Summer fun. Hopefully

There are two different types of fast lane. Fast Lane and Fast Lane +

FL is all rides minus the top 3, FL + is all rides and costs more than FL

We wanted to ride Thunder Run and Wonder Garden Mountain. We didn't see a fastlane for those so I guess there wasn't one. We did use it on Backlot Stunt Coaster a couple times. But Behemoth and Leviathan were too big for us. I had paid for the fastlane plus but obviously didn't need it for what we liked :)

It was a fun enough day but I don't think we will be back.

We wanted to ride Thunder Run and Wonder Garden Mountain. We didn't see a fastlane for those so I guess there wasn't one. We did use it on Backlot Stunt Coaster a couple times. But Behemoth and Leviathan were too big for us. I had paid for the fastlane plus but obviously didn't need it for what we liked :)

They have never had Fastlane on those 2 coasters due to capacity issues with them.

Its sad to hear you wouldn't go back. What was it that you didn't like?

They have never had Fastlane on those 2 coasters due to capacity issues with them.

Its sad to hear you wouldn't go back. What was it that you didn't like?

I think it was just that most of the rides were too much for us, yet kiddo is too big for the smallest rides, and I was finding I was getting nauseous on the fast ones we did. We did enjoy the water raft ride, and I tried to get him to go on without me but he wasn't up for it, even if I went through the lines with him. The one boat/splash ride? That was wet! Some kids stood on the path over it when the next raft went down and got drenched. It was funny. I did like the locker things they had at the rides, to drop your stuff.

Maybe if he had a friend to go on the rides? Or we lived closer? But it wasn't inexpensive.

I think it was just that most of the rides were too much for us, yet kiddo is too big for the smallest rides, and I was finding I was getting nauseous on the fast ones we did. We did enjoy the water raft ride, and I tried to get him to go on without me but he wasn't up for it, even if I went through the lines with him. The one boat/splash ride? That was wet! Some kids stood on the path over it when the next raft went down and got drenched. It was funny. I did like the locker things they had at the rides, to drop your stuff.

Maybe if he had a friend to go on the rides? Or we lived closer? But it wasn't inexpensive.
It's too bad but it's understandable. If you're mostly used to Disney type rides, Wonderland ones will be overwhelming.

Yukon Striker and Leviathan are 2 of the best rides in the park. It's too bad you skipped them.

Yeah wonderland is definitely more about thrill rides. When we go the kids go those and my husband and I hang out and chat. As a family we all love the raft ride though. We laugh over who gets soaked and who doesn’t.

It's too bad but it's understandable. If you're mostly used to Disney type rides, Wonderland ones will be overwhelming.

Yukon Striker and Leviathan are 2 of the best rides in the park. It's too bad you skipped them.

Kiddo was all excited to go on everything and then he saw them lol. He is very cautious, and they were very high up.

Kiddo was all excited to go on everything and then he saw them lol. He is very cautious, and they were very high up.

I don’t blame him! I haven’t gone on Leviathan yet and don‘t plan to. I went on Behemoth a couple of years ago due to peer pressure and never again lol. The whole time I was worried I would fall out. I’m getting too old...

In hindsight we should have warned you to go on Thunder Run or the Bat first, as both have the single coaster and wait times never go down. Silver Streak can also have long wait times, but it goes a bit faster as the ride is much shorter.

Personally, I find that the "Big 3" coasters are easier to ride than things like Flight Deck, Dragon Fyre and Time Warp, as my head doesn't rattle against the shoulder restraints.

With that said, I can appreciate someone looking at one of the Big 3 and going "yeah no".

In hindsight we should have warned you to go on Thunder Run or the Bat first, as both have the single coaster and wait times never go down. Silver Streak can also have long wait times, but it goes a bit faster as the ride is much shorter.

Personally, I find that the "Big 3" coasters are easier to ride than things like Flight Deck, Dragon Fyre and Time Warp, as my head doesn't rattle against the shoulder restraints.

With that said, I can appreciate someone looking at one of the Big 3 and going "yeah no".
We did get one go on Thunder Run at the start, didn't realize it would get so busy and we wouldn't get a second chance. We did the Fly, which I remember doing 18 ish years ago with my then boyfriends daughter, he wouldn't go and she was upset, so I rode with her. Just as bad this time lol. My son liked it, said it reminded him of Primeval Whirl which was his favourite ride before they closed it. I guess we didn't really need the fastlane but we wouldn't have ridden the Stunt coaster twice if we didn't have it so who knows.

We did get one go on Thunder Run at the start, didn't realize it would get so busy and we wouldn't get a second chance. We did the Fly, which I remember doing 18 ish years ago with my then boyfriends daughter, he wouldn't go and she was upset, so I rode with her. Just as bad this time lol. My son liked it, said it reminded him of Primeval Whirl which was his favourite ride before they closed it. I guess we didn't really need the fastlane but we wouldn't have ridden the Stunt coaster twice if we didn't have it so who knows.
Did you get on Vortex at all? Its one of the best coasters in the park and is very family friendly.

I can't believe how excited I am to go to Toronto for two nights, even though I will be driving (and I hate driving). Is it weird I am looking forward to staying in a hotel? I'm going to pretend it's Animal Kingdom (Toronto Zoo) and hmm Magic Kingdom (Wonderland)? Yeah... that's it. We'll stop at the Vaughan Mall to go to the Disney Store. So excited.

We may go to Mont Cascades next week as well, we've never been and want to compare it to Calypso, it is certainly cheaper! Waiting for the forecast to book a day that will be warm.
I am so sad that Cascades had a fire :( Its perfect for my six year old since he is hit or miss what he will ride that is more thrilling and its cheaper so I feel like I wont "waste" my money if only wants to stick to one section.

Is wonderland worth it if you dont like thrill rides? This is why my Dad and I loved Disney. Neither or us like thrill rides.

Is wonderland worth it if you dont like thrill rides? This is why my Dad and I loved Disney. Neither or us like thrill rides.
Only if you're into water parks, as Splash Works is pretty good. Or if you've got little ones, as it's a good kids area (although I'd suggest Centreville as an alternative)

Otherwise, you're pretty much there for the coasters.

Ok so we hit up Splash Works @ Wonderland today (Saturday) Here's my mini-report.

- The waterpark opens from 12-6, but you can get into the park proper at 10, as it used to be. But we opted for brunch before heading out instead.
- At the Splash Works entrance they scan your card/ticket and give you a wristband to wear.
- Masks are not required when you are walking around or waiting to get on a slide.
- Muskoka Chairs have social distancing markers on some of them.
- waterpark seems a lot less crowded. We set up in our usual shaded spot on one of the lawns, and didn't get the expected crush of people as the day progressed
- Lazy river was the only closed ride
- lines were generally shorter and moved much faster than in years past.
- the cliff jump is new. You can't wear jewellery of any kind for the jump.
- I did the 5m jump. Quite the rush. But would recommend plugging your nose on the way down. And pointing your toes. Definitely try to finish as vertical as possible. As I was heading in someone jumped from the 7.5m ledge and landed with a loud "slap" that could not have felt good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter