you know 3 months prior to your training, you can always cancel your trip without penalty provided you watch your banking deadlines. As far as a graduation trip, were you talking about graduation from school or from your service dog training? If it's for school, I would go ahead and plan it but maybe schedule it in a different month than the service dog trainings are held. If its graduation from your service dog training, you can't really schedule it until you know when it will be. Good luck!

Donna

mbb said:
I would just keep booking trips...:teeth:

Would DVC - if you notified them now - be willing to "help out" at all? (If you did have a trip booked for that time frame)

Good question...and probably one you've asked yourself a thousand times!!:)

Then there's always the option ofjust renting them out if you had to:)

PS...did I say congrats onthe other thread?? If I didn't, here goes:
:Pinkbounc YAY!!! :Pinkbounc

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I could book and then if I had to cancel & rebook for something either after the CCI graduation or the 45 day retest for year long cerification. I will call DVC soon & see what they say about booking trips! Good thought!! Thanks!

This might not go over real well but call DVC and ask what the policy is on service animals. I know that my BIL had a puppy-in-training and she had a specail vest that she wore at all times. According to him she could not be refused on airlines, in restuarants, hotels, etc. because she was to be treated the same as any actual service animal. They have to learn somehow and could not do so if they were not allowed to be in all of those places. DVC may actually allow them. IT sure wouldn't hurt to check!

Good luck,
Lori

Tinkgirl - congrads - great news

I would continue to make reservations and plan vacations. Like others have said, depending on your deadlines y ou most likely would be able to reschedule your trip. Or at the very least rent out your vacation and use the money to rent points at a later time for y ourself.

I also read that disney would allow one "free pass" under certain circumstances. I would certainly think this would qualify

Three years (and hopefully this will not be the case) is a very long time to put your live on hold waiting for a call about something that will occur three months down the road.

Tinkgirl are you on the list to TRAIN the dog, or to receive a service dog?? Quite a few years ago one of my dogs puppies was trained to notify her owner when she was about to have a siedure (sp?). I was such a proud grandma :)

DeeDeeDis said:
Tinkgirl - congrads - great news

I would continue to make reservations and plan vacations. Like others have said, depending on your deadlines y ou most likely would be able to reschedule your trip. Or at the very least rent out your vacation and use the money to rent points at a later time for y ourself.

I also read that disney would allow one "free pass" under certain circumstances. I would certainly think this would qualify

Three years (and hopefully this will not be the case) is a very long time to put your live on hold waiting for a call about something that will occur three months down the road.

Tinkgirl are you on the list to TRAIN the dog, or to receive a service dog?? Quite a few years ago one of my dogs puppies was trained to notify her owner when she was about to have a siedure (sp?). I was such a proud grandma :)

Hi,

I'm on the waiting list to recieve a service dog to help me!!

Wow that is great news that you got on the list. Its pretty amazing what those dogs can do and people seem to have alot more confidence in themselves when they have one, it really must help you to be more independent. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Heres lots of pixie dust in the hope it takes less than three years

I didn't realize you were getting one for yourself. Definetly check to see if service dogs are allowed at DVC resorts. I didn't think they could be refused anywhere.

Good luck and sorry for the confusion,
Lori

Hi Tinkgrl

I thought of you and your passion for Johnny Depp on our most recent trip to WDW last week. We were at the CBR and saw a Captain Jack Sparrow/Johnny Depp doll that looks just like the character and Depp! One of the dolls if you can fnd him actually talks! Have you seen this? He is like $60.00 I think. You should try to see him on your next visit! I wish you pixie dust and wishes on your search and wait for a dog! There is one for you, just hold on!

Best to you!

Hi,

I am allowed to bring a service animal to WDW!!!!! I also have up to 31 days to cancel without penalty!!!

Sounds like things should work out fine! Glad to hear it!

A 3 to 5 year wait! That's got to be frustrating.

Reminds me of our folks waiting on the ROFR decision. At least it's 30 days at most, not 3 to 5 yrs. Kind of puts the ROFR anxiety into a whole new light doesn't it?

Tom

tinkgrl said:
Hi,

I am allowed to bring a service animal to WDW!!!!! I also have up to 31 days to cancel without penalty!!!

That is wonderful. I am so glad everything is working out for you!

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter