Summer Magic

Bill007

Mouseketeer
Has anyone else seen the movie Summer Magic? I watched it last night. It was pretty good but I feel it ended too abruptly and we don't really know for sure what ended up happening to the family and if they got to stay in the yellow house. There were a few loose ends which needed tying up. Opinions? Thoughts?

One of my favorite Haley Mills. Reminds me it is time for me to have another Haley Mills marathon day: Summer Magic, Pollyanna, That Darn Cat, Parent Trap and In Search of the Castaways.

One of my favorite Haley Mills. Reminds me it is time for me to have another Haley Mills marathon day: Summer Magic, Pollyanna, That Darn Cat, Parent Trap and In Search of the Castaways.
She may not have been a strong singer but as an actress she was almost the "Pink of Perfection"!

I agree that the ending felt a little rushed. The movie up to that point had a certain rhythm to it, and then it’s like they sped it up. I always wondered if it was because of the total running length. What would have been OK to cut to add another ten minutes to the end? I am not sure.

I do enjoy the movie though and always got a smile on my face when the medley of songs would play on Main Street.

As a kid Summer Magic and Parent Trap were my favorites. I remember writing an essay in 2nd grade that the person I wanted to meet the most was Haley Mills. This was like 1986...

I too have always felt that the ending was rushed. Did Nancy end up with the guy? Did the cousin stay with the handsome new school teacher? What happened????

I haven't seen Summer Magic, at least not that I can remember, but I did recently watch The Moon-Spinners with Haley, and it was great! These are the kinds of movies I really hope get put on D+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!