Summer 2002

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
If you were to choose a summer week to be at Ft. Wilderness which week would be better? We can not leave until May 31 and will not consider being there over July 4. Any suggestions?:D Thank-you

I've been there the first and second weeks of June and the third week of July. The weather was similar both times, but July was wetter. I didn't notice much difference in crowds, either. That said, I prefer early June because it is earlier! You'll probably be okay with whichever week works best for you.

Barbara
162 days to go

We were there the second week of August this year. Value rates were in effect and the crowds weren't as bad as we expected. It was very humid and rainy though.

Thanks to both of you. I was thinking early June or late Aug. too. Living in St. Louis we are used to heat and humidity, so that would be ok. It just makes the water parks more inviting. I wonder if I could talk my husband into both?;)

Originally posted by campingcorgi
I've been there the first and second weeks of June and the third week of July. The weather was similar both times, but July was wetter. I didn't notice much difference in crowds, either. That said, I prefer early June because it is earlier! You'll probably be okay with whichever week works best for you.

Barbara
162 days to go

campingcorgi:

We are going the first week of June 2002. (The 3rd thru the 9th) What can I expect the crowd situation to be like? Will the Brazillian tour groups be there yet?
Thanks!!

You may see a few tour groups, but not in large numbers that early in the summer. I don't find the crowds to be bad, then, but I haven't been much in the slower times so I don't have much to compare it too. You will have a great time, though! Is this your first trip to FW?

Barbara
158 days to go

Thanks for your info. Yes, this will be our third trip to Disney but our FIRST to FW!! I'm really looking forward to it. We had planned to go on the Wonder but decided, since we have our new travel trailer, to try out FW. I've been reading these posts and am very excited about it.

I reserved a preferred space and hope to get one close to the beach.

Disneycrazymom:

For a preferred in June (the 3-9) I was quoted a rate of $71.00 per night. I'm watching these posts to hopefully get a discount code or something.

Wow, $71 seems really high! I sure hope they come down. I wanted to spend 2 weeks but at that price we could only do 1 week. Is it best to book and then re-book if rates come down or just wait?:D

YES! Book as soon as you're sure of your dates. Then, if you're lucky enough to learn of a discount code, simply call back and tell them you want your space at that code.

The price of $71 is tax included. Nowkeep in mind that that's for a preferred space and is $10 more per night than the other spaces.

Also, if you're staying that long, it may benefit you to join AAA travel club. If there are any AAA discount spaces left, you can usually save about 15%.

We are staying in March in a preffered space during peak season for about $30 a night! We are getting a postcard code.....I would definetly keep my eye on the Mousesavers.com site for a better deal!! Sometimes the Annual Pass savings are up to 45% off too! although I have never seen those deals in the middle of the summer....but with attendance down, you never know!:)

If you are looking for better prices. Usually the month of May you can find some discounts. So you may want to ask the reservation office when you book are there any discounts if you arrive May 31st or if you arrive in august that may help you decide when to go... that is what we did... we are going the week of May 25th the reservation lady found a discount code and saved us 16.00 a night now at 48.00 plus tax...
whenever you go you will Love FW.

Thanks everyone for the help. We are still waiting to see how all the summer activities will fit into the calender,and then plan around them. I am wondering if the new codes that are out for April to June include the campground? I think I'll call tommorow and see. I'll post what I find out.:D

I was able to use the summer basic plan and get 30% off the rack rate in June (so $35 for partial hook-up).

Hi,
We just made ressies for Aug 10-24th in a prefferred site for 36.50/night. These were AP rates. I read that AP rates change Aug 4th so taht might be a driving factor. I think the rates are higher in June. I like your idea about both times though. Maybe I could get a mini vacation then too. Godd luck, Val

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter