Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

e_yerger

DIS Veteran
Hello!! I thought it may be a good place for people who have trips planned for Summer 2020, and are hopeful/intend on visiting if the parks are open.

My trip was originally for Easter and it’s rescheduled for July 23-28th at Pop Century. We’re excited to be back in the parks if they’re open!!!

We had a trip planned for May, which unfortunately isn’t happening. Now, we’re going 7/07-7/13 at OKW, to celebrate my hubby’s 35th birthday. Really, really hoping Disney starts opening up so we have a better chance of making this a reality.

I’ve never been to WDW in July, so I’m nervous for the heat. But guess it’s time for Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids!

I‘ll be totally honest with you...it’s freaking hot! Like fry an egg on the pavement hot.
It usually rains in the afternoon too so bring those ponchos.

We usually start the day early then head back to the resort mid day for a break. If we have the energy, we’ll head back to a park after sunset.

I‘ll be totally honest with you...it’s freaking hot! Like fry an egg on the pavement hot.
It usually rains in the afternoon too so bring those ponchos.

We usually start the day early then head back to the resort mid day for a break. If we have the energy, we’ll head back to a park after sunset.
I’ve been at the end of August before - is it similar to that? We normally do mid day breaks during anytime if year. We just need that little nap to recharge to stay out late!

We were originally scheduled 6/6-6/14 with a 1 day college tour at UCF for my DD. We rescheduled to 8/16-8/22. Now looking unlikely that will happen as our schools announced yesterday they are out for the remainder of this school year, but considering the possibility of starting the new school year 8/1. Just sitting in limbo now unsure what to do.

We were originally scheduled 6/6-6/14 with a 1 day college tour at UCF for my DD. We rescheduled to 8/16-8/22. Now looking unlikely that will happen as our schools announced yesterday they are out for the remainder of this school year, but considering the possibility of starting the new school year 8/1. Just sitting in limbo now unsure what to do.
I would make a decision in July - so many changes happen every single week! You just never know what next month or 2 months from now will look.

I’ve been at the end of August before - is it similar to that? We normally do mid day breaks during anytime if year. We just need that little nap to recharge to stay out late!

They are pretty similar, in my limited experience at least. You have a better chance of tropical storms in August/ September but I think it’s a great time to visit. We actually have a trip planned starting 8/29 as well.

They are pretty similar, in my limited experience at least. You have a better chance of tropical storms in August/ September but I think it’s a great time to visit. We actually have a trip planned starting 8/29 as well.
Yes - we we’re there last year during Dorian! We flew out before it hit, but it was so nerve wracking!

We’re looking forward to our July trip, and may push it back more depending on when Disney opens. We have APs that we’d be using during the “extension” period.

Hi all, I'll join in! We had a trip late July to early August but I've been feeling more and more nervous about July, so we backed it up a week or so to be fully in August. I'm on my way over to the July board to sign off and then onto the August board to sign in. Sad to lose the dining reservations we'd had set up, but hopefully we'll find some good replacements. Fingers crossed we can all take our Summer 2020 trips!!

Hi all, I'll join in! We had a trip late July to early August but I've been feeling more and more nervous about July, so we backed it up a week or so to be fully in August. I'm on my way over to the July board to sign off and then onto the August board to sign in. Sad to lose the dining reservations we'd had set up, but hopefully we'll find some good replacements. Fingers crossed we can all take our Summer 2020 trips!!
I’m hopeful for a July opening!! And good luck with your dining - Fingers crossed you get everything you want!

I'll join in here too! We were supposed to go on a Disney cruise for Spring Break/DS's 18th birthday followed by some time in WDW. Rebooked for Memorial weekend and backed that up with a June 6-13th trip; haven't cancelled either and won't until Disney does. We've had our July 4-9th trip booked since the end of 2019 and while I'm really hoping for at least 2 of these trips I'll be happy with July! We do have a Sept. trip booked but our 2 youngest won't be with us so I really want at least July to happen for them. September is with our oldest DS, DDIL and our DGD for her and DDIL's first trip!

We just got word that our company trip to WDW has been cancelled; it was scheduled for August 1-7; :mad: We are now debating on still going anyway as we have flights booked already. Need to start looking at where to stay.

June and July trips scheduled here. And maybe August too for a quick MNSSHP trip. 8-)

We’ll keep monitoring/rescheduling when/if needed based on conditions - those conditions being a mix of Disney’s plans, overall medical guidelines/recommendations, and our household’s mood on discretionary spending. Fortunately APs and room only reservations allow for maximum planning flexibility with little downside.

We usually fly to WDW but will probably opt to drive for the time being. More due to reigning in spending than for virus reasons.

But generally speaking, if they’re open, we’ll be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter