Summer Jobs?

Lola

<font color=blue>I will not gain the Freshmen 15!<
What's everyone doing about working over the summer? This past summer, my dad was able to get me a job where he worked. I was supposed to go back during winter break, but for whatever reason, my boss never got her act together, and I've been home... and poor. So this evening, my mom told me not to count on working there over the summer... And I'm back to where I started last summer.

There's always the store or restaurant thing... Ehh, at least it's money. There's also a new advertising firm place in my town - but I don't remember the phone number or website... If I find out that information, maybe I can intern there, and be offered a job when I get out of school.

What are you doing? Got any out of the ordinary ideas? I'd love you forever if you did! puckerup:

well, I'll be at WDW doing the CP. I did work for a temp agency. You show up, take a few tests (like seeing if you can sort in alphabetical order and typing tests) and they find a job for you. It might not last long, but at least it's work.

I am going to try and intern at a law firm this summer.
Last summer I worked in the sales office at my local Holiday Inn.
I am pretty much always working in a hotel over the summer.

i was just laid off my full time job which is fine with me cause it was really hard to go to school full time and work full time i was planning on leaving before this next semester started anyways... but now im in a pickle cause i was laid off right before the holidays but im hoping to get a job on campus but who knows i wont find that out for another week i wish i could go back to florida for the summer for the CP but i doubt id be able to i have to make up a couple classes anyways so im pretty much not getting a summer break which is a bummer

I work at a movie theatre, I'm a projectionist!

Although, I am considerign a trip to WDW for the summer to work again!

Jungle Josh

I work as a PA in a football club during the holidays. The hours are completely evil, but I did make enough to pay off my debts and go to DLP last summer, so I can't complain. I got that job through a temp agency, it's definately worth registering with a few in April or May.

I got another job working in a bar, just by phoning around a few local places, but I hated it, too many late nights chasing drunks around, on ridiculous pay :rolleyes:

I work in a major department store as an on-call associate during the year and the summertime. Basically, I call them up, pick what days and shifts I want, and that's it! It is an extremely flexible position because depending on my schedule, I can work more or less at any given time. This summer I won't be working because I'm shipping back out to IL, interviewing for teaching positions, planning, and enjoying my last summer before entering "the real world!"

I'm a lifeguard during the summer. Its hot and very boring, but most of the people are nice and my co-workers are great.

I worked on the boardwalk since I was 15, so I will going back there this summer. I am a server/assistant manager at a restaurant on the beach. It's a great restaurant and a great job. Nothing like being on the beach in the summer!

I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Last summer I worked at a few soccer camps since they were desperate for help, so if they ask me again, I'd consider doing it. I'd like to work at some sort of camp so I can work with kids. :D

I work in a physical therapy clinic as an assistant.... also known as cleaning, filing, answering phones and helping patients with exercises. It's nice because I learn a lot from the therapists and how they approach different injuries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter