Suitcase packing tips

Wow, I can't believe that I do some of these exact same things on our trips. I have packed our 4 kids clothes in individual baggies -- one for each day -- with everything in it. I do the lotions, shampoos, etc. in one. My husband thinks I'm nuts for this one, but how many times have you seen underwear rolling around on the luggage belt? So, I pack all my underwear in one, and my socks in one.

We also on the last couple of trips have put half of everyone's amount of outfits in one suitcase and the other half in the other, so as not to be left without clothes if one suitcase gets lost.

Also, I made an embarassing mistake on our last trip. I wore black jeans (November/Michigan) and tennis shoes with black socks. We arrived early, and had a change of clothes in our carry on. However, I had a nice summer outfit, and no white socks! I had to run and buy a pair at the gift shop! Not a big deal, but it slowed us up a little.

Love hearing all the ideas. Keep 'em coming!

Here's hoping DH will keep our Dec. reservations -- they are on hold only right now!
:smooth:

I agree with putting lotions, shampoos, etc. in ziploc bags. Mine always seem to open, so having them in ziploc bags saves things getting ruined & a lot of aggravation.

Also, if packing for a family & taking more than one bag, pack separate outfits for each family in the separate bags instead of one person's clothes in one bag. If one bag of luggage gets lost at least everyone will have something to wear until you get the lost luggage.

Take an extra pair of underwear, socks & shirt for everyone in a carry on in case of lost luggage. (can you tell our luggage has been lost before?!!?)

Page a plastic over the door shoe holder for the bathroom door so you can hang all your toilettries in it. Saves counter space in small bathrooms and gets rid of a lot of clutter.

Pack socks & belts in extra shoes you bring.

Use a collapsible cooler as one of your carry ones so you can take it to the pools.

Take mail order photo developing envelopes with you so you can mail them in & have them ready & waiting at home when you get there, then you don't have to take the film home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter