Summer 2017...Disney, Universal, Carnival Liberty, and Disney!!!

Sherry, I brought this whole thing up to a co-worker (with 42 Disney trips under her belt!!), and she agrees. It's just asinine! She is going again in October and says that she is just writing a "zero" on the tip line and leaving cash, like always.

Sherry, I brought this whole thing up to a co-worker (with 42 Disney trips under her belt!!), and she agrees. It's just asinine! She is going again in October and says that she is just writing a "zero" on the tip line and leaving cash, like always.

I think that is what I will do in the future also if this continues. At the time, I guess I was caught off guard because I just didn't think about it...vacation brain I guess! LOL

New to your trip reports - but this looks awesome. We are doing 4 days disney (boardwalk villas studio) 4 nights DCL Dream, and 2 nts Disney (Wyndam Bonnet Creek) in February!

Love the report so far. I have made plans to go to Skipper Canteen for the first time in October. So nice to read your review before we get there. I think you just saved me from the Noodle Salad.

I see you flew from Midway airport. I live in the Chicago area, so fly from there often. Maybe we live near one another.

Love the report so far. I have made plans to go to Skipper Canteen for the first time in October. So nice to read your review before we get there. I think you just saved me from the Noodle Salad.

I see you flew from Midway airport. I live in the Chicago area, so fly from there often. Maybe we live near one another.

We did! We now live in Joliet but I grew up in Hickory Hills and the kids grew up in Burbank....it's a small world!

Fountainview

We ended up at Fountainview (Starbucks) for snacks.

We ordered 4 Venti Frappuccino Blended Beverages. Skye got the Strawberries & Creme (coffee-free), Tyler got the Vanilla Bean Cream (coffee-free), Cary got the Caramel and I got the Mocha.

img_3031.jpg

Above is mine and Tyler's...below is Cary's...

img_3036.jpg

I guess I don't have a pic of Skye's...unless the one above was hers and not Tyler's...not sure. Hers was very light pink but was definitely strawberry! Hers was very good...like a strawberry milk shake. Tyler's was simple...a vanilla milk shake. Mine and Cary's were both as expected. We all liked our choices.

We also got some snacks. Skyler got the Mickey Oreo Cupcake...
img_3032.jpg

She liked it but it was very chocolate!

Tyler got the Summer Cupcake which was dreamcicle.

img_3033.jpg

He liked it but the middle was a bit frozen so it was very hard to eat...and it was a lot of orange!

I got a Blueberry Scone.

img_3035.jpg

It was very good and moist (very unlike any scone I have had before). I'd say it was more like a blueberry muffin that a scone. But I was good with that...it was very good!

Cary got a Coffee cake...

img_3034.jpg

It was also very good...moist and soft. He liked it a lot.

Our wait here wasn't bad but there are not very spelled out as to what all is considered a snack credit and for that matter what is what for a person who does not generally frequent Starbucks. I found it rather nerve racking! Plus no one who waited on us spoke much English which makes asking questions very difficult also.

And then we get to the cost. Now I was aware that Starbucks is million dollar coffee before heading there but Skyler had been bugging me at home to go and I wouldn't because I didn't realize they actually made non-coffee drinks but also because I'M NOT RICH! So I told her while we were at Disney, she could use snack credits and indulge her inner Starbucks lover. So if you haven't caught on by now, no, we will not be using my hard earned cash in the real world Starbucks. The bakery items were no better than anywhere else you can get fresh bakery items. And while I drink coffee and like the stronger, better coffees, I am not a coffee connoisseur plus, the kids' frappes were milk shakes! Ok, ok, you got me,...we have done Starbucks a time or two but I can only bring myself to order the smallest drink and it has only been when they are advertising some new flavor I just have to try...Skye can get a milk shake at McDonalds! But anyway...

Our total was $42.30!!!!! I would only return on a dining plan using snack credits...there's nothing special here for that cost!

DDDP Credits used so far = 10 + 4 mug credits
DDDP value so far = $609.53
Out of Pocket TOTAL so far= $36.64
TOTAL Cash Value so far = $673.22

Yay for another Sheri post!!!!! Keep em' coming :) WOW: I am not a Starbucks person (Caribou is my jam), but holy cow, $42.30?!?!?!?! Have mercy.

Yay for another Sheri post!!!!! Keep em' coming :) WOW: I am not a Starbucks person (Caribou is my jam), but holy cow, $42.30?!?!?!?! Have mercy.

I've never tried Caribou...but then again I'm not that into coffee...usually it's home or D&D or McDonalds....can't beat a large black coffee for $1!

But ya, it was crazy! Only in Disney and only on a snack credit, fur sure!

Ha ha.....I only get the hot cocoa at Caribou! I've never really been a coffee drinker ;---)
That is just so crazy about the Disney Starbucks though, wowwwwww......can't wait to read more of your report, yay!!!!!

Teppan Edo

So we headed back to World Showcase for lunch at Teppan Edo.

img_3049.jpg

We checked in at 11:46am and they don't start seating until 12pm so Skye and I stayed in the nice, cool lobby while Tyler and Cary went downstairs to check out the awesome store.

img_3050.jpg

img_3051.jpg

They returned just before the opening ceremony. We were called to be seated at 12:03pm.

img_3053.jpg

Cary tried to teach Skye how to use chop sticks but in the end she had the waitress fix hers.

img_3054.jpg

img_3055.jpg

img_3056.jpg

So we were first all brought out our garden salads.

img_3057.jpg

Its a small salad with a light ginger dressing. Cary and I really liked it (it was just an iceburg lettuce mix), the dressing was really good. Skye kinda liked it. Tyler wouldn't even touch it.

I ordered the Assorted Tempura - shrimp and vegetables served with Japanese tempura dipping sauce for Skye and I to share.

img_3058.jpg

We really enjoy these. It was two shrimp, a zucchini, and a squash. Skye snatched a shrimp and I had the rest. It is a light battering and they are never the least bit greasy.

Everyone else ordered the Wafu Ribs - sake, soy sauce and ginger braised pork ribs. Skye and I shared. They seemed more fatty this time around. Cary and Tyler enjoyed theirs but the one Skye and I were sharing went about half uneaten.

img_3059.jpg

Then we met our chef (who spoke very good English) and our dipping sauces were poured...

img_3060.jpg

We placed our orders and the chef got to cooking...

img_3061.jpg

img_3062.jpg

Noodles and veggies were served...

img_3064.jpg

The kids don't eat these. Well, Skye did try a noodle but for some reason didn't like them...which I really don't understand since she loves all noodles. But they were really good and he did not drown them in sesame seeds this time (which I usually am not a fan of).

Then the beef rice was brought out.

img_3065.jpg

Which was really good. Skye tasted hers but didn't eat more and Tyler was not even trying it. But I thought it was really goo and preferred it to the plain white rice used to serve.

For entrees Skye ordered the Nihonbashi - steak and chicken breast which she loves! It is the sirloin not the filet but she loves it.

img_3066.jpg

She actually asked for another plate because she didn'tant it touching her noodles she didn't eat.

I ordered the Asakusa - steak and shrimp that is also sirloin but it seems this is my usual here. It is all very good and fresh.

img_3067.jpg

Both the boys ordered the Filet Mignon - 6 oz. beef tenderloin USDA choice steak which they loved. It was melt in your mouth good.

img_3068.jpg

For dessert my three weirdos ordered ice cream...Cary ordered the vanilla-green tea swirl...

img_3070.jpg

...and he really liked it...said the green tea gave the vanilla something extra but not an overpowering flavor.

Then kids both got vanilla. It was Vanilla.

img_3069.jpg

I ordered the Mango Mousse Cake - mango-flavored sponge cake with a smooth and flavorful mango mousse decorated with a tropical glaze. It was super good.

img_3071.jpg

Everyone except Tyler liked it too.

Our total here was $243.04 and we there about 45 minutes. Our table mates kept to themselves as did we. I always thought the table sharing would be a problem for me, but it has always been fine. We seem to return here every trip lately. It is one the kids ask for religiously.

DDDP Credits used so far = 14 + 4 mug credits
DDDP value so far = $822.57
Out of Pocket TOTAL so far= $66.64
TOTAL Cash Value so far = $853.06

China Pavilion

Skyler and Cary love all the flavored waters in the back of the China Pavilion so they grabbed a Kiwi Melon ($3.14).

img_3087.jpg

It was really good...refreshing and not too sweet but had good flavor to it. I even tried it and I am not a fan of watermelon flavored things.

DDDP Credits used so far = 14 + 4 mug credits
DDDP value so far = $822.57
Out of Pocket TOTAL so far= $69.78
TOTAL Cash Value so far = $922.84

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!