Summer Vacation Time - San Diego, Hotel Del Coronado, Catalina, and of course DL

One of the great things about coming home is that my wife starts working on the video of the trip. She is the GURU and will record several hours (probably like over 8+ hrs) of family vacation time. Forgive me if I've already mentioned this. We have been not only taking photos all these years but shooting video as well. She is amazing at it. Whenever we are feeling down and really needing our Disney fix we will pull out these videos. It has been known that when times are bleak or maybe its just a gray or snowy cold day we do an all day family vacation video day. Its wonderful to relive memories and see how much we've all grown. She will put it to such awesome music as well. I've requested from her that this be a longer video this time around since it will be such a long time before we get to go again. She is currently still working on it.

The last night was alot of fun. We ended up in mainstreet about where the cinema is to watch the fireworks. The kids did a little more shopping and pin collecting. They all have shadowboxes of several Disney pins. From pins from WDW to DL and ones they have collected from other Disney fans while in the parks. We usually try to find one special gift that we can use for Christmas time or sneak some gifts to give the kids for Christmas or a birthday upcoming but no such luck this time around. We had a great vacation and it was fun sharing it with you all. Thanks for sticking around one last time. This will be the last official entry. I've leave you with two handheld shots. I didn't bring the tripod so my night shots were pretty bad. Oh well hopefully next time. Thanks again everyone. See you all on the Disboards and more on the pic of the day thread!

IMG_7061_zps1082c8ee.jpg

Farewell

IMG_7068_zps5ad9f539.jpg

Mike - stinkin' great shots as always.

So sad :sad1:.....your TR has come to an end. You know how you sit around and have family holiday video time? I sit in around and go and lurk on someone else's TRs on the Dis. It's been fantastic seeing the park from your perspective and the end of your camera lenses. Thanks for sharing.

May there be many more vacays for you...and may they include Disney. Remember....there is Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo (and Shanghai to come) castles to shoot out there. :thumbsup2

Catch you round the Dis.

princess::upsidedow

Mike, thanks for taking us along on your travels, I've truly loved reading your trip report.

They say all good things must come to an end........................so glad that you and your family had such a wonderful time. I can tell from the way you write, that Disneyland really is a special place for you all. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that other families out there feel the same as us!

Thanks for taking us all on your journey and thanks so much for your wonderful pics. You have inspired this Aussie for sure.:thumbsup2

And what a wonderful pic to finish with!:goodvibes

Take care:)

Mike - stinkin' great shots as always.

So sad :sad1:.....your TR has come to an end. You know how you sit around and have family holiday video time? I sit in around and go and lurk on someone else's TRs on the Dis. It's been fantastic seeing the park from your perspective and the end of your camera lenses. Thanks for sharing.

May there be many more vacays for you...and may they include Disney. Remember....there is Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo (and Shanghai to come) castles to shoot out there. :thumbsup2

Catch you round the Dis.

princess::upsidedow

Not sure I will every make it Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. I can dream right? Thanks so much for following along and giving this trip report life. Its much appreciated.

Mike, thanks for taking us along on your travels, I've truly loved reading your trip report.

Thanks Mikey, I'm counting on a trip report from you after your vacation in a week! I need something to look forward to! No pressure.:lmao:

They say all good things must come to an end........................so glad that you and your family had such a wonderful time. I can tell from the way you write, that Disneyland really is a special place for you all. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that other families out there feel the same as us!

Thanks for taking us all on your journey and thanks so much for your wonderful pics. You have inspired this Aussie for sure.:thumbsup2

And what a wonderful pic to finish with!:goodvibes

Take care:)

Thanks Minnie Sue Oz. Thanks for the comments on the last photo. Even if it was very blurry and out of focus I will take your kind comments.

See you around the Disboards.

You sure ended on an up note. I always enjoy your pictures but my favorite is the Main Street Cinema followed by Monstro and then the one through the door.

Oh, your secret is safe with me ;)

I know how you feel about the nostalgia and feelings evoked at DL - my happiest place on earth too. On our last trip we ended each day riding Soarin'.

I'm glad your wife is making the DVD of your trip. What a wonderful remembrance for you and your family.

Good thing we have DIS friends who continue to go to DL and are kind enough to do trip reports when they return. I think reports like yours bring back memories of our own trips and it is great to see the parks from another perspective.

I'll have to keep a look out for I'm Mikey's TR. I'm not always good about looking for new threads. I am really having fun lurking on the picture of the day thread.

Your next trip will be here before you know it!

Cheers!
TK

You sure ended on an up note. I always enjoy your pictures but my favorite is the Main Street Cinema followed by Monstro and then the one through the door.

Oh, your secret is safe with me ;)

I know how you feel about the nostalgia and feelings evoked at DL - my happiest place on earth too. On our last trip we ended each day riding Soarin'.

I'm glad your wife is making the DVD of your trip. What a wonderful remembrance for you and your family.

Good thing we have DIS friends who continue to go to DL and are kind enough to do trip reports when they return. I think reports like yours bring back memories of our own trips and it is great to see the parks from another perspective.

I'll have to keep a look out for I'm Mikey's TR. I'm not always good about looking for new threads. I am really having fun lurking on the picture of the day thread.

Your next trip will be here before you know it!

Cheers!
TK

Thanks TK. See your around the Dis!

How heart felt!!! you wrote an astonishing report. :cloud9:
i hope you get to go back sooner then later with your amazing family!
your pictures are definitely book worthy! Stop selling yourself short!!! :thumbsup2

Chicago is very expensive, great place to visit, delish food, fabulous place for pictures, not so good on residency! :lmao: Can't wait to be able to move!!

Oooh, can't wait to get caught up from where I left off.

I'll be back!

How heart felt!!! you wrote an astonishing report. :cloud9:
i hope you get to go back sooner then later with your amazing family!
your pictures are definitely book worthy! Stop selling yourself short!!! :thumbsup2

Chicago is very expensive, great place to visit, delish food, fabulous place for pictures, not so good on residency! :lmao: Can't wait to be able to move!!

Thanks Chicago Mo for all the kind support all this time.

Can't wait to move??? Where would you like to head?

How about one more random since we're kind of lingering on here?? Hope there's no objections?
(I don't think I've shared this one yet....)

IMG_4159-1.jpg

How about one more random since we're kind of lingering on here?? Hope there's no objections?
(I don't think I've shared this one yet....)

IMG_4159-1.jpg

That's a trick question, right? At the very least....it's gotta be a rhetorical question!!

:thumbsup2

Thanks Chicago Mo for all the kind support all this time.

Can't wait to move??? Where would you like to head?

I'd love to see the videos!? Remember the Wolfs dance to Disney videos??? I can see your family doing the same!! ha!

East sounds great!! have to look into where politics didn't kill the financial state! :rotfl2: Like Chicago is at the moment, and not seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel!!! :rolleyes1 the crime here is out of control. Would like to go somewhere i am not paying an arm and leg for grammar school, property taxes. High school?!? can't think of that right now... Public schooling here is out of the question.

Oh no your report is over?!?! Well Mike thanks for taking us along for the ride. It was great and your pictures are absolutely beautiful. I started reading your report before my family's first DLR trip this past August (it got me even more excited!). I had planned on posting a short summary of our trip but I still have not! So while we were sad to leave DLR and my brother's family, I have enjoyed your trip updates since our return.

Oh both my kids are in college - one a senior and the other a sophomore. We have still managed a family summer vacation so far. Who knows what the future will hold for vacations as a family, but we made some great memories on our DLR one!

Take care,
Kerry

I'd love to see the videos!? Remember the Wolfs dance to Disney videos??? I can see your family doing the same!! ha!

East sounds great!! have to look into where politics didn't kill the financial state! :rotfl2: Like Chicago is at the moment, and not seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel!!! :rolleyes1 the crime here is out of control. Would like to go somewhere i am not paying an arm and leg for grammar school, property taxes. High school?!? can't think of that right now... Public schooling here is out of the question.

It would be fun to share for sure but not sure the family would be up for it. We are fairly private people. I have to be careful on how many family shots I share. I really like the Wolf Dance videos. He does a great job on them. I wonder what they are up to lately? My wife does a wonderful job as well. She has come up with some unique songs and video recordings. She really pours her heart into it.

Sounds like Chicago is going through some difficult times? That's sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter