Summer's Planning Journal 08/20 Update 08/10/07

Summer-Caitlin

DIS Veteran
It seems that most people have started one of these, and as I think it's a great idea, I figured I'd join suit.

We are getting married on August 17th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, we aren't having a reception as such as it is just the 2 of us (so far) The initial plan was to go on to Victoria and Alberts but after hearing so much about the Chefs Table I have decided that I will just keep trying for that regardless as to whether I get in on our Wedding day or not. So at the moment we haven't really decided on where we will have our Wedding day meal.

For the gown, I will likely buy online from the States as it is so much cheaper than buying a dress here. I am going to wait until Feb before I seriously look into it though as I still need to lose weight.

Today I received a demo Wedding DVD from Focused on Forever, there brochure looks wonderful and I'm sure the DVD is amazing, but the price is way too high for me. The smallest package they offer is The Essentials Collection which is 8hrs coverage. As I am only having an Intimate, likely just my fiance and I, 8 hrs is way too much. The price is $1800, and although I have no doubt it would be terrific, I have no doubt I will go with someone else.

I have sent off the signed contract to Randy Chapman, stating what I want, and I've sent off full payment :woohoo:

I have sent countless emails to the videographers that I am still awaiting DVDs from, I'd like to get something booked this month.

I have printed off the contract for Rev Randall Miller and I am going down to the Travel Agents to get Travellers Cheques to send him payment in full.

On Wednesday last week I sent off my Disney contract, so I'm just waiting on word from Tanis :bitelip:

I also contacted Beauty Speciale and got them to book me in earlier for my hair and make up. They were coming at 08.00am for a 10.00am Wedding, but they are now coming at 07.00am due to stated Disney contract times.

All sounds good and gosh aren't wedding dresses cheaper in the States than here, so that would be a great plan and ohhh the Chef's table I would sooo love to do that sometime :teeth:

Summer-Caitlin said:
I have printed off the contract for Rev Randall Miller and I am going down to the Travel Agents to get Travellers Cheques to send him payment in full.

I was just wondering what made you choose Rev Miller? I was looking into using him as well, but he seems to charge around $100 more than everyone else. Just curious :sunny:

Tiggerific04 - We have chosen Rev Miller because firstly he was recommended by another poster on these boards but also when I visited his website and we received his email, I just knew straight away he was the right one for us. Some people you just get a vibe from :goodvibes , and he is one of these people I guess. It's Tinkerbelle14 that recommended him, and she sold him perfectly to me.

Steph11787 said:
What is the Chef's Table?

The Chef's table is at Victoria and Albert's at the GF. There is an actual private table in the kitchen, where the chef's prepare an assortment of food. You can also add the wine pairing to it. I think it runs about $200 per person if you add the wine pairing. My parents did it for their 35th wedding anniversary. They said it was absolutely amazing and definitely worth every penny. I've been looking into it for our Disneymoon. We'll see if they actually have anything available.

Update so far....

My mum is coming to my Wedding :banana: I am going down to the Travels Agents tomorrow to confirm and pay the deposit. She is coming for a week as she doesn't want to stay the whole 3 weeks, plus she wants us to have time alone. It's great we managed to come to a compromise :goodvibes

I am still waiting on my DVD from Orlando Wedding Films :sad2: It's been about 3 weeks now, am getting rather anxious as I'd really like to get this booked and out of the way.

My wedding contract has been received by Tanis and my Wedding Website is up.

I have paid off Randy Chapman in full :cheer2:

I have paid off Rev Randal Miller in full :cheer2:

All in all I think everything is going to plan and ahead of shedule, I think.

Well it's been ages since I posted in my planning journal, so I thought I'd better revisit and update.

I have done loads and I am really sorry for not keeping this up to date.

I am a planner by nature and can become obsessive about things and our Wedding and Honeymoon is definately one of those things.

My wedding dress might be ordered here now, here is a pic of a dress I have found and fallen in love with:

759.jpg

I can't find a better image that I can post, it's an EddyK dress, here is the proper link where you can see the dress in full

http://www.eddyk.it/scelta.asp?id=2

My flowers are Callalillies, red and white

So far.....

Day of wedding plan

Our Wedding is booked for August 17th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point and the deposit is paid:banana: Our Wedding is at 10.00am.
I have Beauty Speciale coming at 06.00am to do my hair and make up and my mum's in her room. Luckily my fiance can sleep in as he doesn't need loads of time. I am definately having my hair down and I'm thinking flicks or ringlets. I saw this pic which I really like:
new.jpg

I am also having false eyelashes. I'm a girl who loves her eye makeup so I thought I'd splurge.
I still need to contact Carolyn Allens for dress steaming.
Randy Chapman is due to get some pics before the ceremony at SBP. I will not see my fiance before the Wedding and Disney has agreed to make this possible.

STVS will also be there and we have booked the Intimate Stylized Package. Yesterday I sent in our choice of songs for the DVD. For the Pre Ceremony which will be stylized we have chosen 'Truly, Madly, Deeply' by Savage Garden. This song means alot to us, funnily enough because of Dawsons Creek:lmao: For anyone that has seen it, we are Pacey and Joey and this song often played in Dawsons. If you listen to the lyrics, it's a perfect Wedding song. For the Ceremony which is Classic, we have chosen 'Ready To Fly' by Richard Marx. He is my favourite singer and the lyrics and very fitting. For our final song which will be the stylized retrospective, we have chosen 'So Unbelievable mix' by Craig David. Perfect lyrics again and very upbeat so great for quick cuts etc. We now need to decide on the custom opening.
Randall Miller is our officiant.
After the cake cutting etc we are due to head over to The Grand Floridian for more pictures with Randy.
For lunch we are going to The Grand Floridian Cafe.
After this we will go back to the hotel for a rest as we will have about 4 hours or so before we head over to Victoria and Alberts.
We have chosen to go to V & A for our Wedding reception meal, there will just be the 3 of us and we are allowed to order the Chef's Table menu in the dining room. I'm really excited about this as I really wanted the Chef's Table but was told they didn't offer it on a Fri. Now, problem solved!
After our dinner, I am at present in talks with Randy about coming back to get some pics of us during the fireworks, I hear near the WP you can get some nice pics, we'll see if this pans out. If not we are thinking of booking the Speciality Cruise to see Illuminations, but to be honest I think I would just prefer to have more pics with Randy:thumbsup2
The next morning we have booked our MK Bridal Shoot for 05.00am. I am doing my own hair and make up for this.
We have booked our Epcot photo shoot for Mon 27th of August at 09.00am, we have chosen Japan and Italy.
Our cake flavours are Marble and Buttercream (bottom layer) and Almond and Amaretto (top layer)

I have my ADR's organised and am just waiting for the 180 day point to make my bookings. We managed to get free DDP. Here they are....

My CS are....

Old Port Royale
Kringla Bakeri og Kafe
Flame Tree BBQ
Terrace Noodle Station
Wolfgang Puck Express
Yakitori House
Tusker House
The Mara
The MK Bakery

TS are...

Planet Hollywood
O'Hana's
The Grand Floridian Cafe
Victoria and Alberts
Les Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Beaches and Cream
Kona Cafe
Coral Reef
Boma
Chef Mickey's
California Grill
San Angel Inn (still debating this one)
Sci-Fi Dine-In
Raglan Road
Concourse Steakhouse
Artist's Point

We are staying 7 nights at CBR then 7 nights at AKL.

We have paid the deposit on our Disney Cruise Line 3 day cruise. We are getting picked up from AKL on the 30th of Aug:cheer2:

We have arranged to go to Atlantis when we get to Nassau. This is our first time cruising so we're really looking forward to it.

We then come back and stay at Crowne Plaza Universal for 4 nights where we will do the Universal Parks.

I think that's it so far. We also plan on going to Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Cirque de Soleil so far. My aim is to get loads of pics of us as we really don't have that many. We have both decided to step out of our comfort zone and try new things. I am a theme park fiend and will try anything, my fiance is not great on coasters or stuff like that as he gets motion sickness (so he says);)
All in all, I think our plan is coming along really well. Although we still have over 6 months to go, I figured if I get all this done now while I'm on a break from University it won't be so rushed.

Summer-- I didnt know you had ever started a planning journal-- what cave have I been living in? Everything sounds amazing.... and as always im right there with ya!! Good Luck and keep us posted...:hug:

Summer-What a wonderful planning journal you have put together so far! You will just love having Randal Miller he makes you feel like he has known you forever. As I mentioned before the service he put together for my parents was touching and that is why we are having him too! You will be a GORGEOUS bride and I can't wait to read more!
Best wishes to you!

I don't know why, but it's so exciting that our weddings are only a day apart :cool1:

You're so much more organized that I am, though! This has been my motivation to get my stuff together :thumbsup2

Your dress is gorgeous... so princessy princess:

Tiggerific - I agree, how cool is it that our weddings are a day apart? I feel super excited to be planning alongside other brides, but you will be getting married the day before me, HOW.... COOL....IS....THAT! :hyper: :hyper:

Summer, I love your dress! It's so different. Sounds like all is going well. I cannot believe you're going to have a 3 week disneymoon! How exciting :goodvibes

Summer, I had never gotten a chance to read your planning journal until now but it's great! My DF and I are leaning towards Randall Miller too. It's too early for us to contact him since we aren't even down to a year but can you let me know what type of ceremony he's doing for you? Is it traditional or are you all doing your own vows? Thanks for putting this whole journal together so we can tag along on your planning journey :goodvibes

Namsupak - Randall is just the best, he is so sweet in his emails and I just know he will perform our ceremony wonderfully:goodvibes
He is performing a civil ceremony for us and we are yet to decide if we will use our own vows, my fiance is a writer so personally I think he should;) , but we may just go the traditional route.
Thanks everyone for being so supportive, I love doing a planning journal meaning I will adore doing a 3 week trip report:rotfl:
I have already told my DF that I will have to take pics of everything including all the food we have, I think he's dreading that part....

UPDATE

Right, I'm stuck. :eek:

I went for my first bridal fitting today, totally unplanned, but my mother was like, 'lets go in here' so I thought why not. I'm glad I did because I have been told that I had missed the cut off date for the dress I had my heart set on! 6 months out, WHAT?
Oh well, I decided it was time to try on some other dresses. I saw some Maggie Sottero dresses that I liked, this is the one I tried on that I liked the best:

J107.jpg
J107back.jpg

Although it really looked beautiful on, I'm struggling to make the payment, it's reduced to £600 (approx$1175) from £850 (approx $1625) I just keep thinking there may be other dresses I love. My mother cried when I had it on saying it was absolutely stunning, so the woman has it on hold for 24 hours. I either have to make payment or it goes back on the rack. I loved the bustle I put on under it and the train is beautiful, but it seemed quite plain on me, I think it's cause I wanted some color.

I then flipped through the catalogue of Maggie Sottero and I found 2 other dresses I love the look of but they don't have in stock. Here is the 1st one:

S5018.jpg
S5018back.jpg

and the 2nd one:

A3034.jpg
A3034back.jpg

I don't know what to do, I don't know the prices of these other 2 and I know they aren't on sale, but I really love the color in them. I have already told the salon that I would add a sash just to break up the color if I bought the first one, which I think may be the reason I'm not too sure. I really need some advice, I can't show my fiance so I would really appreciate your opinions:grouphug:

Which one do you prefer? Should I go with the one I tried on, or should I just order in one of the other ones and see if I can try them on? I need to make a decision in 24 hours or I lose the other dress, please help!!!!!

I LOVE that first dress, but I say if you aren't feeling it, don't let the saleswoman pressure you into buying it! Just because it goes back on the rack doesn't mean someone's going to run in the next day and buy it.

Can you research the cost of the other two dresses online so you can make an informed decision? Maybe check some of the online wedding dress merchants recommended on these boards? You should feel just as secure and comfortable with your wedding dress choice as you do with your choice of groom ;) Don't let anyone rush you into making a major purchase... :goodvibes

i love all of the dresses... I love how the skirts look-- as you can tell from my dress- thats just my style!! Im sure once you get them all tried on you will know which is right for you. Can they order them for you to try on and if you dont like them can they sell it off the rack?

I dont think the first one *needs* a sash to break up the color-- but if you want it defiantely get it.

I like them all-- theres no way I could choose for you-- although i wish i could.. i love spending other peoples money (just not on major decisions!):hug:

I've been looking everywhere for websites with prices of these dresses, but I can't find any. Does anyone know of any websites (US or UK) where I can find the price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter