Summer Fashion trends?

amberpi

DIS Veteran
I'm going threw the closets and winter/summer clothes this weekend for the whole family. What great trends are you seeing for the summer? Time to figure out what we all need for the summer and vacation and I've got birthdays and mother day gifts to buy.

The cute espadrille sandals, with the ankle straps that are out now. I bought a pair Saturday. yay! I also where what I like - and I like a trendy piece thrown in here and there. If you think about it....pretty much EVERYONE is a wear what I like type, why would you wear something you don't like? Trendy or not?

I've been seeing a lot of neon and bike shorts for summer. Also a lot of "camp" themed clothing.

I wear what I like and it is all things I have had for years.

Don't pay attention to what others are wearing.

I've been seeing quite a few tops that tie in a knot at the hem, does that make sense? Are the cold shoulder tops still a thing? Honestly, whenever I see these trends, I purposely avoid them and go out of my way not to buy them. I don't want to look like everyone else. I wasn't always that way. This is going to date me, but I remember being a teenager back in the 80s. I was all about those stirrup pants! I also had several of those bodysuits that were big back in the early 90s.

I've been seeing quite a few tops that tie in a knot at the hem, does that make sense? Are the cold shoulder tops still a thing? Honestly, whenever I see these trends, I purposely avoid them and go out of my way not to buy them. I don't want to look like everyone else. I wasn't always that way. This is going to date me, but I remember being a teenager back in the 80s. I was all about those stirrup pants! I also had several of those bodysuits that were big back in the early 90s.
Yes - those are everywhere and I'm pleased. It's a flattering shape on me. I'm short and shirt-type tops are always too long, I've been belting them or knotting them forever and it's way nicer when they're actually designed with the "tails". :thumbsup2

I don't totally avoid trends on principle but I won't wear things that really don't suit me. Cold-shoulder is a good example. :sad2: They look great on some people, not on me, and the few I bought have barely been worn. What I love instead is the 3/4 length bell sleeve; such a pretty, feminine touch. It's waning but I hope pieces with that detail are still available for another season or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter