Summer of Heroes - June 2017 Lifestyle/Weight loss Challenge

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the June 2017 WISH lifestyle/ weight challenge thread!

images

This month we will focus on - whatever we want, and whatever we need to, to make things happen!

maxresdefault.jpg

So come on in, claim your spot as we make a fresh start this summer!

Last edited:
All our welcome to join in!

How does it work? You pick a goal, any goal (some examples are weight loss, daily steps, water intake). Then keep track of your progress throughout the month. You can share as little or as much as you want. On Mondays, if you choose to post your percentage, I will post everyone's result.

Share your progress with us along the way and watch the color of your name change throughout the month!
PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL

1% -10%
11% - 20%
21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%
100% OR MORE!

During the week I and @piglet1979 will post questions to help you think about your journey and hopefully inspire you to become a new you.

I'm in... partially... Are part-time heroes allowed? ;D

We depart for our trip on the 23rd, at which point I will be abandoning the light and going to the dark side for a couple of weeks-- all the best heroes do, but we always come back eventually--sadder, but wiser and more interesting as characters.

My goal for the next 3-ish weeks is 3lb, with a close-out date of the 22nd. I have lost 17% of my body weight since the beginning of this year and last month hit "overweight," which is more than I'd hoped to accomplish before the trip, honestly... but since I've got a little more time to go, 3 more lbs would make it a perfect 40lbs lost for the trip. We had a rash of celebrations in May, but I think things should be fairly quiet for the next 3 weeks, so I am hopeful I can do this.

Yes please, this will be great
:)

I think I will stick to super hero picture, daily fun question and daily health & fitness topic! Don't expect much in terms of theme! :)

Last edited:
ok I think I can make it in this month! life has been c-r-a-z-y and I wont' bore you with the same story, different chapters. My goal for this month is to get my steps in 4 days a week and workout 3 days a week.

I'm in. Goal is to walk/run at least two miles at least 4 days a week.

Long term goal: 2018 Princess Half Marathon to finish in 3:00 or less

Last edited:
Love the theme!!

My goal for June is 4 lbs down. It's modest but I'm still getting used to the changes in my eating habits and I don't want to feel overwhelmed (because that's when I'm most likely to give up).

Happy (almost) June everyone!

Happy 1st of June!

The-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Plot-Details.jpg

Question of the day - Introduce yourself, tell us about your goals for this month, your long term goals, and your strategy

Monthly goal notes - Smart model
· Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
· Measurable
· Achievable
· Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced).
· Time bound

I like adding behavior goals, as sometimes the scale takes time to reflect the effort and if you are doing your best, it's all that you can do anyway!

Long term goals

Decide What You Really Want. Most people set up too aggressive monthly goals, and underestimate what can be achieved in longer period of time. I often in the past focused on short term goal without having a long term vision of how I want to live and who I want to be. Achieving specific weight by vacation, having no long term plan, forgetting balance on vacation, feeling terrible after. I think if you honestly ask what do I really want, the answer will be way more than I want be x weight. I want to be healthy, confident, energetic, I want to be able to do things I like doing, I want to wake up in good form, to enjoy my food but not have it center of my life, to enjoy the way I move. In 20 years still enjoying theme parks, beach walks and yoga. I want to be great example for my son and hopefully fit to enjoy grandchildren and be good example for them one day too.

Spend few minutes visualizing what your life will be and all the things you will do after practicing your healthy living for years.
Define a compelling future, because whatever you focus on, you move towards.

Repeats don’t think about the color blue, don’t think about the color blue, don’t think about the color blue. All you can think of is the color blue! Having the compelling vision to refer to will make it easier to do the things when your motivation runs low

Tell us about your short term (monthly) goals.
Give yourself long term vision!
Focus on what you want!

Have a super healthy and happy 1st of June all! Make it your month!

Last edited:
I'm in... partially... Are part-time heroes allowed? ;D

We depart for our trip on the 23rd, at which point I will be abandoning the light and going to the dark side for a couple of weeks-- all the best heroes do, but we always come back eventually--sadder, but wiser and more interesting as characters.

My goal for the next 3-ish weeks is 3lb, with a close-out date of the 22nd. I have lost 17% of my body weight since the beginning of this year and last month hit "overweight," which is more than I'd hoped to accomplish before the trip, honestly... but since I've got a little more time to go, 3 more lbs would make it a perfect 40lbs lost for the trip. We had a rash of celebrations in May, but I think things should be fairly quiet for the next 3 weeks, so I am hopeful I can do this.

Yes, sure! I am only here for the first 20 days too! Well done, this is impressive loss. I love how reasonable your goals are - you have great attitude!

ok I think I can make it in this month! life has been c-r-a-z-y and I wont' bore you with the same story, different chapters. My goal for this month is to get my steps in 4 days a week and workout 3 days a week.

We are here for you if you need to share a story, but in the end there is no point repeating a story you don't see benefit repeating. It only matters what you do now :)

Love the theme!!

My goal for June is 4 lbs down. It's modest but I'm still getting used to the changes in my eating habits and I don't want to feel overwhelmed (because that's when I'm most likely to give up).

Happy (almost) June everyone!

Imagine 4 lbs of butter! This is not a modest goal at all, you are so right in implementing changes slowly and taking your time to adjust! You got this

My goals

Not gain weight in California
go back to maintaining until May 2018, continuing my workouts, tracking but in winter mode walks

Strategy - do as good as I can each day, as often I eat up my calories just because my burn is high lately. Review how is it working every 5 days and adjust plan if needed. Hit the gym 5 times weekly.

I can do it.

Last edited:
I am Stephanie. I am 37 and have been married for 12 years and have 2 awesome kids (DS 11 and DD is almost 10). After I had the kids life got a little crazy and I stopped focusing on me. Having the kids so close together was rough but is great now. They are very close and do almost everything together. They act more like twins.

As I got older and started working at a desk job the weight seemed to just kept going up. When I started to lose weight January of 2016 I weighed more then I did pregnant by like 30 pounds. This is when I said enough is enough I needed to lose this weight. I am around 10 pounds lost now.

My short term goal is to be down to 120 pounds by the time we go on our Disney cruise in August of 2018. I have over a year. I can do this.

Long term goal is that I want to stay healthy so I can live long and be around for my kids and grandkids and maybe even great grandkids. I would love to be able to travel like my grandparents. They are getting close to 80 but are still very active and travel all the time. They act more like they are 60.

I think I will have 2 goals this month. I need to get back to tracking my food. This will be goal 1 - Track my food for all 30 days of June. Goal 2 will be to lose 4 pounds. This will be a tough goal but if I get my workouts in and track my food I should have no problem.

I am in again! Reading and thinking about this journey everyday is keeping me so on track right now, so I'm keeping it going.

Same goal as last month - 12 classes at Orangetheory. I will also be eating sensibly (not tracking though). I am finding that if I keep my body moving, I can trust the work. My body is taking care of the weight loss, slowly but surely. I just have to keep moving and keep away from too much dairy, fats, and sweets!

I feel like I am practicing right now for the future I want. I want to eat sensibly without tracking every mouthful, but stay active enough to maintain my best weight. Right now, I am exercising 3-4 times per week, eating sensibly, and still loosing weight. Once I get to where my body settles at a weight where I can maintain that lifestyle, I think I want to reel it in a little on HIIT workouts and incorporate other types. This is my exercise vision for my maintenance mode -- one strength & cardio training day, a dance based class day, and a yoga day per week -- and then eating sensibly to maintain. Nothing insane... things I enjoy... totally manageable. My goals right now are a means to that end in that obviously I want to loose weight faster than my maintenance vision would allow, but also I need to build up strength and muscle and most of all create the routine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!