Summer heat vs Spring Break end of March crowds?

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
Post menopause heat sufferer and thyroid low energy speaking here.

We are bringing out 12 yr old grandson and normally would do early summer but the last grand in June....good lawd, it was torture for me.

We are familiar with every single month except August and March. I've been there in crowds and create a meticulous strategy but is it really awful? Compared to the crippling heat and humidity? Please help me decide!

I can fell your pain, I have been there every month and the heat never bothered me until good old menopause visited. I actually carried around an old fashioned cheap Japanese type open close fan with me, it helps.

To answer your question, I guess it would depend on your crowd tolerance. March is certainly cooler and not as rainy. Spring break isn't as crowded as say Christmas so if you can tolerate that time, you can tolerate spring break.

Also curious about this answer. For my planning, flights and lodging in March are MUCH more expensive than early May....... so I'm hoping early May heat is tolerable.

My husband found the spring break crowds at WDW to be awful, but I don't remember them to be intolerable.

We have visited in mid-March (although it’s been a while) and the crowds were significant but not overwhelming IMHO. The weather was fine although chilly in the evenings.

We visited at the end of April last year and had glorious weather and low crowds. But a few days after we left it became quite humid. We do like May and the Garden & Flower Festival is fantastic.

Other than August last year we generally go in late March, early April during our Spring Break. I found that the crowds are a lot bigger during the Spring Break time but the parks also extended their hours more. Although the weather was hot, I'm from Michigan, it was easier to handle than the August heat. Also less rain. We always have a good plan and manage to do what we want despite the crowds. When we went in August we adjusted the way we tour with more mid day breaks. It also rained almost every day in the afternoon so it was a good time to break. We also did a couple of the EMM's and the AK after hours which were all wonderful. I am in my late 50's and not a lover of the extreme heat. I did find that a small fan and a cooling towel really helped when we went in August. I am planning on going during both times again this year and will be prepared.

I would pick March every single time over going in the summer. I find it much easier to plan and navigate crowds than to be completely miserable in the heat and humidity. My whole family seems to be much happier when the weather is nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter